Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Hijack this thread!

Relax, catch up on old friends, enjoy each other, and whatever else comes to mind! Like having fun!!

by Duckysmom » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:21 pm

I know it's a disaster around here with all the flooding. And I know a lot of people have it worse than me. But could my GPS please tell me the road is closed before I actually get to it and stop telling me take roads that are flooded out or blocked off because of sink holes? Tired of driving in circles with the rest of the pack.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Spm24 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:00 am

When my three-year-old was told to pee in a cup at the doctor’s office, he unexpectedly got nervous. With a shaking voice, he asked, “Do I have to drink it?”
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Mocha » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:42 am

Spm24 wrote:When my three-year-old was told to pee in a cup at the doctor’s office, he unexpectedly got nervous. With a shaking voice, he asked, “Do I have to drink it?”

:lol:

God I hope not.......despite the old myth......urine is NOT sterile......:lol:

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by Spm24 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:24 pm

Never build something for your spouse. They will find little things to tweak it. Which means more work for you....
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Pancake » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:12 pm

People with entitlement issues are annoying me today. (Young!) woman in my crafting circles is getting annoyed because people use different terms for the same thing, as if it's a deliberate conspiracy to confuse her...

Heaven forbid we live in a global, multilingual society with varied language roots for Australiaspeak :shock:
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by hal » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:38 pm

A lot of people out walking their dogs this evening.
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Spm24 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:04 am

Mini excavators are fun to watch working....
Spm24

by Mocha » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:57 am

thank you sweet jesus.......it's almost time for the children to go back to school!......YAY!

I love my god daughter but enough is enough....... :shock:

TG, her dad just bought her a new tablet......we couldn't stand her anymore......:lol:

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by Jemane » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:31 pm

My daughter vomited in the night. There goes my day off. :(
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by AvantGarde » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:47 pm

There's this expression here.... "People that allow themselves to sleep on the beach", meaning people that watch the days go by and do nothing about their lives. It's often derregatory, because it's in our culture to work for a better life and enjoy breaks and booze. When enjoying life or booze becomes all your life then you're sleeping on the beach. I love sleeping on the beach sometimes, it's a valid form of life. Too bad for the sunburns.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service (I accept Etsy gift cards only)

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes
AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Pancake » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:06 am

Restarting a project I was close to finishing because the idiot inspiration-demon inside my brain wants to change the colour scheme and refuses to be ignored.

Resistance is futile :roll:
Pancake

by AvantGarde » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:24 am

There's another expression in my country that goes by "each one pulls the tail of it's sardine" meaning that everyone likes to be right. We're a very wise country. Lol

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by hal » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:17 am

I'm still preoccupied by aspects of my serious illness earlier this year and want to write about it, but don't know quite how.
-- Tennyson
hal

by AvantGarde » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:31 am

You should write a long vent about it, how it makes you really feel. I think it would do you some good to get support for it, hal. It's not easy to deal with a life threatening situation, you're a champion but there's no need to keep it tough. It's okay to deal with the feelings.

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:14 pm

There's a dam in China, the largest in the world, that affects the Earth's rotation, hence time by milliseconds, once filled. :cry:

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by hal » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:04 am

Have pity on those who live in the path of the eclipse but whose skies are cloudy today.

-- Tennyson
hal

by AvantGarde » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:19 am

I like the word "can". Has so many meanings.

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:57 am

There's this snack here, a pork steak with garlic and mustard on bread.

With some fizzled orange juice it's perfect.

Despite what the locals might say, it's not better with beer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Stuckles » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:41 am

The dogs are particularly happy today as they have a new treat ... charred rusks. For goodness sake, I wish some people would learn to use the oven timer :roll:
Stuckles

by hal » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:03 am

A man walks into a bank in downtown Manhattan and asks for the loan officer. He tells the loan officer that he is going to Italy on business for two weeks and needs to borrow $5,000. The bank officer tells him that the bank will need some form of security for the loan, so the man hands over the keys to a new Ferrari. The car is parked on the street in front of the bank.

The loan officer agrees to accept the car as collateral for the loan. The bank's president and its officers all enjoy a good laugh at the man for using a $250,000 Ferrari as collateral against a $5,000 loan. An employee of the bank then drives the Ferrari into the bank's underground garage and parks it there. Two weeks later, the man returns, repays the $5,000 and the interest, which comes to $15.41.

The loan officer says, "Sir, we are very happy to have had your business, and this transaction has worked out very nicely, but we are a little puzzled. While you were away, we checked you out and found that you are a multimillionaire. What puzzles us is, why would you bother to borrow $5,000?"

The man replies: "Where else in Manhattan can I park my car for two weeks for only $15.41 and expect it to be there when I return?"
-- Tennyson
hal

by Pancake » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:04 am

I have to be up at dark o'clock in the morning to get to the city (4hrs travel each way) for something that HAS to be done tomorrow :roll: and my kids are sick :?
Pancake

by Jemane » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:07 am

"Waves"
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by AvantGarde » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:13 am

Good luck, Pan. 4 hours is a long boring ass ride.

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Pancake » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:30 am

Jemane wrote:"Waves"

Bring me all the coffee!

Good luck, Pan. 4 hours is a long boring ass ride.

1hr drive, 3hrs train. I like the train trip, much more relaxed than driving. I can crochet and watch Netflix.

Not going to be so much fun tomorrow if I have to cart a miserable child along :shock:
Pancake

by hal » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:35 am

1-800-PSYCHE

Hello, Welcome to the Psychiatric Hotline.

If you are obsessive-compulsive, please press 1 repeatedly.
    If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2.
    If you have multiple personalities, please press 3, 4, 5 and 6.
    If you are paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and what you want. Just stay on the line so we can trace the call.
    If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a little voice will tell you which number to press.
    If you are depressed, it doesn't matter which number you press. No one will answer.
-- Tennyson
hal

PreviousNext

Return to Lounge