Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

It can be done!

School and Bipolar Disorder? How do you do it? Please share your experiences, your victories, and even your disappointmens. We understand how hard it must be from high school to college to grad school. Hope you can share with us and find the support you need.

by siafu77 » Wed May 13, 2015 8:18 am

Hello all,

Most may not know me but I am Ant. I have been a member here for 8 years (old site plus new) and a student for most of those years. I wanted to take a moment to post in here to say that we, as people dealing with a mental disorder, can strive in an educational environment.

Use every accommodation that's available to you and do it. Sometimes learning something new will take your mind off of some of the troubles in your mind.

I am currently ending my first year at my second community college and will graduate this time next year. I'm taking Network and Security, have received two Microsoft certifications, been admitted into Kappa Beta Delta honor society, and received an award of excellence for getting dean's list as a "returning" student (ie, OLDER).

I say that to say this; don't give up hope. Try hard and ask for help.
I am The Ant
siafu77

by Mocha » Wed May 13, 2015 4:20 pm

I'm so proud of you, Ant......as the saying goes...."You've come a long way, baby"..... :) Everything you've gone through since we've known you, and look where you are now.

And you're absolutely right about using every accomodation that's available to you, and they are available to you by law through the Americans with Disabilities Act.

You've done an amazing job, and you should be proud of yourself...... :)
Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by Caroline » Wed May 13, 2015 5:42 pm

Proud of you Ant.
I am me. Voices in my head, quiet down.
Caroline

by siafu77 » Sun May 17, 2015 9:06 am

Thank you all, I have had hard moments but I will persevere as we all can. I had a massive 9 days off from school and I go back tomorrow for summer classes.

I have you all to thank for supporting me.
I am The Ant
siafu77

by clare_hart » Sat May 23, 2015 4:37 pm

That's really great ant. Too many BPs can't maintain the concentration to finish, or start all hyped up at the beginning of a semester or quarter, then find their energy and interest flagging and grades and attention dropping off. Many just tune out and drop out.

I haven't been a member very long but have seen your posts and look forward to more.

Big congrats and hugs to you!
clare_hart

Return to Student Forum