Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Not sure...

Talk about ADD/ADHD, Self-Harm, PTSD, Personality Disorders, Social Phobia, GAD, Epilepsy, Migraines, Substance Abuse, Autism Spectrum Disorders, OCD, Physical/Emotional Abuse

by Steponme » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:26 pm

I have been told by friends, family, and therapists that I have anxiety. I just don't see it though. Maybe my understanding of anxiety is wrong? It took me a couple of months to accept my bipolar diagnosis, but I don't think this is the same thing. Some of my friends have anxiety and they are constantly experiencing anxiety/panic attacks. I've only had two before, both of which were over two years ago. Sure I worry a lot, but doesn't everybody?
Don't let your rubber ducky convince you that the world is an illusion after spilling pickle juice in you car while speeding down the highway trying to catch up to a pack of cows.
Steponme

by Spm24 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:26 pm

I constantly worry about things I have no real control over. Plus I obsess about things seemingly all the time. I have panic/anxiety attacks from time to time some severe some extremely mild. I can tell when I am in a stressful situation because my hand will start shaking uncontrollably. Meaning I am starting to have an attack.

There is a difference between worrying and constantly worrying..

All this probably didn't help any...if your tdoc says you deal with anxiety you might want to take their opinion into count...
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Pancake » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:38 pm

I have anxiety, and have rarely had panic attacks. It's just 1 symptom, different for everyone.

Obsessive (over)thinking has been more my thing... Blowing worries out of proportion, avoidance, worried about little things if there aren't any big things...
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

Return to Related Disorders