Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Anxiety about addiction

Talk about ADD/ADHD, Self-Harm, PTSD, Personality Disorders, Social Phobia, GAD, Epilepsy, Migraines, Substance Abuse, Autism Spectrum Disorders, OCD, Physical/Emotional Abuse

by Lisa » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:43 am

COLD TURKEY NOVEMBER 6, 2017
When relaxing I enjoy your garden variety splash of mj-induced mania. This is why I use mj; I can go over the things that bothered me, make a list if needed. Totally relax, it’s hard to concentrate and pin down thoughts because there are SO MANY good ones. It’s like you’re imagining the ‘what life. But, I journal and make lists of things I’d forgotten to deal with. A couple of hours later, and I’m back to no-nonsense me =] But… I want to go cold turkey and see how my body/mind react.

WHAT I LIKE:
freedom of thought > thoughts also race uncontrollably
great ideas > grandiose ideas that may be psychosis to others
relaxed 3-4 hrs > come down?
relieves pain 8-10 hrs >
happy > come down?
chatty > typical introvert
hyper > mow lawn b4 work
manic > don't spend $, post only on bp forums

Okay, peeps. This is my unofficial thread to track what happens; do I need an rx adjustment by pdoc, going well, going poorly, whatever happens, happens. I'll give it to my tdoc to write an article about, my pdoc can be a co-author.

Off to work, have a magnificent day all and keep hanging on! <3
Lisa

by AvantGarde » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:49 am

Nothing to stress about, you won't even feel it.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Mocha » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:06 am

You'll be ok, Lisa........and if you need med adjustment from pdoc, you can do it.

I know it doesn't apply to everyone, but doing without pot is easy for me. I can take it or leave it and I've been smoking since I was 13. Again like I said......not the same for everyone. I've had to quit a couple of times because it didn't play well with my Topamax and I'm not smoking now because my new gp/clinic may or may not order a tox screen. I don't know yet.

Old gp never ordered one, and pdoc and tdoc don't care if I smoke. But I could be cut off from clinic because of state rules, and can't afford that.

I don't know if she's cool like my old gp. Bummer for sure.... We'll see.

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by hal » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:15 pm

Mocha wrote:Old gp never ordered one, and pdoc and tdoc don't care if I smoke. But I could be cut off from clinic because of state rules, and can't afford that.

But I thought mj was legal n your state. Is it because it is still illegal at the federal level?
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Lovehope » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:02 pm

I haven't smoked mj since 2011. I was smoking it during my first manic episode then I was hospitalized. Docs told me I probably thought it was helping but it was probably making my mania worse. Don't know if they were right or not but I don't want to find out. Mania was pure torture for me once the agitation set in so I won't ever touch mj again. Too scared. Different for everyone though. Mj really helps some people.

Anyway, point is I stopped and never looked back. When I was healthy (not manic) and stopped for periods of time I remember feeling a little irritable for a few days but I think that was all mental. You should be okay
Lovehope

by Lisa » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:34 pm

Thanks all <3
Lisa

by Mocha » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:53 pm

hal wrote:But I thought mj was legal n your state. Is it because it is still illegal at the federal level?

That's it, hal.

I'm on MediCal from the state, but they receive funding from the Feds.

Like I said, my old GP just didn't care and never ran a tox screen. But now they're also running random tox screens on everyone who takes pain pills and I take Norcos for the shoulder thing. Actually I haven't had to have one, but they do it on most folks.

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

Return to Related Disorders