Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

What now?

Ask questions! Share your worries and fears.

by Lpp1970 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:02 pm

My daughter has been recently diagnosed and she was hospitalized for 10 days and has been out for 10 days. She's taking Depakote and a monthly shot of invega. The medicine is helping a bit but she walks around like a zombie most of the day. She wants to get back to her old self, but she doesn't have a psychiatrist appointment for another 2 weeks. She's on a call list in case there's a cancellation. I find it very frustrating. I've adjusted my work schedule so I can stay with her while her boyfriend works, because we don't feel comfortable with her being alone. Any ideas?
Lpp1970

by 50calty » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:32 pm

Honestly, in my opinion you are doing everything you can right now. I know that it sucks waiting for a pdoc appt., but at least you got in. Where I live to see a pdoc can take months to get and they tell you if its that bad to go to ER. There is just a shortage in my area. Just hang in there and things will get better after the appt.
Surv;vor ~ My Story Isn't Over Yet
50calty

by AvantGarde » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:30 pm

This zombie mode will pass. I was like this in the beginning of my meds too, I take the exact same medication. If she just got out of the hospital it's natural for the meds to be in high doses.

Good luck.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Lpp1970 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:40 am

Is 500mg of Depakote a lot? That's what she's taking now.
Lpp1970

by Spm24 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:07 am

You might want to do some research on it. Mine showed it is not.
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

Return to Newly Diagnosed