Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Insomnia

Are you on that last little nerve? Need to get something off your chest?

Here's the place to do it. Vent away!

by Blake's Poisontree » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:18 pm

Going on a couple of months now, I struggle to fall asleep and stay asleep. Been taking Seroqual for the last couple of years but now I'm afraid my body's gotten used to it. I fall asleep after about 30 to 60 minutes, then wake up 3 hours later. From there on it's bits and pieces. Almost sure it contributed to the recent partial relapse.

Tried Melotonin but after 4 weeks I felt no different, Resperidone, couple antihestmines, and still nothing! Bloody hell, I'm so tired already. Might give Zopiclone another go, any suggestions?
I don't have a God complex, God is not this complex.
Blake's Poisontree

by Jemane » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:26 pm

My pdoc recently recommended Belsomra to me. It's apparently not addictive like benzos and works really well. I've tried it for 2 nights and it seems to be good for me. I had been relying on zyprexa but I've been trying to keep the dose down to avoid more weight gain.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by hal » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:40 pm

I'm troubled the same way, Blake. My pdoc believes (and so do I) that good sleep is essential for those of us with BP. A few years ago we had a very effective combination:

I can't use it now because Ativan is associated with falls and that's bad-bad for people over 70. So I'm on melatonin, which isn't much help.
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by AvantGarde » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:29 pm

I also rely on benzos when I can't sleep, but it's seldom, not a long term thing. Since I don't have tolerance to it a quarter (2.5 mg) is enough to put me to sleep.

I also have zyprexa, but I think the validity has expired. I've used it in the past, mostly because of horrible nightmares. Honestly, I think the groginess and weight gain are not worth it. :?

Good luck, and sorry you can't sleep.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service &
Shawn's part-time mind disrupter

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Blake's Poisontree » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:54 pm

Thanks guys, I will ask about those options and see what cocktail we can put together. Gonna be trial and error I think.
I don't have a God complex, God is not this complex.
Blake's Poisontree

by hal » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:32 pm

Blake's Poisontree wrote:Thanks guys, I will ask about those options and see what cocktail we can put together. Gonna be trial and error I think.
Yup. It always is. But there is hope. :|
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

Return to Rant & Vent to Your Heart's Content!