Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

You can do it!

School and Bipolar Disorder? How do you do it? Please share your experiences, your victories, and even your disappointmens. We understand how hard it must be from high school to college to grad school. Hope you can share with us and find the support you need.

by Lovehope » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:37 am

I graduated college in 6 years and I say that proudly. Most people would call me some sort of super super senior or whatever but I'm proud to say I made it. I have a bachelor's in psychology and I currently work in the mental health field.

College was one of the most difficult experiences of my life. I was an A and B student until I hit my junior year when I flew into my first full blown manic episode. I could barely attend classes, couldn't concentrate on studying and before I knew it I was failing every single one of my classes. I was quickly hospitalized and had to drop out of school. Everyone told me taking a break was dangerous.. that I would never go back. I was determined to give myself one semester off and then go back slowly at my own pace. I suffered a two year depression after that manic episode so I really had to take things slow. I went back one class at a time online at first and then I worked my way back up to full time semesters at main campus in the city. Before I knew it I was walking with that cap and gown with a 3.0.

I did it with a lot of support. I used the disability office and I communicated with my professors. I asked for support studying.. sometimes someone just to sit next to me when I felt I couldn't do it.

If you want it you can do it. DON'T EVER LET ANYONE TELL YOU YOU CANT!
Lovehope

by BillyGoat » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:51 am

:D
---------
Bleat

Billy
BillyGoat
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:52 am

Great post. Thank you
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes
AvantGarde
Site Admin

by SteveW » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:05 am

Congrats to you and your perserverence, well done and a great message to others.
When I go fishing, it is not really fish that I am after. It is a philosophic meditation.

Don't give up, don't EVER give up
SteveW

Location: Deep inside my Brain w/my thoughts, Fishing, or staring at my monitor, N. FL

Return to Student Forum