Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

I have a confession to make

What are you listening to today?

by AvantGarde » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:08 am

I'm into electronic music a lot. I know, I'm young and should have better judgement but damn, some minimal techno in the morning feels great.

That doesn't mean I don't have a good taste in music regardless, but yeah :?

I feel dirty.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service &
Shawn's part-time mind disrupter

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Jemane » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:34 am

:lol: :lol:
Just imagining you dancing to electronic music in the mornings.
When my mood is good I listen to hip hop :D
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by Jemane » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:35 am

Best laugh I've had all day by the way.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by AvantGarde » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:37 am

:lol: Yeah, now I'm listening to deep house :roll: I have phases though, sometimes I can't even listen to music with lyrics, they all annoy me, so I listen to classical or jazz.

Also love hip hop :D

There are two kinds of music I detest trully... Reaggaton and portuguese popular pop... they're god awful.

Glad to make you laugh :lol:

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Jemane » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:41 am

Endured the speech night, on my way home now.
I love anything with a funky beat or with a lot of emotion like classical music especially classical music from movies.
I have to say I have a soft spot for euro pop and Eurovision though :oops:
Jemane

by AvantGarde » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:45 am

The only time I watched Eurovision was this last one :lol: But the song that won wasn't pop, I'm glad he won. The guy is crazy though, doesn't like the spotlight either. Said in a concert "You guys love everything I do, that's nuts! Would you cheer a fart right now?" Lol I laugh, I have a crush on the guy, he goes against the norm :lol:

Not all songs were awful this year in eurovision, I liked the belgian one.

Glad you endured speech night :)

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Spm24 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:17 am

When I am driving my truck is tuned into techo music. It plays most variations of it..I don't feel dirty :lol:
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by AvantGarde » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:29 am

I can just picture you banging your head and waving your arms pretending you're in a rave :lol:

I was keeding about the dirty part. I've been a trance girl since my teens, recent tastes moved to deep house and minimal techno.

Lots of parties and raves :shock:

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Spm24 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:40 am

Well I do that in my mind... :lol: never went to a rave. Always wanted to when I was younger.... I listen to the big shows that they brodcast when I catch them... I need to get up to date on all the types of the ho are out there.

I listened when I was eighteen and nineteen. Just got back into it three years ago. Listened to it randomly from time to time.
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by AvantGarde » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:46 am

They're cool, I got tired of it though. They changed a lot, unless the artists or djs are good then they really suck. I used to go to free raves up in the mountains, on small secluded areas, those were the best.

I never did like mainstream raves, too crowded, too many teens, too many passed out junkies. Really degrading.

Went to a cool festival we got here on my 26th birthday that was pretty cool, but I was so jacked up on acid and mdma that I hardly remember anything. People sang me happy birthday and I danced a lot lol...

Just realized I'm admin now, shoudn't be telling these stories.

Moral of this: I did get off drugs and let go of parties after that, I was so crazy that I had to be hospitalized, and then trully never thought of them again. Don't think back on it much, it was cool when it was but wouldn't repeat it.

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Spm24 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:57 am

You should tell all the stories you want. They are experiences that help member's relate to you. Shows that your human and have had previous bouts of transgressions. Just as most of us have.

Usually small intimate concerts or such are the best.. getting to enjoy it with a few people makes it feel like they are connecting more with us....
Spm24

by AvantGarde » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:38 am

:lol: Yeah, I always liked small concerts. When I was younger I didn't mind the crowded ones. Nowadays can't even fanthom being in one

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Spm24 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:15 am

Big concerts are to much for me to even think about.. to much anxiety
Spm24

by AvantGarde » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:19 am

Imagine a massive rave :o :mrgreen:

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Spm24 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:23 am

Yeah I would be curled up in a ball getting trampled... :cry:
Spm24

by Soldrae » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:58 pm

A little VNV does the soul good!
Soldrae

by Jemane » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:31 pm

Another thing I missed out on cause of being in a cult- raves! Never been to one. Maybe I'll go when I'm manic, I'd be able to dance all night!
Jemane

by hal » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:53 pm

Jemane wrote:Another thing I missed out on cause of being in a cult- raves! Never been to one. Maybe I'll go when I'm manic, I'd be able to dance all night!
No! Your head would explode for sure! :lol:
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by AvantGarde » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:47 pm

:lol:

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by MochaAdmin » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:48 pm

AvantGarde wrote:Just realized I'm admin now, shoudn't be telling these stories.

Don't be ridiculous.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

What does being Admin have to do with it....... :lol:

Tell us more!

Now about techno......omg.....:roll:
My older son and I were roomies for a while........I was constantly screaming at him:

"TURN THAT SHIT DOWN!"........... :lol:

Not a Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
MochaAdmin
Site Admin

by Stuckles » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:55 pm

lol, hey music is music ... if it's done right :lol:

Well executed Dub-step/Techno is still ok by me but I'm not too fond of DJ's/Mixing though as it seems that most every kid on the block had FL studio or some ore another mixing software at one stage and they flooded my favorite radio station with it :cry:

Don't get me wrong, DJ's/Mixing has it's own place in the sun and I'm all for building one's talent, just not on main-stream radio stations :lol:

Erm, am I raving right now :oops: Sorry, just can't help it :lol: ( Pardon the pun :P )
Stuckles

by MochaAdmin » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:01 pm

Stuckles wrote:
Erm, am I raving right now :oops: Sorry, just can't help it :lol: ( Pardon the pun :P )

:lol: :lol:

Not a Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
MochaAdmin
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:37 pm

:lol: Stuckles :lol: Good pun.

I'm really addicted to french melodic techno lately (N'to, Worakls, basically all artists from Hungry Music label). My neighbours must be sick of it, but I had to endure their Jon Bon Jovi phase so... yeah. :lol:

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by hal » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:59 am

Duke Ellington said, "If it sounds good it IS good." But he also said "It Don't Mean a Thing if It Ain't Got That Swing." :D I go in for classical myself, especially Mozart.
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by AvantGarde » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:02 am

:lol: Hal

AvantGarde
Site Admin

Next