Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

No Trauma Therapy Today! Yay!

Talk about ADD/ADHD, Self-Harm, PTSD, Personality Disorders, Social Phobia, GAD, Epilepsy, Migraines, Substance Abuse, Autism Spectrum Disorders, OCD, Physical/Emotional Abuse

by Duckysmom » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:13 pm

Saw my tdoc right after I saw my pdoc. No trauma therapy today. Talked about my med changes, my grandson, my daughter, went over some coping skills, told her how I was finally, correctly diagnosed. I'd never told her that story. And Bill was happy to see me come home in a good, if anxious (about the med changes), mood.

So every few weeks, we will have a break session. Current events, boundary issues, coping strategies, no trauma work. Next week, we go back to trauma therapy. No assignment other than to decide what I want to focus on for the session.

It was nice to not deal with the hard stuff for a session. Makes it easier knowing I will have breaks in between.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Spm24 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:29 pm

Always a plus when your tdoc has you take some down time between stressful sessions...
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

Return to Related Disorders