Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

It can be done

School and Bipolar Disorder? How do you do it? Please share your experiences, your victories, and even your disappointmens. We understand how hard it must be from high school to college to grad school. Hope you can share with us and find the support you need.

by farfromnormal » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:38 pm

So going back to school after 4 years is pretty much terrifying, having to go back full time with no income or anything is even scarier, doing all of this after several months of fighting with medications and worsening Bipolar symptoms pretty much wanted to shit my pants when I made the decision to accept the position at Pace's Master's program. Having said all of this I can officially say that 1. I made it through, I survived with some bumps in the road and the help of a great doctor and a great therapist. 2. I did it with a perfect GPA of 4.0. So folks no matter what your situation is newly diagnosed or having fought it for years DO NOT LET IT CONTROL YOU. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! I am living breathing proof that if you are truly passionate and commit yourself to it you can make huge strides and achievements. Never in a million years would I have thought I could achieve such a goal plus moving to a new gigantic city, but I can sit here tonight and say I did! So don't use Bipolar as an excuse or crutch because you are scared, don't let the diagnosis control your life. To quote my favorite books series "Your life is yours alone, rise up and live it" Don't let this damn disease keep you from achieving greatness.
"Cause some days I think I'm dying but I'm really only trying to get through for just another day.."- Next to Normal
farfromnormal

by AvantGarde » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:51 pm

:) You're absolutely right, thank you for the encouraging words.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Pancake » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:02 pm

Duuuuude. Nailed it.
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

Return to Student Forum