Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Terrible anxiety

Talk about ADD/ADHD, Self-Harm, PTSD, Personality Disorders, Social Phobia, GAD, Epilepsy, Migraines, Substance Abuse, Autism Spectrum Disorders, OCD, Physical/Emotional Abuse

by DHKitty » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:03 am

I have been having anxiety every day, it seems worst early in the day. I am switching from Abilify to Latuda and in between the two, taking half of each for the next few days. I have anxiety meds but can only take a small amount. So frustrated! I am scared to death of everything. I can't do things I used to take for granted, like driving. It's too scary. I have no one to talk to. I feel like I can't do anything but wait to feel better. I'm afraid I never will.
DHKitty

by AvantGarde » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:26 am

Hi Kitty, welcome.

Have you told your pdoc (psychiatrist) about this?

You can talk to us, it's alright :)
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Spm24 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:38 am

DHKitty,

Welcome to the forum..

Has it been like this before the switching of meds? Sometimes the switching of meds can exacerbate ailments that we have.
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by DHKitty » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:30 am

I've been anxious on and off since last year, when I got serotonin syndrome and had to go off Paxil which had kept it check for years. It seems especially bad lately. I may just be blaming the meds change when it's a regular anxiety but worse.
DHKitty

by Spm24 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:39 am

It always is hard to go off something that was working. But when it is required it is needed.

Your right it might be from switching meds or a rise in your anxiety.. you should discuss it with your pdoc. They should be able to come up with a game plan..
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Centaur86 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:32 pm

DHKitty wrote:I have been having anxiety every day, it seems worst early in the day. I am switching from Abilify to Latuda and in between the two, taking half of each for the next few days. I have anxiety meds but can only take a small amount. So frustrated! I am scared to death of everything. I can't do things I used to take for granted, like driving. It's too scary. I have no one to talk to. I feel like I can't do anything but wait to feel better. I'm afraid I never will.

Hi DHkitty,

Sad to learn you are suffering from anxiety. I can totally understand what you are going through cause I am going through the same situation myself. Afraid to drive, feeling hopeless and not being able to do anything.

Here are some of the things that helps in this situation besides medication.
Exercise, can be just walking in the park getting fresh air and clearing your mind.
Meditation, here is the link: http://innerpeacemeditation.org/meditat ... tions.html
Stable routine: Sleeping on time getting up on time.

And remember this is just a temporary tough phase, you'll definitely get over it.

Stay Strong!
Centaur86

by DHKitty » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:15 pm

I'm having trouble keeping out of bed during the day. I have nothing to do most of the time. I do meditate sometimes.
DHKitty

by Spm24 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:27 pm

Sometimes you need to make yourself get out of bed. Maybe color some.. or you could do a hobby of yours. I know it is not easy to do so, but taking that first step to doing something to stay out of bed is an important one..
Spm24

by hal » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:03 pm

Hi Kitty, and welcome to our community. I'm sorry you're feeling that way. Anxiety is usually not a big problem for me, but when I do feel it, it's awful, so I have some idea what you're talking about.
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Pancake » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:56 pm

Welcome kitty.
Seratonin syndrome must have been unpleasant D:

Do you see a therapist at all?
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by DHKitty » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:12 am

I don't have a therapist, can't get one around here for at least a few months. I wish I could have one.

Serotonin syndrome was bad. I had seizures and they had to sedate me for a week to stop them. I was in the hospital for three weeks, plus physical rehab and then two weeks in the mental health section.
DHKitty

by DHKitty » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:29 am

I saw my sister today and while it was good to see her, she had so many suggestions on how to make friends that seem impossible for me. I know it isn't easy for her, but it seems easy. I'm crying because I don't think I'm doing anything right. I've been isolating myself because I live with my elderly parents who don't have much in common with me, and because it's just so much easier being in bed. I know I should push myself out. At least out of bed. I'm out now but alone anyway.
I have to set my meds out for the week and I'm afraid to do it. I'm afraid I'm out of something, or I'll screw up. Does anyone else fear doing simple things?
DHKitty

by MochaAdmin » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:53 am

I hear everything you said about anxiety. If it wasn't for my meds I seriously don't know how I would function like a halfway normal person.

Why are you allowed to take only a small amount of anti anxiety meds? What do you take? And how much?

Have you talked to your pdoc about this and told him how bad it is? If not, you really need to asap. You need help.

Sorry about the serotonin syndrome.......and sorry you had to dc the Paxil if it was working. But unfortunately SS can be fatal as I'm sure you know.

I'm sorry you're going through it right now, and yes I expect most of us have gone thru something like this too. I know I have.

Please hang in and call your pdoc, ok?

Not a Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
MochaAdmin
Site Admin

by Stuckles » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:51 am

Hi DHKitty,

I'm in a similar boat in some regards. Living arrangements, anxiety, a sister who is full of suggestions as to how I can live my life 'better' because she's able to, feelings of everything I do is wrong or has no purpose.

I have to agree with Mocha that without medication I could not function properly and your PDoc can help you with that but you have to keep him informed so he knows to adjust your dosages or look into alternatives. Even with medication, it's still up to me to recognize the warning signs early enough so it doesn't spiral out of control. For me relaxation techniques helps to get my mind from dwelling on things or it becomes a feedback loop that just builds and builds till the anxiety turns into something worse.

Simple things like remembering which pills where and when to name just one example, is a daily struggle and often source of anxiety for me. I don't know whether it's BP related or due to the excessive stress and burn outs I have experienced in my life but I tend to get things mixed up really easy and I'm constantly aware of this, checking and rechecking things ... not that it helps as sometimes even my checks gets muddled up :lol: So I try to put measures in place to prevent any ambiguity and any anxiety that would come with that.

I started out with day of the week coded pill holders but then got mixed up between which is night and which is day so I had to buy ones that don't look the same and ended up still getting mixed up till I eventually wrote with a marker on them which is my morning holder and which my night holder. To make sure I don't run out, and avoid the anxiety of not being able to take my meds, at the beginning of the week when I fill my holders I do a quick check to see if there will be enough for at least one more week (Including the current week I'm in) and if there is not, I know to plan a trip to the pharmacy and that I have enough time so I won't get stressed about it.

For me it's about making small changes to prevent situations of anxiety, at least those that are in my control, and stop it from happening to begin with rather than trying to deal with it once it's already taken hold.

Granted, I have extra motivation to not stay in bed all day because I suffer major pain flares if I do, but I know what a struggle it can be. It's hard to do but I try to find something that I would want to get up in the morning for and yes, they tend to disappear for no reason and I would have to start all over again.

I'm not saying that what I do is always the right way or will work for everyone, just sharing how I cope with things best I can.

I hope you find some relief for your anxiety soon and I'm sorry to hear about the seretonin syndrome, it could not have been easy to deal with.
Stuckles

Return to Related Disorders