Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Choosing a career

School and Bipolar Disorder? How do you do it? Please share your experiences, your victories, and even your disappointmens. We understand how hard it must be from high school to college to grad school. Hope you can share with us and find the support you need.

by LoversRock » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:39 pm

Hello, how are you all?
My question here is: how did you find the right career for you? how did you choose it?
I left the university a couple years ago in (I guess) what it was a manic episode. I loved the university life but not the career. After of that, I made a lot of diverse courses and I worked of what I learnt there (none of them was of my ex-career field or specialty, lol). I´m close to my 30´s but I never lost the hope of to find one and come back to the uni.
Thanks! :)
LoversRock

by dubious66 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:31 pm

Right? Hmmm, not sure about that but I do something currently that combines some of my interests and taps into some of my skill sets (kids, puzzles, math, non-routine, juggling multiple projects, negotiating, policy making, etc.) I landed here after several redirects in my life. Never would have guessed I would be in the position I am in 20 years ago when I was 30. My liberal arts education and degree in philosophy with a concentration in natural sciences didn't exactly draw a straight line to my current career.

What kinds of things do you like to do? What courses did you like? What are you good at? What kinds of work environments work for you? How important is autonomy/collaboration to you? Where does steady and/or potential income fit within your priorities?

If you haven't already done so, there are a lot of career interest inventories out there. Explore. You have so many options. How exciting! (Or overwhelming ;). )

dub
dubious66

by LoversRock » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:17 pm

Sorry for the late reply, I am not feeling good lately.
I´ll take in consideration all the questions you made. It´s a good point to start.
Thank you so much, I hope you can see this message!
LoversRock

Return to Student Forum