Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

No 2 Newbie

Ask questions! Share your worries and fears.

by cfall » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:49 am

Trying to understand what's going on with myself is so hard. Tired of being asked what triggered the emotional change. That's the problem, I don't have a clue and this has been going on for over a year now. My husband of 21 years is trying to help, but I don't know what to tell him that I need help with. Thanks for letting me join. I think this will be good to see I'm not the only one going thru this.
cfall

by AvantGarde » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:53 am

Welcome cfall, make yourself at home. Probably reading some posts and making a contribution to what you think about them is a good place to start.

Are you in therapy? Taking meds? We say around here, it takes the two to tango the dance of bipolar.

Therapy is extremelly helpful for recognizing triggers and acting on them before they escalate.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Spm24 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:01 am

cfall,

Welcome to the forum.. you will find a diverse variety of people here.

I can commiserate with you on not knowing triggers. I have trouble myself. It does get easier with time. I have figured out a couple of my triggers.

Therapy is very helpful with this disorder. Just as meds. Most of us have found out that they are needed...
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Mocha » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:04 am

Welcome cfall........ :)

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by hal » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:13 am

Glad to have you here, cfall. You will learn a lot as you read the posts here, and I hope you will tell us more about yourself too. :)
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by cfall » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:37 pm

I have been going thru therapy for a yr now and have Been on many different meds. I thought they would help , however they almost admitted me to hospital on my last therapy visit and now afraid to go back :(
cfall

by AvantGarde » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:27 pm

Why were you almost admitted to the hospital? You weren't though... So that's good :)

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by cfall » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:57 am

I was going thru a manic episode they said and were afraid of self harm. Now im just so worried about being admitted and who i am.
cfall

by AvantGarde » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:01 am

I get that fear, you're not alone. But it will get easier, and with a therapist's help it gets even easier. Just gotta trust the process.

AvantGarde

by cfall » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:45 am

Thank you !
cfall

by AvantGarde » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:01 am

No problem :)

AvantGarde

by Pancake » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:48 am

Hi CFall.
What meds made you manic? Some of us can't tolerate SSRIs and SNRIs, anything that messes with my seratonin is on my shit list.

Welcome (:
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

Return to Newly Diagnosed