Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

What to focus on is causing lack of focus

Talk about ADD/ADHD, Self-Harm, PTSD, Personality Disorders, Social Phobia, GAD, Epilepsy, Migraines, Substance Abuse, Autism Spectrum Disorders, OCD, Physical/Emotional Abuse

by Duckysmom » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:19 am

I see my tdoc today after work. Last week was a break from trauma therapy. This week, back to it. So many things have come up that we have bounced around and she wants me to decide on one thing to focus on. So now I can't focus at work because I keep running things through my head.

How do I decide? Nightmares are all about the same issue, had a flashback the other night. But I don't know if I want to tackle that tonight. Guess I should just bite the bullet.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by AvantGarde » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:36 am

I think you can tackle it. No need to go over the specifics not to retraumatize yourself, but handle what needs to be handled.

HUG
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes
AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Duckysmom » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:14 am

Thanks, AG. You're always so encouraging. I really appreciate it. Guess I'll just tackle it.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by AvantGarde » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:35 am

I was reading today what makes a good trauma therapy, found this link:

https://drkathleenyoung.wordpress.com/2 ... a-therapy/

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Duckysmom » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:59 pm

Rough day at work. Made it through. Waiting for my tdoc apt.

Thanks for the link, AG. Gives me ideas to bring up.

Is it bad form to slap the annoying teenager in the room who is talking so loud you'd think he is addressing the entire room? Shut the F up already!
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Spm24 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:01 pm

Hate loud talkers. I am sure others would appreciate it if you had done it but you might have gotten in trouble...
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Duckysmom » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:08 pm

Shawn, you got a giggle out of me. And after the session I just had, I needed it.
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Spm24 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:13 pm

It is good to be able to smile and laugh after a tough session...
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Duckysmom » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:08 pm

Thanks, Shawn. Just gotcanother assignment to write a comforting letter to the little girl inside me. Not an assignment I'm looking forward to. But I wasn't looking forward to the others either. Working from home tomorrow, and Auntie will be out of the house for the day. There's relief in both of those.

Might need another giggle tomorrow so start thinking up a good joke.
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Spm24 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:14 pm

If you need I will be around most of the day. And you know how I can take over a thread and make some people smile :D

Assignments like that have to be extremely hard but rewarding in the long run....

A plus for you is working from home and no Auntie....
Spm24

by Duckysmom » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:04 am

Adding to this thread because the lack of focus is even worse after my session yesterday. Working from home, but still working. Just got off the phone with a supplier, all professional and cheery, my usual self. Hung up. Niw I just want to crawl into bed and stay there.
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Spm24 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:36 am

Hang in there Ducky. If you can fake your way through the day today while your working maybe once your done you can crawl into bed for awhile. I know it is hard on you after a tough session....
Spm24

by AvantGarde » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:39 am

I'm sorry I just saw this now, there's some sort of glitch I keep missing posts.

I'm sorry you're feeling crappy, hope your day gets better. Maybe I shoulntd've told you to go for it :?

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Duckysmom » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:12 am

Nah, AG, I needed to go for it. This too shall pass. I just want to get through this day, do my homework and not think about it for the rest of the week.
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by AvantGarde » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:43 am

Ok, I'm glad that's the overall perspective :)

Of course it will pass, and the day will be over soon.

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Duckysmom » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:39 pm

Have I mentioned that I have an awesome boss? Called him and told him my session was hard yesterday and I had an assignment from my therapist that was causing me lack of focus. He told me to go do my assignment and I could work on Saturday to make up my time. I only have three hours to make up.

I did my assignment, letter to my child self, comforting her and feeling her. Did a lot of crying. Exhausted and going to bed now.

Thanks for the support, guys.
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by MochaAdmin » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:43 pm

Duckysmom wrote:Is it bad form to slap the annoying teenager in the room who is talking so loud you'd think he is addressing the entire room? Shut the F up already!

Not just slap him.......BITCH SLAP him until you slap the taste outta his mouth.... :twisted:

j/k of course.....I don't want you getting in trouble......was this at work?....or?

The only thing I hate worse are people who put their cell phones on speaker wherever they are and talk and talk.......annoys the absolute fuck outta me......arrgghh!

Makes me want to bitch slap them too.......and stomp the shit outta their phone..... :evil: .....people just don't have any manners any more...........

Now back to you.....please excuse my little rant....lol.....your boss is amazing and so considerate of you. Always has been. You're a very lucky woman, Ducky.

I'm glad you were able to work on your assignment. I know from experience how much this type of thing can help. I went through something similiar with the therapist I had then. I had to rescue the 'little girl' in me and finally I did. Very draining.

Not a Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
MochaAdmin
Site Admin

by Jemane » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Hugs ducky, hope you're doing ok. Glad your boss was so understanding.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

Return to Related Disorders