Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Hijack this thread!

Relax, catch up on old friends, enjoy each other, and whatever else comes to mind! Like having fun!!

by hal » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:12 pm

Go ahead!

We just adopted a dog, a nine-year-old beagle mix named Jake. He damn near caught a squirrel today; he was within 10 feet, hurtling at full speed, before the squirrel even noticed. It was saved by the length of Jake's leash and the fact it has a good handle. Jake has severe separation anxiety, but we're learning how to deal with it. :!:
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Pancake » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:41 pm

I just vacuumed 1/4 of the house. I can stop there... Right?

I mean, I only have family coming for a stay tomorrow, half-unpacked boxes cluttering every corner and a smelly, smelly pet mouse + babies sharing a laundry with a less smelly rabbit, with hay overflowing into the next room and Auntie Jennifer is a professor, but I'm sure everything's bg will be fine. *twitches*

Actually, I'm really looking forward to this visit, messy house or not. Now I just tell people it's my mission in life to combat all the perfect social media images they're bombarded with every day by making them feel better about their own bad days ;)

My dog eats the doors if he gets left home alone :/
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by Mocha » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:44 pm

hal wrote:Go ahead!

We just adopted a dog, a nine-year-old beagle mix named Jake. He damn near caught a squirrel today; he was within 10 feet, hurtling at full speed, before the squirrel even noticed. It was saved by the length of Jake's leash and the fact it has a good handle. Jake has severe separation anxiety, but we're learning how to deal with it. :!:

hal, you know how good we are at hijacking a thread/going off topic....:lol:.....

About Jake.......good dog.......maybe he was a 'hunting dog' with his previous owners. Beagles make the best 'deer hunting dogs'. They have the voice for it. When I was growing up we had squirrel dogs, bird dogs, and deer dogs. Paid a fortune for them too. Yes, my family and I liked to hunt and kill deer, quail and squirrels....they were yummy to eat....although I didn't eat the squirrels....damn rodents....yuck......

Where did you find him, hal?

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by hal » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:14 pm

Mocha, you are not following instructions! They clearly said, HIJACK THIS THREAD. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We got him from a rescue agency that is very careful about placements. They were right about us, because we're keeping him even though he tore up the whole house when we were away for five hours on Sunday night (having foolishly not put him in his kennel). He ran all around the house jumping up at all the windows, knocking all my wife's plants down. He wrecked my office, knocking a computer and a printer off desks, scattering papers and everything all over. (I believe I mentioned that I'm a person who works from piles of paper?) I wasn't mad: my bad, actually. Thank God the computer was okay. It took awhile to get the printer working, and the paper isn't feeding right, so I'm going to get a new one. But hey, you know, printers are cheap because they make all their money on the ink they sell you.

Ahem. Back to the subject.

Went to a wonderful lecture on the Battle of Gettysburg this evening. A talk, really, because the speaker is probably the best teacher (retired) in at least three states.
-- Tennyson
hal

by BillyGoat » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:09 pm

My balls are itchy.
---------
Bleat

Billy
BillyGoat
Site Admin

by Mocha » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:52 pm

hal wrote:Mocha, you are not following instructions! They clearly said, HIJACK THIS THREAD. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought I did......once I started talking about killing and eating deer/quails/squirrels,etc......:lol:

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Mocha
Site Admin

by hal » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:29 pm

But no! you continued to talk about the topic!

(uh oh... so am I. :oops: )
-- Tennyson
hal

by clare_hart » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:01 pm

Tuesday
In have to get my drains snaked, Eeeew. I can smell them from a foot away. Luckily I have a friend who will ask a fair price for that and a few other things. Probably vacuum and scrub a couple floors. What fun. :D
Might see about getting back on my roller blades - been a few years.

