Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Success

Questions? Types of Therapy? Experiences?
Pdocs or Tdocs for Therapy?

by Lovehope » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:28 pm

In therapy we talked about how I'm a little dependent on my husband. I became dependent on him over the last two years when my episodes were really bad.

Well today the shower broke and I couldn't get the water to turn off. I panicked. No one was home. BUT I somehow managed to take the shower apart and turn the water off all by myself!!!! How's that for not being dependent. I'm really proud of myself and am trying to do more things on my own so this was a big confidence boost that I can handle things without my husband
Lovehope

by Spm24 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:08 pm

Good for you!!! A wonderful feeling to accomplish something like that for yourself.
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Lovehope » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:31 pm

Thanks Shawn. I'm really trying to become more independent. I realized in therapy last week that i really lost myself over the past two years with all my depression. My therapist said you don't just bounce back from it. Takes time to heal. Part of that healing is letting go of needing my husband all the time. I needed him all the time when I was depressed but I hope now I can work back to my independent self
Lovehope

by hal » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:24 pm

You have a very healthy attitude, LoveHope. Plus, wow, that's a real accomplishment to figure out how to turn the water off when you had no clue.
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Lovehope » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:46 pm

Thanks hal!
Lovehope

by Mocha » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:10 pm

LH, I'm so proud of you, girl....... :D

Maybe some folks wouldn't get it but we do. This crap can make us lose our footing, our balance sometimes. Doesn't mean we can't find solid ground again and that looks like that's what you're doing.......
Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob
Mocha
Site Admin

by Lovehope » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:19 pm

Thanks mocha! I'm trying...
Lovehope

Return to Therapy