Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Hypomania

Ask questions! Share your worries and fears.

by cottontail » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:31 pm

I am not psychotic now ... but when I threw out all my clothes and my jewellry and my art .... basically anything that wasn't tied down was thrown out lol (when I say thrown out I mean I gave away to charity as well).

I have to have my meds looked at though I don't feel quite right atm ... cannot focus on studying or anything really and as for being paranoid ... I am really paranoid atm. At least I am sleeping. I am in Australia here is 3.33pm.
cottontail

by Lisa » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:41 pm

cottontail wrote:I am not psychotic now ... but when I threw out all my clothes and my jewellry and my art .... basically anything that wasn't tied down was thrown out lol (when I say thrown out I mean I gave away to charity as well).

Oooooh, I've did this before... when I left my 2nd fiance [drunk] I took everything of mine from the house and just drove it to someone elses house and gave everything away. Austin sculptures... furniture, rugs, paintings.

cottontail wrote:I have to have my meds looked at though I don't feel quite right atm ... cannot focus on studying or anything really and as for being paranoid ... I am really paranoid atm. At least I am sleeping. I am in Australia here is 3.33pm.

Someone will surely ask what your taking now & help you out.

You take care! It's 10:40pm in Texas, we have 2 time zones, so central :P
Lisa

by AvantGarde » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:53 pm

Psychosis is delusions and hallucinations... and all that's attached to those two things. There are all kinds of delusions, and a lot of types of hallucinations. They usually have themes, depending on one's background/cultural influence.

There are little weird pathways our neurons choose to make, like believing the TV Anchor Man is talking about us (delusions of reference, as an example). Or the common hallucination of hearing voices commenting on what we do and criticizing it. I've had the former, but not so much the latter. My voices are different, that's too complex to explain now. Pdoc thinks my particular voices are not from psychosis, they're not evasive or anything. That does not mean I don't have psychosis. Not psychotic at the moment, but have been for a long time :? It was fun...

Cottontail, maybe time to call pdoc?
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Lisa » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:57 pm

Lisa wrote:
cottontail wrote:I am not psychotic now ... but when I threw out all my clothes and my jewellry and my art .... basically anything that wasn't tied down was thrown out lol (when I say thrown out I mean I gave away to charity as well).

Oooooh, I've done this before... when I left my 2nd fiance [drunk] I took everything of mine from the house and just drove it to someone elses house and gave everything away. Austin sculptures... furniture, rugs, paintings.

cottontail wrote:I have to have my meds looked at though I don't feel quite right atm ... cannot focus on studying or anything really and as for being paranoid ... I am really paranoid atm. At least I am sleeping. I am in Australia here is 3.33pm.

Lisa

by Lisa » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:57 pm

Lisa wrote:
Lisa wrote:
cottontail wrote:I am not psychotic now ... but when I threw out all my clothes and my jewelry and my art .... basically anything that wasn't tied down was thrown out lol (when I say thrown out I mean I gave away to charity as well).

Oooooh, I've done this before... when I left my 2nd fiance [drunk] I took everything of mine from the house and just drove it to someone elses house and gave everything away. Austin sculptures... furniture, rugs, paintings.

Lisa

by AvantGarde » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:10 pm

Having trouble there Lisa? :lol:
Instead of double/triple posting, you can edit your first post on the little pen on the top right of your posts.

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Jemane » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:55 am

So seeing this topic is right on for where I’m at, I’m going up again. In an amazing everything is awesome kind of way.
My kids are awesome
My husband is awesome
My house is awesome
What can I say, I’m not that bad either.
Think my pdoc was right. Especially as it’s late at night and I’m about to sort through the pantry... but it really needs to be done!
I feel so optimistic, that I’ll never be depressed again.
I like my kind of hypomanic.
But I’m also sensible so I’ll call the pdoc as I’m sure he’ll want to reduce my sntidepresssant dose.
Hooray for life! Yay! It’s all worth it! Yes!
Sorry for the over enthusiasm. Who else would understand?
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by Jemane » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:35 am

I should add as AG has reminded me that I’m not at all advocating being hypomanic.
I know that the higher I go the lower I’ll probably go and that I might do stupid stuff I regret which is why I’m seeing my pdoc and going along with the medication changes he advocates.
Just so you all know the truth of it.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by AvantGarde » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:37 am

Jemane... OMG I was kidding :lol: :lol: I'm sorry!! I'm happy you're well, I was just saying that we shouldn't, not that we can't :oops: I feel so stupid, I'm sorry.

Seriously guys, hypomania, compared to depression or mania, is fucking great! Of course we should all aim for stability, but hey... we don't always get what we wish for. :lol: Sorry again everyone, I'll go censor people inadvertedly somewhere else

AvantGarde

by hal » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:41 am

Cleaning out the pantry? I dunno... I might call that manic. Unless it was planned ahead. Maybe.

I cleaned the rag shelf: hypomanic. Cleaning out the refrigerator. Manic.
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Jemane » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:48 am

It’s ok AG, it’s harder to pick a joke online when you can’t see someone’s face and I do tend to rake things literally. Have to laugh though!
It’s currently 2.45am and I’m supposed to be doing that thing called sleep but my brain is screwed up so I’m probably not thinking straight.
I should never post at 2.45am I think!

Hal, yes I agee pantry is borderline manic. I think the garage definitely is so I’ll be monitoring that one.
Jemane

by AvantGarde » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:51 am

Hey, I cleaned the pantry and the refrigerator yesterday and I'm stable... I think :? Is that a manic trait? "Hey doc, I'm tidy. Lock me up!"

Oh, try to sleep Jemane. Can you take something to knock you out?

AvantGarde

by Jemane » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:22 am

Good idea. My brain isn’t thinking straight that I didn’t even think of that.
Just went for a half hour walk round the neighbourhood. Weather is divine and I just want to be outside.
But I need sleep so I’ll try taking something and see what happens.
Jemane

by Lisa » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:31 am

The ex and I have been discussing when we met, meeting relatives, etc. He has a magnificent memory & it's quite informative; specifically, the discussions he had with my relatives. His Parkinson's and/or meds make him hypomanic sometimes. I think he likes it because he won't stop talking, I just have to keep him on track XD We're also tracking my changes, so good for me as well =]
Lisa

Previous

Return to Newly Diagnosed