Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Can we get things on the same page....

Are you on that last little nerve? Need to get something off your chest?

Here's the place to do it. Vent away!

by Spm24 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:31 am

The hospital called for my wife a few hours ago. I called her and let her know they called. She just called me back and said that she just got off the phone with the insurance company after an hour and a half.

The hospital was going to send a bill to collections. She had a hysterectomy two years ago. The hospital billed it under the wrong code. What they billed it as was not covered under insurance.

So low and behold the call from the hospital was to inform us that it was going to collections without ever having sent us a bill for it. After the fact that they had billed it under the wrong code. Shouldn't there be a set of checks and balances that prevent this from happening. To prevent mistakes like this from happening..

Its still not done the insurance company is going to call her in an hour and a half to work out all the details that way this all will be taken care of...

A major headache because of a mistake by the hospital....
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Spm24 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:00 am

The insurance has agreed to cover it plus pay for all the interest incurred. So that's is all worked out and taken care of...
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by AvantGarde » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:03 am

I'm glad things resolved themselves :)

Sorry I didn't reply, I meant to, but then I fell asleep.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Spm24 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:23 am

No worries.. I understand all about falling asleep at the wheel :evil:

Just glad it all got cleared up...
Spm24

by Mocha » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:01 am

asshats........ :evil:

glad to hear you and Tracy got it all straightened out, Shawn. This type of thing is def not my forte......I tend to go off on their being an idiot.....:roll:....good thing you had Tracy.........

I would have asked them if they were on crack...... :lol:

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by Spm24 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:11 am

Yes good thing that Tracy has the patience to deal with all of that. She was on the phone for a total of two hours.. granted some of that was on hold but still..

I would either have been yelling at them or crying...
Spm24

by AvantGarde » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:38 am

Or yell and cry at the same time :D

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Spm24 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:47 am

Done that before.. not a pretty sight...
Spm24

by AvantGarde » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:48 am

Such messes we are :roll: :lol: Gotta laugh though, otherwise we get too gloomy about it

AvantGarde

by Spm24 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:55 am

Very true.. we are a unique mess..
Spm24

by hal » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:54 am

Spm24 wrote:Very true.. we are a unique mess..
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You must have thought (as I would have) that even though you were in the right, you might not get justice, or at least you would have to go through a lot of sh*t.

Glad it turned out okay. Surprised the insurance agreed to pay the interest. Wasn't it the hospital's fault?
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Pancake » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:07 pm

What a nightmare, that must be a big relief.

Surprised the insurance agreed to pay the interest. Wasn't it the hospital's fault?

What Hal said.

Haha it's funny. You're sorted out Shawn, but we still want everything else to be *right*.
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by Spm24 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:13 pm

It was sort of both their fault.. it turns out the hospital had found their mistake and resubmitted it but the insurance company admitted they just denied it without looking at it because it was from the date of the surgery. Not sure of all the details of it all....second hand info :lol:

Very true, wanting everything to be sorted out right. Thankfully Tracy is persistent.....
Spm24

Return to Rant & Vent to Your Heart's Content!