Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

anyone BP w/ fibromyalgia?

Talk about ADD/ADHD, Self-Harm, PTSD, Personality Disorders, Social Phobia, GAD, Epilepsy, Migraines, Substance Abuse, Autism Spectrum Disorders, OCD, Physical/Emotional Abuse

by cln1812 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:33 pm

As well as being BP, I have fibromyalgia. Right now, I'm having a flare, and it is making life difficult. The fibro makes my anxiety worse (have panic disorder) and makes me foggy headed. When I was feeling well, I made a lot of commitments, and now they're here, and I feel like where am I supposed to find the energy to do this? Worse, my rheumatologist moved her practice farther away from me, so I have to go to my family doc for meds, and she is not as good with the fibro stuff as my old doctor was. I need to find a new rheumatologist, but right now, my insurance has a sky high deductible ($7500), and we are basically paying everything out of pocket. I can't afford to go to a specialty doctor until the insurance rolls over in January.

I had one of those days where even the spray from the shower hurt my skin, and things are just picking up this month. October is full of festivals my family likes to go to, not to mention all the Halloween events. Ugh. I just need to find the energy somewhere.
The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.

~ Unknown
cln1812

by Mocha » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:14 am

cln.....yes, I have heard it's common to have fibro along with bp......and we have had/have members with the same problem. I know Duckysmom for one. I'll direct her to your post.

I'm sorry your rheumatologist moved and omg.....a $7500 deductible until Jan.!!!...That's outrageous....... :shock:

I'm sorry you're going through a flare up atm. It must be miserable to say the least..... :(

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by Duckysmom » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:28 pm

I don't have Fibro, but I do have rheumatoid arthritis and colitis and I have flares frequently so I understand the frustration and pain of dealing with my wonky brain and wonky body at the same time. Add in PTSD, GAD, social anxiety, ADD and, yeah, so much fun. Going through somethings right now, so I don't know if I'm much help. My RH is really bad with the weather changes. My right wrist hurts constantly, but all my joints are aching right now. On top of that I'm fighting a depression and forcing myself to fight my own brain. It's a living hell. I'm sorry your flare is distressing you. I totally get that.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Mocha » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:15 pm

Oops......sorry you guys.......DM, I though you had fibro.....forgot it was rheumatoid arthritis...... :oops:

I'm really sorry you're both going through hell atm........ :(

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by Jemane » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:40 pm

I don’t have fibromyalgia but know plenty of people who do and I can see what a major impact it has on their lives. It must be even worse combined with a mood disorder.
I think some doctors are better at fibro than others. An excellent family doctor who gets it is worth their weight in gold according to my friends.
Do you feel like you are getting the support you need from your team?
I guess the most difficult thing about fibro is that there is no known cure, the focus is on symptom management and managing the psychological effects of the disease.
I feel for you, it’s a difficult thing you’re going through. Any chronic disease is tough and I take my hat off to you also duckysmum for what you’re living through.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

Return to Related Disorders