Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Hearing Voices

Talk about ADD/ADHD, Self-Harm, PTSD, Personality Disorders, Social Phobia, GAD, Epilepsy, Migraines, Substance Abuse, Autism Spectrum Disorders, OCD, Physical/Emotional Abuse

by Blake's Poisontree » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:03 am

OK, so I don't actually hear voices, it's more like someone whispering my name. This doesn't happen often and only in those high trippy moments that warns me that I'm about to become hypo or hitting that deep depression that gives you that out-of-body experience. But, there are always either music playing, people talking in the background, or a soft blend of background noise, so I always thought maybe it's just the collection of sounds that are similar to the pronunciation of my name that my unconscious picks up and translates as a whisper. If that is the case then why don't I hear it when I am stable and also not when I am properly medicated.

Anyone else experience this? Is it just my imagination?
I don't have a God complex, God is not this complex.
Blake's Poisontree

by AvantGarde » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:08 am

Oh crap, sorry you're dealing with that Blake.

I used to have it, haven't experienced it in almost two years though. Are you stressed? Usually psychotic symptoms are activated by stressful times.

Call pdoc anyway.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service &
Shawn's part-time mind disrupter

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Duckysmom » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:33 am

In my manic or mixed states, I have hallucinary and, sometines, sensory hallucinations. You are not alone. And it's the worst.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Spm24 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:43 am

I used to hear my name or very quiet conversations but since I was put on a med for it, it has stopped for me. It was annoying to hear those voices.
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

Return to Related Disorders