Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Recently Diagnosed

Ask questions! Share your worries and fears.

by kisa_marie » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:29 pm

Hi everyone! I was recently diagnosed with Bipolar 2. I'm taking Abilify for it, but I'm not sure if it's doing anything. Lately, I've been feeling really bored, and nothing is satisfying to do. I don't like having this diagnosis that much, and I guess I'm just looking for support, since I don't know where else to go.
kisa_marie

by Mocha » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:38 pm

Hi again, Kisa...... :)
How long ago were you dx'd? And just to get to know you better, what type of symptoms got you to the pdoc (psychiatrist) and on meds?

We're glad you came here for support, because that's just what you'll find. We all get what it's like with a new dx, what a struggle it can be to accept, to find the right meds.

Are you in therapy?
Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by Pancake » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:14 pm

Welcome kisa.

Do you see a therapist too? I've found mine really helpful.
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by AvantGarde » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:33 pm

Hey kisa :)
(kisa in portuguese is slang for cocaine.)

Welcome.

Nobody likes to have a mental illness, it could be worse though, as long as you treat it right with meds and therapy, and of course you can lean on us for support and questions. :)

Make yourself at home.
"You don’t suffer from a sense of superiority – you’re remarkably modest for an emperor of all humanity."
AvantGarde
Site Admin

by kisa_marie » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:48 am

I was given the diagnosis a little bit over a week ago. I'm in therapy too, which helps, but I still get that feeling of dread when I think about it. I ended up in therapy first, and then I got evaluated by a psychiatrist. I go through these phases of just being depressed, maybe for about a week, sometimes shorter. Other times, I have a lot more energy, I get bored, and I end up going shopping. During those times, I'm much more irritable, and easily annoyed. I tend to lash out at my boyfriend for little things. I got put on Abilify, but we're still working on finding the right dosage.
kisa_marie

by AvantGarde » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:11 am

Abilify is a good med, most of the time.

I have a friend who's schizoaffective bipolar type (meaning, more psychosis than mood issues, but still a lot of mood issues) and he's only on Abilify and very stable.

Hope this med works for you.
"You don’t suffer from a sense of superiority – you’re remarkably modest for an emperor of all humanity."
AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Duckysmom » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:45 am

Welcome to the board, Kisa. It's hard to be disgnosed and trying to figure it all out and what it means for your future, but you're headed in the right direction with meds, pdoc (psychiatrist) and tdoc (therapist) ad it takes all three for this illness.

And there are a lot of caring, understanding people here who have experiences to share and support to give.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

Return to Newly Diagnosed