Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Kicking 2017's butt nuts

Relax, catch up on old friends, enjoy each other, and whatever else comes to mind! Like having fun!!

by AvantGarde » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:43 pm

As my last thread of this god awful year, I would like to thank personally each and every one of you for your support and friendship.

For many of us, it was a terrible year full of hardship and tough obstacles to overcome. But not one of us stayed behind, we all stepped up, assumed our responsibilities and fought hard for our places in the world. We dealt with the bad parts of this disorder and other illnesses, we lost jobs, husbands, pets, friends, parents, and still we can still smile and say we have accomplished more than we ever thought we could, even if just the seemingly small step that is putting our mental health as the priority.

We kicked 2017 in the nuts and then in the butt and then in the butt nuts.
I'm very proud of us.

Love you all, have a great last day of 2017 and congratulate yourself for being who you are.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Mocha » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:56 pm

AvantGarde wrote:We kicked 2017 in the nuts and then in the butt and then in the butt nuts.

Ain't that the truth...... :twisted:

And right back at ya, AG........ :)

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:00 pm

:lol:

I'm very emotional today, never felt like this at the end of a year, it's weird. It's like an era is ending or something, I feel like I was left behind in the past and am now picking up the pieces and starting over.

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Mocha » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:10 pm

AvantGarde wrote:I'm very emotional today, never felt like this at the end of a year, it's weird. It's like an era is ending or something, I feel like I was left behind in the past and am now picking up the pieces and starting over.

Doesn't seem so weird to me. You've worked through so many things and moved on in so many ways. And the journey continues....... :)

btw......Last post of 2017?.........I have a ways to go before midnite Sunday night.....about 22hrs.

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Mocha
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:18 pm

*My* last thread I meant, still sleepy, will edit for clarification.. It's not the last post of 2017 :lol:

I think I posted about one thread per day this year, I sure like to talk and be heard :lol: :roll: I annoy myself, don't worry.

And yes, long ass year full of new things and problem solving. I'm really tired. Hope next years' better, calmer.

AvantGarde

by Jemane » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:23 pm

So glad to see the back of this year but so glad to have done it with you all. What a supportive bunch you all are. Thanks for sticking it out with me.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by AvantGarde » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:35 am

It's almost the new year in Australia! Try a portuguese tradition of jumping on your right foot at midnight for good luck into the new year.

AvantGarde

by Pancake » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:11 am

AvantGarde wrote:It's almost the new year in Australia! Try a portuguese tradition of jumping on your right foot at midnight for good luck into the new year.

I'm at work (:
23:10 in my timezone.
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by AvantGarde » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:28 am

Just a hop then!

AvantGarde

by Mocha » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:31 am

Well then, I'd better tell you Happy New Year, Pan!....... :)

I've still got a while to go. I just read your post and it's 04:30 here

Mocha
Site Admin

by Jemane » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:35 am

We’re all sitting waiting for the new year (it’s 23:34) because I think we are all ready for bed!
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by Mocha » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:37 am

Happy New Year! to you too, Jemane........ :)

Nothing exciting going on? No fireworks?

Mocha
Site Admin

by Jemane » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:41 am

We’re just at the beach house with friends and my sister. Lots of kids who are already in bed. We’ll do sparklers and we’ll hear the nearby fireworks. Doing your own fireworks is illegal here.
Jemane

by Jemane » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:01 am

Happy new year from Australia!!! Welcome 2018.
Jemane

by AvantGarde » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:10 am

Happy New year Australians :D

AvantGarde

by hal » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:06 am

I can't remember being so eager for the new year to start as this year. January through April I was in the hospital and home care and continued my recovery for about three more months. But at least I avoided BP episodes, except for a short hypomania earlier this month.

For the past couple of days I've felt like New Year's ought to be Saturday night. Finally now it's New Year's Eve -- so to speak, literally I'll have to wait a few hours. You guys in Oz are lucky, it's already here (there?). I never could figure out how you get to live in the future. :lol:

I'm thankful for this place too. AG, you can write as much as you like. It's always interesting! if sometimes sad. Same with the rest of us. We bring something of value to one another. I think people with BP have something to offer the world. It's hard to remember that, especially when we're depressed. Oh yeah, when we're manic perhaps we remember it to well! :roll:

Happy 2018 everyone!
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by AvantGarde » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:24 am

Happy New Year's Eve to you Hal, I'll wish you a happy 2018 tomorrow :lol:

You're a wonderful friend.

AvantGarde

by Duckysmom » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:09 am

Happy New Year, everyone. I think 2017 kicked my butt. I am planning on kicking back in 2018!

Thank you all for being there for me and I hope with all my heart I was able to help someone here as well.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by AvantGarde » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:34 am

Ducky, you sure did. It was great to have a partner during that terrible beginning of trauma therapy. Thank you

Oh man I'm so emotional, my eyes water up. Silly AG's nervous system. Lol

I can seriously say I can't wait to wake up tomorrow in a new year.

Still 4 a half hours to midnight.

When I write something in the half my phone always corrects it to something in the Hal. Lol

AvantGarde

by Spm24 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:13 pm

It is good that we all survived the many trials and tribulations that we have faced this year. Some better than others. That does not matter in the least. What matters is we have learned how to deal with things that have blocked our paths.

Happy New Year's. Many more successes in the coming year.
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Mocha » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:13 pm

I'm so ready for 2017 to be over.....seems like I had to fight for everything I needed. Hopefully 2018 won't be so hard......

I don't know what I would have done without you guys' support. You helped me remember I've always been a fighter and a survivor....... :)

Mocha
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:47 pm

Last twelve minutes of 2017 in Portugal!

AvantGarde

by AvantGarde » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:01 pm

Welcome to 2018!!! I'm so thankful for you all! Thank you for being in my life.

Happy new year to you all :)

AvantGarde

by Jemane » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:22 pm

Happy new year AG!
Jemane

by AvantGarde » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:48 pm

Thank you Jemane! To you too, much better than last year for sure. :)

AvantGarde

Next

Return to Lounge