Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Can't catch a break

Talk about ADD/ADHD, Self-Harm, PTSD, Personality Disorders, Social Phobia, GAD, Epilepsy, Migraines, Substance Abuse, Autism Spectrum Disorders, OCD, Physical/Emotional Abuse

by AvantGarde » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:03 am

... now it's my OCD flaring. Intrusive thoughts all morning. Just wanted to vent that I'm tired of this shit, it's always something.

But I figured out a way of not succumbing to the deep end of depression, I'm writting down all the things that make me feel normal, from me as a person to outside things like going for coffee and the likes.

The OCD was triggered by my ex who sent me a text yesterday, led to a dream about another ex, some sleepwalking and now obsessive thoughts. Glad I'm on meds, that's for sure. I feel so guilty about having these thoughts, I shouldn't thought, it's not my fault.

It will pass, it will pass, it will pass.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Mocha » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:08 am

Was this the ex who treated you like shit?

And no, it's not your fault. no way, no how. You were triggered by the text and the rest followed.

Just wanted to vent that I'm tired of this shit, it's always something.

Ain't that the truth......sigh.....

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:13 am

Mocha wrote:Was this the ex who treated you like shit?

Nah... the friend one. We fought a lot, but I actually treated him worse. lol We forgave each other though. The ones who treated me like shit apparently learned their lesson or I managed to block them from every way to contact me ever again.

OCD sucks. CPTSD sucks. BP sucks. GAD sucks. They all suck :evil:

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Duckysmom » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:32 am

I could not agree more. They all suck!
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Spm24 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:15 am

Sorry you can't catch a break. It seems as you say if it is not one thing it's another. Hang in there...Hug..
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by hal » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:25 am

What a great idea to write the good things down. I send you both admiration and hugs, AG!
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by AvantGarde » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:29 am

Thanks guys.

One of the items on the list just says "peanut butter" so I don't know if it's very admirable :lol:

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Duckysmom » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:07 am

I like peanut butter.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Spm24 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:25 am

I'm eating a peanut butter and homemade blueberry jelly sandwich..yummy :D
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Duckysmom » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:26 am

Shawn, you're making me jealous!
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Spm24 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:28 am

Sorry...but it is good..have all kinds of homemade jams to put on peanut butter sandwichs :lol:
Spm24

by Jemane » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:40 pm

Mmmm... peanut butter. OCD must really suck. Hugs to you. What difficult time you seem to be having. But definitely not your fault. It's an illness.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by AvantGarde » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:30 pm

Thanks guys :)

AvantGarde
Site Admin

Return to Related Disorders