Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Rant of the Week

Are you on that last little nerve? Need to get something off your chest?

Here's the place to do it. Vent away!

by BillyGoat » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:51 am

Pre-Intro to Rant of the Week Award!

Spm just brought it to my attention that some of our members weren't aware of our Rant of the Week Award......sorry Shawn.... :oops:

Our old Admin, BillyGoat came up with this years ago on our old site. I think you'll find his 'instructions' in the following post. .and feel free to let fly with the foul language if you like. anything goes....... :twisted:

BillyGoat]It's back, and it's bigger and badder than ever. :evil: :twisted:

You all know you want it, so come post and earn it...

Everyone else, give me your best... and don't hold back. Swear, bitch, whine, shake your fists at the sky and vow to destroy all of the world.

The inaugural Rant of the Week award goes to...

Heterodon, for "Just Full of Emotions...

[quote="Heterodon wrote:
a trapped animal in a cage of my own design

Gorgeous - the Thai bps people in particular, have voted big for Het's post. And we know why.

Heterodon, a short acceptance speech is expected here, so come on in and get amongst it.

Everyone else, give me your best... and don't hold back. Swear, bitch, whine, shake your fists at the sky and vow to destroy all of the world.

But let's appreciate the moment. Heterodon has the unimaginable honour of winning the first Rant of the Week award.

Good job, mate. I hope that you get pissed off about a lot of other stuff, and tell us about it.[/quote]
---------
Bleat

Billy
BillyGoat
Site Admin

by clare_hart » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:32 pm

Yeah, that's a good one BG.

I just can't join in as yet; it's not that life is that perfect, but who can beat that metaphor?
clare_hart

by BillyGoat » Mon May 02, 2016 12:41 pm

Got sick of waiting for Heterodon to come and accept the Rant of the Week Award, so I'm giving out another one.

There were three strong contenders this week:

Hal, for WHAT THE FUCK, MICROSOFT? ;

Reese, for Man people one In particular irritate me ;

and Caroline, for I never saw this topic so here goes it .

Hal had the vitriol, the spite, and the memes, but was let down by a slight touch of hubris, and a small number of replies.

Reese evoked a stunning stream-of-consciousness journey, with an interesting attention to tempo, but fucked up completely by calling me "dear", which put him instantly into last place.

Caroline, on the other hand kept it short and sweet, and just laid it out there that things were fucked. And even Hal got angry.

Rant of the Week #2 goes to Caroline.

Congratulations, Caroline, for a thoroughly earned, and much coveted, plaudit.

Feel free to post your acceptance speech here.
---------
Bleat

Billy
BillyGoat
Site Admin

by Caroline » Mon May 02, 2016 3:53 pm

I am honoured to receive this award. Ranting comes from deep within me and when it comes out, well it's like the crank of a jack in the box.
I would like to thank Mocha, my Lyme friend who kept me here, Cat for the co- creation of this site, and most especially to the Blues Cafe, my pity palace.
I am me. Voices in my head, quiet down.
Caroline

by hal » Mon May 02, 2016 4:04 pm

Congratulations, Caroline, from a sore loser! :shock:
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by BillyGoat » Wed May 04, 2016 8:42 am

Caroline, not only did you set a high standard with your rant, the graciousness of your acceptance speech was truly touching.

Thank you for being such a worthy and appreciative winner.

Everyone else... what you got..?
---------
Bleat

Billy
BillyGoat
Site Admin

by BillyGoat » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:56 am

Yes, folks, another week has passed, and so it's time to pass the trophy onwards and upwards.

I'm awarding Rant of the Week to Madelyn, for her post "Why Can't People... "

Madelyn's post is an outstanding example of the "Spew it out all at once and fuck everyone else" genre of Ranting, which is a particular favorite of mine.

I think that the only way that Madelyn's post could have been improved would be the addition of some cheek-reddening swearing, but hey, that's really a matter of personal taste

Congrats, Madelyn, for both your post and for joining the most envied and elite group at bps - Rant of the Week winners.

And, yes, an acceptance speech is expected...
---------
Bleat

Billy
BillyGoat
Site Admin

by Madelyn » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:18 pm

*blushing*
Thanks, Billy Goat. I am truly honoured to receive this award. I will be sure to put it on my resume. "Achievements: Rant of the Week Award Winner on the Bipolar Support Forum". I'm sure I would land a few interviews with that on my resume. Thankfully, during this time between the post and winning this award, one of my friendships that I thought was one-sided actually isn't. So I'm feeling pretty good today.

Madelyn's post is an outstanding example of the "Spew it out all at once and fuck everyone else" genre of Ranting, which is a particular favorite of mine.

Care to share the other genres of ranting, Billy Goat? lol
I spread my wings and learned how to fly.
Madelyn

by BillyGoat » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:42 pm

Excellent acceptance, Madelyn - humble, yet appropriately appreciative and respectful of the Award's prestige.

