Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Complaining-Wondering what the heck

Are you on that last little nerve? Need to get something off your chest?

Here's the place to do it. Vent away!

by 50calty » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:30 am

For those of you that have read my other posts I like my new tdoc and I was more upfront with my pdoc. I have a little bit of confusion on my diagnoses. Tdoc says Bipolar II and Pdoc says Bipolar 1. As of right now I'm really not concerned about which one. Same thing just one with "less" highs. I HATE our meds, they ALL make me so tired and no motivation. Can't take antidepressants, I'll go insane. So this tired thing sucks; it affects work, my kids, personal life, and school work. My tdoc made me do MoodTracker.com so we can see my moods. In the past week I'm seeing a decline. I also think was is frustrating for me is there is no one close by to talk to that knows exactly what I'm going through. I'd be all alone if it wasn't for you guys and gals. Also for reason I am feeling guilty in take days off for work for appointments or days like this to work on my issues. Past two days I've threatened to stop meds and docs. I know that's not the answer. I feel like I am a chicken running around with my head cut off. I have no clue what to do. Also when things where ok I started to notice all my projects halted finished. Feeling overwhelmed knowing I need to finish them. I'm just all over the place right now. Sorry for the rant.
Surv;vor ~ My Story Isn't Over Yet
50calty

by AvantGarde » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:36 am

Rant all you like :) I moved this thread to Rants, just because I'm a bit obsessive about stuff being in order, nothing because of you lol

It's natural to want to quit it all, I've been there. I think it has more to do with the need to feel normal and fit in than anything else. What do you think?

Honestly, I never did want to fit in, so I think I can take it better. I have mixed feelings about meds, mostly because of side effects, so I understand. But they do make us sane, and I'm very grateful for that. I like sane me.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by pmh87 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:33 pm

50calty wrote:For those of you that have read my other posts I like my new tdoc and I was more upfront with my pdoc. I have a little bit of confusion on my diagnoses. Tdoc says Bipolar II and Pdoc says Bipolar 1. As of right now I'm really not concerned about which one. Same thing just one with "less" highs. I HATE our meds, they ALL make me so tired and no motivation. Can't take antidepressants, I'll go insane. So this tired thing sucks; it affects work, my kids, personal life, and school work. My tdoc made me do MoodTracker.com so we can see my moods. In the past week I'm seeing a decline. I also think was is frustrating for me is there is no one close by to talk to that knows exactly what I'm going through. I'd be all alone if it wasn't for you guys and gals. Also for reason I am feeling guilty in take days off for work for appointments or days like this to work on my issues. Past two days I've threatened to stop meds and docs. I know that's not the answer. I feel like I am a chicken running around with my head cut off. I have no clue what to do. Also when things where ok I started to notice all my projects halted finished. Feeling overwhelmed knowing I need to finish them. I'm just all over the place right now. Sorry for the rant.

You can hardly call them the same thing. You don't get psychotic in BP2. This is somewhat of a personal gripe with me seeing how my psychotic episode caused me to lose everything I had & live in virtual isolation due to stigma.

That said. Reading the Bible helps me. Puts stuff into perspective. I don't know if you're a person of faith but it helps me.

Wish you well.

EDIT: you can have psychotic depression with BP2. As a guy who has experienced both, I can't say I'd prefer either one over the other, though.
pmh87

by Animalover » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:17 am

I am a person of faith as well. I may not read the bible as much as I'm suppose to...but..you can always write down on paper, your words of encouragement. Being from the bible or not. Write it down on paper and thumbtack it to your wall. Whenever you are feeling alone or feel like you're going crazy, look at the words of encouragement on your wall. It'll help.
Without struggle, there is no strength.
Animalover

by MochaAdmin » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:24 am

50calty wrote: I have a little bit of confusion on my diagnoses. Tdoc says Bipolar II and Pdoc says Bipolar 1. As of right now I'm really not concerned about which one. .

It's good that you're not really concerned about which is which. For many of us the label just don't matter. It's just a label, and I'm not much into labels......

As long as they treat the symptoms. And many times the label is just for insurance purposes.

And about being a person of faith or religion, whatever.....for Animalover and pmh.......we can appreciate your feelings.....hey, whatever gets you through the night.

But we try to stay away from those types of discussions on this board. If you guys would like to pm each other and discuss it further you would be more than welcome to, but we would prefer you keep it off the main board.

It's too big a trigger for many of our members from past experiences. That's exactly why we don't have a spiritual forum any longer.

Thanks.......I hope we understand each other........... :)

*As you were, 50*........ ;)

Not a Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
MochaAdmin
Site Admin

by pmh87 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:39 pm

No, you don't appreciate my feelings. It's fairly obvious by the "whatever" & "whatever gets you through the night"...don't beat around the bush. It's spaghetti monster talk for you.

I never intended to start a conversation or debate about it. So I won't be pming anybody I merely brought up that faith works for me.

No religious discussion. Just a mention.
pmh87

by AvantGarde » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:06 am

pmh87 wrote: merely brought up that faith works for me.

Since it bears an explanation...
We have members that suffered from religious abuse, others that have had their psychosis centered around spirituality and find it triggering, and a myriad of other just your run of the mill respect-that-you're-on-a-mental-health-forum reasons for you to be careful of what you bring up.

Thank you.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

AvantGarde
Site Admin

Return to Rant & Vent to Your Heart's Content!