Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Saw My Pdoc Today

Talk about ADD/ADHD, Self-Harm, PTSD, Personality Disorders, Social Phobia, GAD, Epilepsy, Migraines, Substance Abuse, Autism Spectrum Disorders, OCD, Physical/Emotional Abuse

by Duckysmom » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:04 pm

No changes in medications. His only concern was my waking up from nightmares, but my mood seems pretty even. His words, "You seem pretty damn stable, if a bit raw." I told him about the last few days, the rage, the memories coming back to me, the PTSD kicking my ass. His response, "I could drug you to numbness but that's not going to help you. It's about time you got angry, even furious, and you need to remember to heal. So no changes in meds. Just call me if the sleep issues continue and I'll see you in 5 weeks." I make it sound cold writing it down, but his tone was compassionate. He asked me when my next tdoc appt is and said he was going to suggest to her we meet weekly for a while. (It's been two weeks in between due to schedule conflicts.) So I just have to keep an eye on my moods and sleep and call him if I need him. I walked out feeling pretty good. Oh, and he said, as I was leaving, "welcome back," with a big smile. I laughed. I am back. This last year of insanity seems to have come to an end. So I just have to keep moving forward.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Spm24 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:12 pm

Sounds like your progress is ongoing. Happy for you.. keep up the hard work.
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Mocha » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:55 pm

Duckysmom wrote: Oh, and he said, as I was leaving, "welcome back," with a big smile. I laughed. I am back. This last year of insanity seems to have come to an end. So I just have to keep moving forward.

:)

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by hal » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:32 pm

This is a win, Ducky! :)
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by AvantGarde » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:27 pm

Yay :D