Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Ugh I had two choices and I decided to come here

School and Bipolar Disorder? How do you do it? Please share your experiences, your victories, and even your disappointmens. We understand how hard it must be from high school to college to grad school. Hope you can share with us and find the support you need.

by Zijda » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:05 am

I'm quickly accelerating into my thesis being due and like, you know, defending it, and fortunately maybe probably rising out of a depression stage aka hope I won't back slide but ahhhhhhhhh....

I need 10,000 words by the 30th (5pm the 30th in Japan, which is very early everywhere else).

Anyway. Anyone want to talk about crazy crazy deadlines and brain melting over cray cray?

I'm especially terrified because I entirely changed my topic in early March and I'm still finding my footing...
Zijda

by clare_hart » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:20 am

From what you've told us Zijda, you're an excellent and conscience student. I think you'll do fine. I used to put things off, but learned it was more pressure to do that than the pressure of waiting and worrying over it. Deadlines loom like dark clouds, don't they.

Like my goofy, but in many ways wise, late husband would say, "within every dark cloud is a darker lining." He was actually an optimist. He just loved to tease me.

Good luck! Put on your kimono and get down to it. Enjoy the sushi. I envy your experience of being there.

By the way, how is the job and the living there working out for you? Expiring minds want to know!
clare_hart

by Zijda » Wed May 06, 2015 11:06 am

Late as I am...

Successfully did the 10,000 but they were awful so a day and a half from now I face the criticism. It's for the best because I need it to be as good as possible but unghh...

I'm actually considering taking leave next semester, but I need to explain what steps need to be met to come back. Like, what hurdles prove I've gotten over my issues that I took leave for. But how do you measure that? I don't know how to deal with shit now I can't even see the road to 'okay to go back to school'. Still reading up the literature though.

If anyone is curious, a lot of literature points to the power of self-assessment. Obviously deliberate and conscientious assessment, but it's really really helpful. In case anyone worried. You're cooperation is essential.

Got through the personality section of my manic-depressive book, which is easily the worst part. but yeah that's here.
Zijda

by clare_hart » Sat May 23, 2015 4:41 pm

Hi Zijda. I haven't been around the forum lately, so busy and then so tired. Better now. So I haven't heard from you how your critique went. How'd it go, lol?

After a time of such hard work and concentration, it may be best for you to take that time off. Have you made a decision about that?
clare_hart

by siafu77 » Tue May 26, 2015 2:40 pm

Take it one point at a time, one paragraph at a time, one paragraph at a time. 10,000 words seem insurmountable but I assure you that it is not. A thesis is your own words which is better that vitreous regurgitation of pre-printed words. Sit down and write/type without stopping then have someone proof read (if you want an online proof reader send me a PM and I will be more then happy to help) it. Think of it as free writing but with a purpose.

You can do this.

(By the way this post was over 100 words)
I am The Ant
siafu77

by SamanthaLea » Wed May 27, 2015 2:41 pm

I am a college student as well and believe me I understand the stress. It helps me from time to time to just take a few days of to vent to someone who will listen, do some yoga, maybe read a good book. After that I can go back to my work with fresh eyes. If you are becoming too overwhelmed it may be a good idea to take a bit off, but don't stress about it people do it all the time. As long as you make a point to go back to it. Do you have a counselor you can speak to about your stress levels? If not, how do you feel about confiding in one?
SamanthaLea

Return to Student Forum