Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Let me tell you a story.

School and Bipolar Disorder? How do you do it? Please share your experiences, your victories, and even your disappointmens. We understand how hard it must be from high school to college to grad school. Hope you can share with us and find the support you need.

by savylefreak » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:04 am

School is the bane of my existence.

I have only just recently thought it as such. I used to thoroughly enjoy school. I was studious, punctual and very serious about behaving correctly and getting my work done. It was only about a year and a half ago that it all changed.

I'm currently a junior in high school (I'm a youngin', I'm aware ahah.), and I don't think I've ever had this much trouble starting off. I'm already failing 2 classes. Granted, they're college level AP courses, but nonetheless it's still disappointing. I understand for most people, junior year was the hardest. Trying to fit in as many classes as you can so you can make senior year that much more easy. But I definitely don't think it's because of the difficulty or anything. I simply can't compel myself to do my homework, to even attend all 5 days a week. I'm really in a sitch and it's just eating at my confidence. I have no one to blame besides myself.

I play trombone in band, and have for about 5 years. Marching season is very strenuous due to the fact I practice for 3 hours a day under the hot Florida sun. My schedule's pretty tight, no doubt.

Getting out of bed in the morning, for me, is like trying to run without legs. I feel completely disconnected from the world, and literally only talk to one person recreationally. I hate everything I once loved and it's debilitating. Simple tasks seem too much to tackle for me...I don't even have the motivation sometimes to leave my bed, whether that be for showering, or eating. (I don't let myself go longer than like 3 days but that's drastic for me.) I am disappointed with myself because I can't even brush my teeth without crying and hating every moment I'm awake. I don't honestly have the energy to keep on going, if you catch my drift.

Thanks for listening to my not-so-little rant, and I hope to get some replies so i know I'm not alone, or tips...

~Savannah
savylefreak

by Mocha » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:05 pm

Wow, Savannah........all I hear you saying is that you are so overwhelmed it is getting to the point you can't function anymore.......a very bad sign. Sounds like everything is crashing down around you, and evidently you have no support system.

And this is something we must make clear:

*You say you are a minor in high school, so we have to say.......What about your parents, family? Are they aware of just how bad this has gotten? Since you posted here on our Bipolar Support Board, I'm assuming that you do have BP?.......*if so do you have a pdoc.....*are you in therapy.....*take meds?

It sounds as if it's time for you to realize your priorites, and I'm not talking about school/activities.....I'm talking about your mental state and health. Everything else will be lost, if you don't take care of you. Please talk to your parents.......please see your doctor, take meds if you're not already on them...... go to therapy.....BEFORE YOU CRASH AND BURN!!!
Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by Moon_Pie » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:23 pm

Savanah,

I agree with Mocha, you should seek out help, now.

I know so much of how you feel. I am currently battling a bad bout of depression but the right meds make all the difference in the world.

This site is a great place for support and to vent when necessary. It's a very caring community of people. But you need to take some steps in your life to get your symptoms in control.

Again, I agree with Mocha, talk to your parents or even a school teacher or counselor. Find someone you can discuss this with.

Keep us posted.

MP
Moon_Pie

by Serenity » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:39 am

When I was in high school I was in denial about the problem; I was a teenager, I was supposed to be moody, right? I did have some success my senior year when I forced myself to be [painfully] optimistic. But, obviously, problems still existed. "Luckily" my social life is what suffered the most, although I did get my only low grades in AP classes. They're hard. The most common emotion for me was anger; I actually quit marching band after my junior year [baritone] because everyone else's attitude was making me so mad that I was going to lose it.

I'm [still] in college, & the last month I have had 0 concentration ability. I've forgotten a phone appointment & 2 assignments, which never happens. When the meds work, everything is fine. I definitely try to work ahead when I'm feeling nice & productive.

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling that great. I hope everything looks up soon! I always remind myself that it's temporary; idk if that works/matters for you, but I like to know that it can't last forever.
Serenity

Return to Student Forum