As for other the other genres of ranting, you guys keep posting, and I'll keep makin' em up. ;)
---------
Bleat

Billy
BillyGoat
Site Admin

by BillyGoat » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:26 am

You've all been waiting for it, and it's been exactly a week since the last one ( :roll: ) so here it is...

The new winner of Rant of the Week is...

Going to be announced after this short apology.

HVAC, in his usual, inimitable style, ripped up this forum with his "letter" but unfortunately suffered from my lackadaisical approach to my forum duties here.

So despite posting one of the best rants ever seen on the current boards, he's missed out on official recognition because I'm a lazy and capricious wanker.

If anyone's wondering, the all-time best rant ever was submitted by former Admin and all-round, nice (but sometimes nasty) babe Cat, and she will most never be topped, but there's the challenge peeps.

This week :roll: our new ranter to which everyone else should aspire is...

farfromnormal, for the sprawling, yet emotion-laden post "Tired"

Probably because of the scant attention to general standards of paragraphing and punctuation, and also because of a willingness to let everything the fuck out in one go, ffn was a natural standout, and set the ranting bar at a level to which everyone else should be trying to emulate.

Congrats ffn. Another worthy winner.
---------
Bleat

Billy
BillyGoat
Site Admin

by clare_hart » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:14 pm

Uh, yeah that was hard to read, "forever more!" But I'm so used to Brits on the Fibro Forum, that I could actually read it, albeit slowly and carefully! So far from normal, my Congrats! :mrgreen:

But in the spirit of fair play, I want to offer my congrats to HVAC, since his rant was pretty damn notable . . . :lol:

Stop fallin' down on the job Aussie. We know you're all upside down over there . . .But, seriously, a "lackadaisical approach to my forum duties here." Just don't let it happen again or I'll call up all my dead relatives and friends to descend on you and give you the most outrageous rant ever! Hauntings can be really cool. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
clare_hart

by farfromnormal » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:05 pm

First I would like to say thank you to everyone on this board and the people who reply to my posts, it's nice to know that I am not alone in this. Next I would like to apologize for my writing style, it was pretty much just word vomit.

I can write and usually follow grammar and punctuation like a normal person. This post wasn't just word vomit it was part of a hypomanic episode so that's part of the craziness.

And lastly I would like to thank the dumb-asses that my posts are about. Thank you for inspiring my rant, it is your complete lack of care and consideration for other people that truly inspired me to post.So thank you and you can go eff yourselves. ;) But sincerely thank you everyone on this board for having my back.
"Cause some days I think I'm dying but I'm really only trying to get through for just another day.."- Next to Normal
farfromnormal

by clare_hart » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:45 am

farfromnormal wrote:Thank you for inspiring my rant, it is your complete lack of care and consideration for other people that truly inspired me to post.So thank you and you can go eff yourselves. ;) But sincerely thank you everyone on this board for having my back.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
clare_hart

by BillyGoat » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:28 am

Don't care what Mocha says, this is early...

Only once before in the... maybe seven or eight year history of The Rant of the Week Award has someone ever won consecutive titles. Despite my worthiness, you can imagine the shit I got after bestowing that honour upon myself... :roll:

Well, this... er... week, we came very close to bps ranting history being reforged without the impurities of brazen self-promotion, with ffn's latest foray:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1447

But, then I realised that this would just crack against my own shallow veneer of undeserved self-affirmation, so I canned it completely.

New winner is SteveW for this one:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1478

SteveW's been threatening to let loose a truly majestic rant for a while now, and I know that he has it in him, but I think that this one was more a tentative step than a full on brainfuck-dump. Still, small steps travel long paths...

Besides, how can anyone not read the line:

SteveW wrote:Two things I can't stand is lying to me and being fucked for money... Lying to me while fucking me over money wise is a whole different animal.

without imaging Clint Eastwood's knee on our chest, a face full of cheap cigar smoke, and a pistol barrel shoved up our left nostril..?

Poetry, Steve.

Congratulations, and thank you.
---------
Bleat

Billy
BillyGoat
Site Admin

by SteveW » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:36 am

HAHA BIlly, While I accept the rant of the week with honor, I am still pissed and wish I never had the experience happen to have to write it.

~Still Stewing Steve
When I go fishing, it is not really fish that I am after. It is a philosophic meditation.

Don't give up, don't EVER give up
SteveW

Location: Deep inside my Brain w/my thoughts, Fishing, or staring at my monitor, N. FL

by BillyGoat » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:52 am

SteveW wrote:HAHA BIlly, While I accept the rant of the week with honor, I am still pissed and wish I never had the experience happen to have to write it.

