Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

PMDD

Talk about ADD/ADHD, Self-Harm, PTSD, Personality Disorders, Social Phobia, GAD, Epilepsy, Migraines, Substance Abuse, Autism Spectrum Disorders, OCD, Physical/Emotional Abuse

by Oendr » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:22 am

I have terrible PMDD. I also wonder if I have a binge eating disorder during this time? Is that possible? I'm under quite a bit of stress and have lots of anxiety while waiting for my husband to get a job.

I emotionally eat until I practically get sick. My Pdoc upped my lamictal 100mg 10 days prior to my period and it helps with some of the symptoms but not the bingeing.

I try working with my dietician about this issue but it's obviously out of her grasp. She really tries but she's just not qualified to help in any meaningful way. During this time I lose all willpower. I HATE this.

Any thoughts?
"It's not about what you love. It's about how you love it." - Will Wheaton
Oendr

by Duckysmom » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:04 am

Insuffered PMDD for my entire life until I went through early menopause. My daughter does suffer from it now and the only thing that has helped her is birth control (hormones). I wish I could give you magic words, but all I can do is relate. Hugs.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Oendr » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:09 am

Talked to my Pdoc and he thinks I need to find something meaningful to do with my life... no shit. He recommended that I reduce my hours even more at work and find things that I love to do. He doesn't think there is much more he can do with medication. I have looked into some volunteering that would be wonderful.

I'm going to find an OBGYN that specializes in PMDD and see what they say.

I'm fixated on the idea of taking a low dose of naltrexone to help. My current Pdoc doesn't know much about it's off label uses so he won't try it. It's infuriating! Yesterday I ate 1000 calories over my regular intake. I could have eaten more. The insatiable hunger made me extremely irritable.

I called off work today. Yesterday the cramps were bad but not so much today. Still tired and anxious.

Here's to hoping I don't break down in crying fits again today!
"It's not about what you love. It's about how you love it." - Will Wheaton
Oendr

by Mom2dani » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:12 am

Big hugs. During my stress and anxiety I don't eat which is just as unhealthy. We will get there..healthy mind, body and soul. Hang in there. Xoxo
"Today, I will trust this process and this journey that I have undertaken"
Mom2dani

Return to Related Disorders