Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Scars

Have you been a victim? Or have you contributed to your own stigma?

by skizzedkid » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:43 am

Self harming has left me some scars. They are really big and visible, around the feet. I never wear shorts outside. Do you have scars? Do you let others see them? What if they ask about them? I am very ashamed of mine.
skizzedkid

by Spm24 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:53 am

I have scars on the back of my left hand and on both shoulders. They are big and noticable. I never get asked what they are but the one on the back of my hand is not that noticable die to age and other scars from an accident. The ones on my shoulders I don't care if anyone sees them. It is what it is. A part of me. Nothing I can change about them.. but has been years since I did that....
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Snowflake » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:10 am

I have scars on my left and right forearm plus shoulder on left side. The ones on my right arm and left shoulder are not seen easily, the the ones on my left arm are. I have never had any ask what they are, or point them out, but it is obvious what they are. I go back and forth on being ashamed and not all the time. Right now I'm more in a place of not wanting people to know what I've been through so I try to hid it so that people wont treat me differently.
"I'm not crazy, I'm just a little un-well. I know, right now you can't tell. But stay a while and maybe then you'll see, a different side of me."
Snowflake

by Duckysmom » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:14 am

I have never self harmed physically, but I very noticeable scars on both legs near the ankles, one foot not so noticeable, both feet on the top that are somewhat noticable, one on my hand where I sliced mysel with a knife on accident and several on my stomach, one that crosses all the way from one hip to the other from an emergency surgery. I never hide my scars. They are what they are. Nosy people piss me off. I don't think my medical history is any of their business. I usually shrug. "Accident" or "Just part of me."

Your shame comes from knowing how those scars got there, but you have nothing to be ashamed of. They are just part of your experience. Do you have a tdoc to talk to about this?
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Steponme » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:00 pm

My left arm is covered with them. Also have a bunch on my thigh, but they have faded a lot.

My scars have never bothered me. I honestly forget they are there most of the time. Whenever a child asks what is on my arm, I tell them they are zebra stripes xD
Don't let your rubber ducky convince you that the world is an illusion after spilling pickle juice in you car while speeding down the highway trying to catch up to a pack of cows.
Steponme

by shandi » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:25 pm

i usualy only made scars on my right arm but they mostly faded
i think a very difficult thing to do is accepting that i cant promise everyone that unwell behaviors would never occur again
shandi

Return to Stigma