~Still Stewing Steve

And that right there, folks, is how you do it.

Anyone who's too fucked off to even attempt a half-decent acceptance speech is obviously a most worthy winner of this jealously coveted award. And I'm a little surprised that that's taken so long to catch on...

Bring it on peeps. Get angry...
---------
Bleat

Billy
BillyGoat
Site Admin

by Mocha » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:53 am

Rant of the Week Award

Here ya go, Shawn.....maybe the thread will help explain......... :) .
Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by Spm24 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:26 am

I forgot about this one.... :) Mocha
I was messing around.... weird sense of humor when I get manic ;)
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Polrus » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:11 am

Aww fuck. I thought Billy was back. I got excited. Shit.
Stars, hide your fires; Let not light see my black and deep desires.

Macbeth
Polrus

by BillyGoat » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:38 am

Alright shitheads, now I am back, and, to be frank, I'm embarrassed about what's been going on in this forum. And if anyone wants to correct my spelling you can fuck off.

I'm reading whines, whinges and complaints, but no fucken rants.

AG gets a possibly flimsy pass mark for her "Need to vent" post - excellent use of repetition there - and there have been a few other threads that started with the fury that used to be required in this forum (Toadette and MsSupial - honourable mentions to you), but what is going on with the responses here?

Sympathy..? Attempts to help / fix things..?

For fuck's sake people, this is supposed to be a forum to let rip on the bastard world we have to live in with our bastard fucked up heads that's populated by a bunch of bastard normies who have no idea what it's like to not be like them.

I acknowledge that I dropped the ball by getting banged up in a psych ward for a few months, but shit, ladies and gentlemen, is this your idea of continuing to fly the ranting flag..?

Rant of the Last Six Months Award goes to MsSupial.

Good use of language, and I got a sense of anger from her most recent post. That's what I wanna see here people.

MsSupial, thankyou for if not flying the ranting flag whilst I've been away, at least spitting on it and kicking it into the mud.

Everyone else, step up to the plate.

This is not a place for problem solving, this is a place for mooning the world with your haemmorrhoids hanging out and bleeding all over the tiles.

And again, don't correct my spelling.

C'mon people, are you all that represed..?

Show me your fury, your contempt, your scathing judgement on the wankerness of the world.

I know you're feeling it... so come tell me about it.

And when the rest of you reply to what's posted, don't be fucking sympathetic... share in the rage. Validate the anger.

Let it all the fuck out without fear, favour or fright.

This is the Rant Forum, so give me the best of your pissed-offness,, and also tell me to fuck off for calling you all lame.

Bring it on peeps...

Shock me....
---------
Bleat

Billy
BillyGoat
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:12 pm

I'm honoured by the honorable mention, but maybe you can work out that anger with your tdoc? It's not healthy to hold it in like that and vent on us.

1-1.
:twisted:
Genetically evolved chicken at your service &
Shawn's part-time mind disrupter

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by BillyGoat » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:22 pm

I ripped the throat out of my last tdoc's neck with my teeth.

Psych wards are a bitch.

You, AG, have an encouragingly entertaining ability for ranting. I hope you develop it fully. Who knows how much happier you could become..?

:P :P
---------
Bleat

Billy
BillyGoat
Site Admin

by MsSupial » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:57 pm

So, this prize is like totally the best ever, b/cz I think it can further my career. Like, maybe as a preschool teacher, or caring for the elderly. I dunno, I'm unemployed (SURPRISE!!!!)but when I get a job I bet this prize will be why they hire me.
Another idea is that you could send me an actual live animal? Which is a really great prize. Its really hard to get them here in NorCal. Even possums, and they live here (supposedly, but Iv only seen roadkill). Think it over. No pressure. I like marsupials best. Remember the airholes, I do not yet know taxidermy. But if I ever want to go to taxidermy school, i betcha its this "crazy mad funny weird bitch" prize that gets me in the door.
MsSupial

by Pancake » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:04 am

Another idea is that you could send me an actual live animal?

I have just the thing.

https://australianmuseum.net.au/drop-bear
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by Mocha » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:52 pm

MsSupial wrote:So, this prize is like totally the best ever, b/cz I think it can further my career. Like, maybe as a preschool teacher, or caring for the elderly. I dunno, I'm unemployed (SURPRISE!!!!)but when I get a job I bet this prize will be why they hire me.
Another idea is that you could send me an actual live animal? Which is a really great prize. Its really hard to get them here in NorCal. Even possums, and they live here (supposedly, but Iv only seen roadkill). Think it over. No pressure. I like marsupials best. Remember the airholes, I do not yet know taxidermy. But if I ever want to go to taxidermy school, i betcha its this "crazy mad funny weird bitch" prize that gets me in the door.

:lol: :lol:
Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

Next

Return to Rant & Vent to Your Heart's Content!