Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Friendships

Questions? Types of Therapy? Experiences?
Pdocs or Tdocs for Therapy?

by Pancake » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:34 pm

Why do therapists ask about this?

I don't like to people, I always feel like I have to make something up so they won't pester me about it....

*Shifty-eyes*
For all the crap I've said about being honest with your therapist, too :o
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by AvantGarde » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:42 pm

I've had an epiphany regarding this subject, as I basically hate everyone. :lol:

The friends I do have are good enough, so I say I have plenty. The social life I do have satisfies me, so I say I have it together and I'm social.

I said in therapy that I'm very judgemental in real life so that she's prepared for my rants about peopleing when it's time for them. Whenever I do rant, she agrees with me that people seldomly think before they act, which is my biggest pet peeve with people in my "real" life. It's all matrix anyway, in the grand scheme of things we're all blips so meeeeeh. :lol:
Genetically evolved chicken at your service (I accept Etsy gift cards only)

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes
AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Jemane » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:07 pm

I actually bring this topic up more than they do.

I think it’s cause I lost a lot of friends from the cult and I’m still rebuilding.

Made a lot of new friends on the last few months though so feeling pretty positive about this now.

I love people. I’m definitely an extrovert. I generally like parties and people and functions and all those kinds of things- except of course when my mood is low.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by Pancake » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:06 pm

I've had an epiphany regarding this subject, as I basically hate everyone. :lol:

Oh, good. Phew, it's not just me. :lol:

I've been going to a craft group most weeks to get me out of the house, but I can't honestly say it's doing any 'good' in terms of isolation. I mean, I have people's numbers in my phone, that's enough, right? I don't have to bff every week (or ever) for gossip, coffee or sleepovers, not everyone fits in the same box.

The therapists I have had seem to worry about it, while the only reason I do is if I feel like I have to put on a show :roll:
Pancake

by AvantGarde » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:21 pm

I knoooow.. I have a bunch of numbers on my phone. Yesterday while waiting for vet, was going over them and thinking to myself why the fuck do I save all these numbers? I couldn't care less about the majority of these people, and it's not like they save my number either lol :?
It didn't come in handy the other day when I couldn't get an excuse not to call those old friends of mine, because I still had their numbers :? Shite.. I thought later that I simply could've said I didn't have my phone with me lol Why do the best lines and excuses always come up after they're needed?

Btw, Pan, so you know.. this is my new favorite emoji :? :? I find it really funny that we can't twist our mouths like that, but it conveys such a specific emotion :lol:

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Pancake » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:31 pm

:?

:D
Pancake

by Nigeo6564 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:40 pm

I was only asked once by my therapist about friendships, close and distant and my reply was that I prefer distant friendships.

In my life experience I have learnt that friends are only fair weather friends...when things are good they will all be there but when things go a bit bumpy or work takes your time, you are nothing!!!!!! If you don't fit into their schedules you don't fit in.

That is why I have decided that I will only "allow" distant friendships in my life.

I don't do sleep overs and coffee at the mall and all that stuff BFF's do...

I don't like it and I prefer to spend this time with my husband!

Sorry I suppose this is very negative it that is my outlook on life and fair weather friends...... :roll:
When life knocks you down to your knees, you are in the perfect position to get help!
Nigeo6564

by AvantGarde » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:45 pm

I don't think negative is necessarily bad, really... Some of us are just not built for the "perfect community" that is society.

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by skizzedkid » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:32 am

Oh friends.... yeah. Loads. A very active social life. I promise. If you promise to leave me alone. Completely alone. Bastard.
skizzedkid

by hal » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:10 am

I had a couple of close friends when I was young. Distinguishing between friends and acquaintances, I would say I have no friends now.
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by AvantGarde » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:56 am

What does a close friend entail really? I can only call pdoc or tdoc if I have severe SI and need support.

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Spm24 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:05 pm

There are a few people we have things to do with. Those are Tracy's friends so I just know them through association. I had friends when I was in my twenties because I used to drink, play softball, go to people's houses and did things. But through age and stubbornness I have lost all of them that we meet once a year to eat.

Friends are nice but I refuse to be the only one who tried to make it work.
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

Return to Therapy