Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

blaming hal!!! ;)

Relax, catch up on old friends, enjoy each other, and whatever else comes to mind! Like having fun!!

by dubious66 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:54 am

WTF? Such an idiot! Who the heck embarks on a 1000 mile drive through the US midwest in winter without checking the weather? (Idiot here, raising her hand.). No fears hal. Although I thought about stopping by for a hot cocoa, I kept going. I have now passed you. (I did wave.)

And! I specifically went and got my oil changed last week so I would get windshield fluid. Even asked the guy at the end if he remembered to top it off. I got an "of course.". Fucker! No windshield wiper fluid as I was driving through mess and frickin' cold. Grrr... only 750 miles to go.

So, is the universe fucking with me or giving me a present or daring me? Going to hibernate. If I wake up this displeased in the spring, please just shoot me. (I am worth much more if I die anyway. Much more helpful to the inheritors. ;) )

Bite me frickin' sideways

Pleasant, eh? Back to my corner...

dub
dubious66

by Mocha » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:08 pm

first question:
Why are you driving 1000 miles cross country this time of year anyways?
I see by the time on your post that perhaps you may be at your destination by now, or maybe not?

Hopefully you were planning on spending the night/or day somewhere, taking a rest. I hope so, girl.

Let us know when you arrive or first chance you get, ok? I hope you'll be warn and toasty soon, and I hope you stopped somewhere for the wiper fluid. What a dumb son of a bitch...... :evil:

And stay outta that corner.....don't make me come looking for you..... ;

EDIT: I just realized from the time on your post, that you have a long ways to go....duh. Please remember to take plenty of breaks and spend the night somewhere if you need. That's a damn long drive.....(like you don't know that....:roll:..)......Please check in so we know you're ok.

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by dubious66 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:37 pm

Pit stop #2: 500 miles to go. Booking now!

Since leaving hal's stomping grounds, weather has cleared up; but now it's dark. :(

Piss poor rationale for doing this later.
dubious66

by Mocha » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:29 pm

Glad the weather has cleared up, but I bet it's still cold.....brrr.....

thanks for checking in....... :)

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Mocha
Site Admin

by hal » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:23 pm

A thousand miles? No thanks. Not even in summer. But I can see your point. It's madness flying this holiday season (though if you pick the right days and times it might be okay). Especially if you have to go through O'Hare. I hate that airport! We have been delayed/cancelled there beaucoup times.

So, dub, do you think you'll recover your sanity when you get back home? :lol:
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by dubious66 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:52 pm

Pit stop. #3 (last one): made some time up in state. #4. Will be n #5 in about an hour. 250 more miles. Such a conqueror! ;)

ORD? Garretts doesnt make up for its crazy. I once missed my christmas connection. Was feeling pretty sorry for myself until I.saw some pathetic woman with her 4 year old. I ended up driving and let them ride with me. And people say I am not nice! Actually her mom ended up being the nice one. She had a tin of cookies for me when I dropped off her daughter and grandson. They were ridiculously grateful.
dubious66

by Mocha » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:27 pm

You go girl....... :)

And great story.....I know that woman and her kid appreciated it so much.

Mocha
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:24 pm

:D Go Dub!
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by dubious66 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:01 pm

Mocha wrote:first question:
Why are you driving 1000 miles cross country this time of year anyways?

Made it home a bit ago. Before I crash for the night, I thought I would go back to answer your question.

I drove because 1.) I've been in a spot that I am struggling to motivate to do anything much beyond what I absolutely have to and 2.) I was pretty ambivalent about going "home" this Christmas. So, no plane ticket did I buy. By the time I looked, direct flights were pretty nonexistent and as hal pointed out, OHare isn't all that fun. So I drove. I didn't mind the quiet time anyway, especially today, the start of year 52 for me - a lot less pressure than the alternatives that would require me to be "on." Also, current plan is to put my mom's house up for sale in late spring so I grabbed a carload of stuff.

I'll be happy (okay, that's probably not true. How about relieved?) when these holidays are over. First ones are tough...
dubious66

by Mocha » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:26 pm

ahhh........I get it now. I'm glad you made it safe and sound.

And I can only imagine how tough this holiday must have been for you. Hopefully things will lighten up soon.

Love you girl.....talk more tomorrow.......

Mocha
Site Admin

Return to Lounge