Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Annoyed with husband

Are you on that last little nerve? Need to get something off your chest?

Here's the place to do it. Vent away!

by Jemane » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:51 pm

Sorry, just need to vent.
I’m away with the kids plus an extra kid and husband is back in town working this week. My car broke down and I had to call someone to come and ‘fix’ it which they claimed to do but every time I try to start it it sounds like it will conk out again.
I’m afraid every time I try to start the car that it’s not going to work and that I’m going to get stuck. An hour and a half away from every person with a car I know.
My husband just told me on the phone I wasn’t being flexible enough and that this is just life and that I’m too rigid with my plans anyway.
I’m so mad. I think being in the bush with 4 children and an unreliable car is just plain stressful and my stress is not unreasonsble. Rant over.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by AvantGarde » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:11 am

Hopefully the car doesn't break down for good soon, but will he be the one to get you if it does? That would show him :lol:

I don't know, when something similar happens to me I tend to catastrophize the situation and only think of the worse things possible when in fact it isn't that bad and the chances of something trully bad happening are so minimal that they're only valid in my head. Maybe that's what he means?

That's why I don't want to get married, having someone tell me I'm wrong :roll: :lol: Just kidding, I'm wrong all the time.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Mocha » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:18 am

Jemane wrote:My husband just told me on the phone I wasn’t being flexible enough and that this is just life and that I’m too rigid with my plans anyway.
I’m so mad. I think being in the bush with 4 children and an unreliable car is just plain stressful and my stress is not unreasonsble.

Jemane, I with you on this. It is stressful and not unreasonable Imo. I know how great your husband is, but he's not stuck with with four kids and a car that won't work. I swear....men...... :evil: I don't think it has anything to do with you being too rigid. What if there's an emergency, etc.

I don't blame you for being pissed. And it sounds as though the shade tree mechanic has no idea what the fuck he's doing.......Is there another mechanic you can use?

I have no doubt you can figure this out by yourself. You're strong.......who needs a man anyway....... :twisted:

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by Pancake » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:23 am

My husband just told me on the phone I wasn’t being flexible enough and that this is just life and that I’m too rigid with my plans anyway.

Hello me.
+ Panic when things go wrong :s

RACV? Last time mine broke down, they provided a car while it was being fixed. (More dodgy-ass fixers, too :evil:). Something to do with distance from home.

Fyi, you rocked it dealing with the breakdown in the first place.
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

Return to Rant & Vent to Your Heart's Content!