Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

psychic during mania

Have you been a victim? Or have you contributed to your own stigma?

by cottontail » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:36 pm

Hi everyone

When I was undiagnosed I was severely manic which lasted months. I remember I had the most vivid dreams which were so dark and horrific they have stayed with me ever since. I push them to the back of my mind but they creep up occasionally like now...

Anyway I was wondering if anyone experienced intuitive feelings either when they were manic or before. I have always been intuitive to a point but never like when I was psychotic.
cottontail

by Spm24 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:10 pm

cottontail,
Welcome to the forum.
Never considered myself psychic but at times when I was manic I felt like I knew was going to happen. Plus had lots of deja Vu...
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Mocha » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:28 pm

cottontail wrote:Hi everyone

When I was undiagnosed I was severely manic which lasted months. I remember I had the most vivid dreams which were so dark and horrific they have stayed with me ever since. I push them to the back of my mind but they creep up occasionally like now...

Anyway I was wondering if anyone experienced intuitive feelings either when they were manic or before. I have always been intuitive to a point but never like when I was psychotic.

cottontail.........I occasionally have premonitions, but nothing like I did back in the day. It has/had nothing to with psychosis though. And never through dreams.

Aside from the premonitions, I do get gut feelings and I always trust my gut.

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by Lisa » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:23 pm

I like to think that mania is a positive part of my psyche, whether good or bad.
Lisa

Return to Stigma