Wednesday
I'm getting my haircut and colored - fuck it, when it started to grow out more salt and pepper gray instead of a nice elegant shade I gave in. I'm the only one in my family so "blessed." I was trying to let it go to my natural color, but that's no color at all. So cut and color! Yeah, I'm still vain. Now if I could just afford a little tuck around my mouth and chin . . . :roll:

Thursday
Going to the local mountain for a hike with my sister (I have 6, but only one lives here). There are some great trails and the one we'll be taking goes to a couple little lakes, one named Lake of the Lady.

Why get depressed?
IK. There are times it just happens and we feel powerless to get out of it. But, hey, when you're neither manic nor depressed, keep busy and put on your thinking cap and dream up some fun.
clare_hart

by Mocha » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:13 am

BillyGoat wrote:My balls are itchy.

Well, that's certainly off topic...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mocha
Site Admin

by Pancake » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:51 am

You're still doing it wrong.

I have fudge.
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by Paco » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:38 am

It's too early to go to work.

My dog needs a bath he stinks.
Paco

by hal » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:38 am

It's nice out here. The flowering trees are starting to bloom. I tried mowing the lawn for the first time this morning, but there really wasn't enough grass to make it worthwhile. The dog is getting habituated. Granddaughter Carly is cute. My computer works. No problems lately with the Internet provider. It's Monday (except in terror Australis :shock: :shock:)
-- Tennyson
hal

by BillyGoat » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:02 am

Looks like Grant Hackett'll be staying off the booze for a bit.
---------
Bleat

Billy
BillyGoat
Site Admin

by hal » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:55 pm

Who wrote the Book of Love?

Oops, wrong thread.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Mocha » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:54 pm

Pancake wrote:

You're still doing it wrong.

well, shit.....it was funny as hell..... :lol: ..how could you expect me not to laugh.....now I have this image in my head of BG scratching his nuts.... :roll:

I'll try to do better.

Mocha
Site Admin

by hal » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:31 pm

My new-to-me dog has got loose twice. I finally added my phone number to the address on his dog tag.
-- Tennyson
hal

by hal » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:57 pm

At least with an older new dog, the first thing you're responsible for is preventing him from getting into trouble (like escaping :oops: ). Training is the most important, but it takes time. Training can be positive or negative, and in any case you are responsible for the results. Dogs don't know how to take responsibility and it's irresponsible to assume they do.
-- Tennyson
hal

by hal » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:58 pm

Damn, I failed to hijack the thread! :roll:
-- Tennyson
hal

by Paco » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:17 pm

I have 3 baskets of laundry to fold. :? Keep washing clothes but they haven't learned to fold themselves yet. Stupid clothes
Paco

by hal » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:42 am

I am sleeping 6 or 7 hours a night.
-- Tennyson
hal

by BillyGoat » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:04 am

Well didn't us Aussies just teach Johnny & Amber a stern lesson? Naughty dog-smugglers...
---------
Bleat

Billy
BillyGoat
Site Admin

by Mocha » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:47 am

It's such a beautiful day.here in No CA....70 degrees F....actually warm for us.
Yes, I said warm for us......the weather is always cool here on the coast....no one has AC's.
It's a good day to be outside and catch some rays...And that's what I'm going to do..... :)

Mocha
Site Admin

by hal » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:23 pm

The technician came today to service the air conditioner. :arrow: I didn't remember that I had paid in advance last fall.
-- Tennyson
hal

by clare_hart » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:33 pm

I wish my dog would stop licking his balls . . . slurp, slurp, slurp . . . (not really off-topic . . . :o ) yuck

I'm falling to sleep. No reason why. All I did today was go on a few errands. Somewhere I heard (haha Mocha), "life's a bitch; then you die." Maybe I just don't have the balls for it anymore.
clare_hart

by hal » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:35 pm

:evil: WARNING: Don't nobody say nuthin bout Clare's balls, cuz yous'd not be HIJACK[ing] THIS THREAD! :twisted:
-- Tennyson
hal

Next

Return to Lounge