Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Christmas lights

Are you on that last little nerve? Need to get something off your chest?

Here's the place to do it. Vent away!

by hal » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:45 am

. . . on a tree are okay but I hate putting them on my tall bushes. And I wouldn't, except my wife makes me. They get all tangled, half the time the bulbs are defective, it's cold out, and taking them down and storing them is almost as bad. And my balance problems make the whole business dangerous. **

I don't particularity enjoy seeing the lights around town during the holidays. I don't like the commercial side of Christmas. I hate shopping and don't particularly want presents. Christmas carols don't move me. I appreciate the religious side, but we Catholics celebrate the two weeks after Christmas. The four weeks of Advent before are a quiet time.

** The balance problem has gotten worse over the last several months. I see a neurologist on Dec. 19. Also, talking with an acquaintance today, I found he has the same problem, exact same symptoms. Since the symptoms are intermittent, I had been worried that it might not happen in front of the neuro, but it is easy to describe and maybe it's common. Hope there's a fix. Fortunately, I'm strong and can catch myself, so I haven't fallen (yet).
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Spm24 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:08 am

I can understand not wanting to put lights up on bushes and such. I did it for years till I pulled the bushes out. There are years that I have to decorate and look at lights other years I want to.

Not religious so that aspect does nothing either way for me. It is just a day to celebrate family.

Hope they can give you some options to handle your balance issues. Can be worry some fir you dealing with that happening at random times .
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Mocha » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:09 am

hal wrote:* The balance problem has gotten worse over the last several months. I see a neurologist on Dec. 19. Also, talking with an acquaintance today, I found he has the same problem, exact same symptoms. Since the symptoms are intermittent, I had been worried that it might not happen in front of the neuro, but it is easy to describe and maybe it's common. Hope there's a fix. Fortunately, I'm strong and can catch myself, so I haven't fallen (yet).

hal, is there someone who could help you with the outside lights? Seems it would be kinda dangerous with your balance issues. Maybe you could talk to your wife/daughter and tell them you're afraid to get up there by yourself?

Cool on the neuro, but I wouldn't worry about having them 'in front' of him/her. And don't forget the times you have fallen......we've seen the pictures....... ;)

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:26 am

I agree with Mocha. Don't be stubborn to ask for help if you need to. I wouldn't help you because I'm terrified of heights, but would kick some ass to get you help.

When you're at the neuro, maybe ask for balance exercises. My grandpa did those and were very helpful. There are a bunch of balance disorders, so I'm not going to speculate, but balance exercises are great. There should be some on Youtube.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by hal » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:20 am

AvantGarde wrote:When you're at the neuro, maybe ask for balance exercises.
Actually (because balance has been a problem quite some time, though recently worse) I do balance exercises every day. All these include moving head every which way: feet together, same thing with eyes closed; standing on one leg; one foot ahead of the other; same, moving ahead; walk backwards; march forward (legs high). Learned all three at PT; been there 2-3 times.

With all the practice I'm very good at it, but it doesn't seem to help the unexpected little losses of balance.

This year will be the last I put the lights on the bushes. :evil:
-- Tennyson
hal

by AvantGarde » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:26 am

Oh crap, sorry they're not helpful. Hopefully the new doc will be able to help.

Put the lights on the lawn, spell out "Freaks!"
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Pancake » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:17 pm

Put the lights on the lawn, spell out "Freaks!"

:lol:

I want to clean the gutters, but getting up the ladder scares me :/ it's bad enough on the stepladder to bring down the firewood.

Hal if she wants it done so bad, why can't she do it herself?

Good luck with the neuro. I hope they work something out for you.
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by hal » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:48 pm

Pancake wrote:Hal if she wants it done so bad, why can't she do it herself?
She's going to go up the ladder to prune the tops of the bushes, which are woefully overgrown.
-- Tennyson
hal

by ophelia12 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:26 am

I love dchristmas lights

in our street, their is a house that always has them up by like the middle of october

their are so many colors.. it is beautiful

I used to have a lovely set of lights that played silent night

but now I just have regular ones
ophelia12

Return to Rant & Vent to Your Heart's Content!