Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Bill O'Reilly & FOX News [TW]

Are you on that last little nerve? Need to get something off your chest?

Here's the place to do it. Vent away!

by cln1812 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:43 am

I've always thought FOX News sucks (fair & balanced, what a joke!), but re-hiring Bill O'Reilly is just a new low. It's like sexual harassment of women is no big deal, just pay some money and sweep it under the rug, and oh yeah, give the guy a raise while you're at it. Having been victim to this twice, I can state that the emotional trauma of sexual harassment is devastating to a woman. I've spent years in therapy because of it, and it's caused me no shortage of mental distress. The one time I reported sexual harassment (and it wasn't a minor thing) during a massage, the police didn't even believe me and dropped the whole thing. It makes a woman feel ashamed and dirty, like it is your fault, and it's no wonder it goes under-reported, especially when women are not even always believed when they report it. Childhood sexual harassment led me to an eating disorder (in fact, most eating disorders are caused by sexual harassment during childhood and are the most deadly mental illness) and probably was the trigger for bipolar disorder (though I do believe I was genetically pre-disposed for this) and panic disorder. I've had to work so hard to overcome all of this, and I can say the effects have had a huge impact on my life. It has been the biggest battle I've ever fought.

This happens to roughly 1 in 4 women in their lifetimes, at various levels, and it is such a silent epidemic.

Shame on you, FOX News!
The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.

~ Unknown
cln1812

by Mocha » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:12 am

I read this in the NY Times yesterday when Emily Steel and Michael Schmidt broke the story.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/21/busi ... sment.html

Fortunately that new contract of his didn't last very long, the nasty bastard. They only wanted to keep him on for financial reasons to begin with. Too many of the past settlements were getting out. And Fox was losing sponsors big time between O'Reilly and Roger Ailes, and the Feds were getting involved.

And with the Harvey Winestein mess breaking this past week.....that's being going on for years.....not to mention the 'regular' non-famous folks we don't even know about.

I'm sorry you had to deal with all that, cln. I really am. Fortunately I never have. I worked with men all my life and had no problem standing up to them.....telling them to just fuck off, or threaten to fuck them up in more ways than one. And did. Physically if it came to it.

I realize for everyone it's not that easy. But we have to learn to be fierce and strong and teach our daughters/granddaughters/nieces the same thing.

Cause hear this dudes..........we're here to stay and times have changed.....you don't have all the power anymore.......

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by bethridge » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:28 am

It's crazy all the new allegations floating around now. Kevin Spacey? And now this thing about Adam Sandler putting his hand on some woman's knee. The suspicious side of me wants to not believe any of these new things because it seems just too convenient with all the Weinstein business. However, maybe people are finally getting the courage to speak up, which is never a bad thing.
"Only in the process of fixing myself, did I know who I really was." - Sade Andria Zabala

"Far too often people seek mental health treatment from individuals without even knowing their credentials. If you found out you had cancer, you
wouldn’t just listen to anybody for help—you would consult a medical doctor." - Robert A. Moran of https://FCFRmd.com
bethridge

by Mocha » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:26 pm

I hear ya, bethridge....and welcome........ :)

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by hal » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:54 pm

Welcome, bethridge!

There are quite a few pieces out ow about how men should be more understanding and responsive and supportive of women on this issue. They have a point.
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

Return to Rant & Vent to Your Heart's Content!