Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

What's your thing?

What are you listening to today?

by Sovereign » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:22 pm

Like the topic - what's your thing? I mean on the whole. No matter what mood or state you're in. What kind of music do you like and love? Tell me all of it! I originate from classic rock to early heavy metal, then nearned to appreciate everything from extreme metal, particularly black metal and grindcore, to classical music, cyber gothic, pop music, andrea bocelli and soundtracks. Right now I'm very into Dutch hardcore (Angerfist). :| Anyway, pretty much everything except rap - that's a big no for me, even though I'm still semi-open to it. Ice-cube - Today was a good day I still kinda like :P

How about ya'll? :) Do post links for me :)

https://youtu.be/ESEBnpRBg8g?t=51s
Sovereign

by cottontail » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:08 pm

cottontail

by Sovereign » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:12 am

Cool, I'm seeing some locations in those clips that I've been to in Norway :P
Sovereign

by Jemane » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:30 am

When my mood is low I like Coldplay and Ed shearan, when I'm high I like Macklemore and Ryan Lewis especially downtown which I play over and over.
And when I'm stable... well lately I'm never stable so I don't know.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by AvantGarde » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:33 am

I spent hours thinking of an answer to this question.

I don't have a thing. Maybe my thing is to like all kinds of music, I'm not stuck to one specific gender, I like most of them.

Lately I'm into accoustic hiphop, rnb, soul.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes
AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Spm24 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:27 am

My thing goes all over. It goes from classical to death metal. Stops at light rock, country music, hip-hop, rap. When I am down it is techno(I know there are other names for it now but all various varieties will be techno) the bass that flows through my body soothes me. I listen to it most of the time I am driving. So I listen to everything at one point or another...
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Lulu25 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:15 pm

I'm a total country music junkie. Going to a Chris Stapleton concert June 1st and I'm super excited about it!! Other then that I listen to Metal too. Some rap too, but I have to be more up for that.
She is a soldier in the war against herself...
Lulu25

by Steponme » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:49 pm

I'm classically trained in the piano. I started playing when I was 9 and it has been a constant in my life. I've been fortunate enough to earn a full-ride scholarship when I auditioned last year. I was a freshman last semester, but I had to go on medical leave because of BP1 stuff. BUT THEY LET ME DEFER MY SCHOLARSHIP SO I GET TO KEEP IT! Can't wait to go back this Fall to start out the Piano Performance&Pedagogy Music program.
Don't let your rubber ducky convince you that the world is an illusion after spilling pickle juice in you car while speeding down the highway trying to catch up to a pack of cows.
Steponme

by Sovereign » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:09 pm

Steponme wrote:I'm classically trained in the piano. I started playing when I was 9 and it has been a constant in my life. I've been fortunate enough to earn a full-ride scholarship when I auditioned last year. I was a freshman last semester, but I had to go on medical leave because of BP1 stuff. BUT THEY LET ME DEFER MY SCHOLARSHIP SO I GET TO KEEP IT! Can't wait to go back this Fall to start out the Piano Performance&Pedagogy Music program.

Nice! U sure were lucky there! Keep that one going for you! 8-)
Sovereign

by Jemane » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:42 am

Wow, that's great steponme, well done!
I played piano to 8th grade (the highest grade in Australia before AMUSA) but I've lost touch these days. Having children stopped me from keeping it up.
I love classical music especially Rachmaninov and bethoven on piano and Dvorak and smetana orchestral music.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by cottontail » Mon May 01, 2017 12:36 am

Okay I am now officially addicted to Fever Ray

Check out The Wolf and When I grow up.

Fantastic!
cottontail

by hal » Mon May 01, 2017 5:58 am

I love all classical music (except opera), especially the "classical period," especially Mozart, and especially his piano concertos and "Requiem" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPlhKP0nZII
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by FALB » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:20 pm

Music is my most powerful coping mechanism. I may not be able to go exercise, play soccer, play guitar/bass, or scuba dive RIGHT NOW, but I'm pretty certain I can get some music going within an hour of wherever I am.

So, mostly metal \m/ definitely. I started with disturbed and went further down through all the alt rock, thrash metal, doom, metal, etc. My favorite band is Sylosis.

But, I grew up with punk rock, and I had interestingly gone back to my lighter roots for a number of years recently which correlates to my peaceful years shall I say?

I'm back to metal a lot right now, in the last few months, and lots of sad lyrics. Angry lyrics. Love lost, no longer gained, lyrics

I could talk about music forever, and I'll probably be active in this forum for the foreseeable future, but my 3 most played songs right now are Help by Papa Roach (self explanatory), Let Down by Palisades (heart breaking for me), and Silence Speaks by While She Sleep (powerful breakdown).
FALB

Return to Catraoine's Music Forum