Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Christmas Eve today!

Relax, catch up on old friends, enjoy each other, and whatever else comes to mind! Like having fun!!

by hal » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:31 am

It's the same way with black men: they're feared and suspected simply for being who they are, and, that being the case, there's nothing they can do about it. "DWB" is American slang for "driving while black": see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driving_while_black
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Pancake » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:32 am

Yeah but everyone can't be dangerous. You have to be realistic

To be fair, they have no way of knowing which category you fall into, or that your dog's name is Honey. I mean, nefarious people can use dogs for their nefariousness or to avoid suspicion, but they probably don't name their dogs honey (:

And people do get a bit suspicious of people sitting in their car for some reason, I get some funny looks too. Like I must be there to case the joint, or sell drugs or something.

Maybe it's the car...

It's tomorrow! Do I bake cookies, or sleep in?
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by Spm24 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:43 am

I vote to sleep in...
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by AvantGarde » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:08 pm

I vote cookies
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Pancake » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:16 pm

Sleep won (:
Pancake

by Steponme » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:04 pm

I GET TO WEAR MY ONESIE THAT HAS SANTA RIDING UNICORNS BECAUSE IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS! I have a thing for onesies :)
Don't let your rubber ducky convince you that the world is an illusion after spilling pickle juice in you car while speeding down the highway trying to catch up to a pack of cows.
Steponme

by Pancake » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:32 pm

My super stressful day (:

One of the ferrets attempted to pack herself, first in the eski and then in my towel bag, but she was discovered.

I think they think I'm hiding something from them, they get into *everything*.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pancake

by Spm24 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:51 pm

Pan would love to have that type of stressful day :) . I thought ferrets were nefarious for getting into everything..

Step. Enjoy your onesies.... I couldn't pull it off...
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Jemane » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:12 pm

A perfect Christmas.
Kids let us sleep in, playing with their Santa presents. Opened up our family presents by the tree then I went for a much needed 10km run.
Got the food sorted then went to the in laws where we’ve had a feast and the kids are all happy playing with balls and in the trampoline outside. The sun is shining, we’re all in summer holiday mode and heading to the beach tonight for holidays.
Can’t get more Australian Christmas than that.
Merry Christmas to you all! Thankyou all you for support over the year. You’re all amazing and I appreciate you all so much.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by AvantGarde » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:47 pm

Perfect Christmas here too. :) Just woke up, wanted to sleep in but brain is addicted to caffeine at a certain hour.

But now I'm sick :D lol Not big horrible flu, just mild. Headaches, bodyaches and the sneezes.

This week have a bunch of family and friend gatherings, there's no diet that can withstand that many brunches, dinners and lunches. :? Will lose a bunch of my weight loss progress, but that's the holidays for you. Maybe ask pdoc to only do bloodwork after a while, it's scheduled to January.

And yeah.. we had to salvage all the sweets in put them in the car. Couldn't leave them out in the open during the night because, one, my oldest cat has become a sweet tooth with old age and decided to attack the "dreams" ones while we were eating dinner (cats can't eat sugar, really bad for them), and then we put them in the kitchen and ants started crawling in line lol It's like all the animals in the world know it's Christmas

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Pancake » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:30 pm

Oh man... AG, my ginger madcat has a sweet tooth too. Can't leave anything out overnight... And ants... :evil: :o :evil:

Glad you had a good day, Jemane you've weathered an awful lot of Family this year.

Shawn, i guess your day has just started. Good luck! I'll be popping I'm occasionally over the next few hours if anyone wants a friendly ear.

Going to try to make... Sort of kebab substitute... can't get *proper* kebabs with shaved meat up here, and my favourite kebab place uses a Turkish bread that's very like foccacia... So I'm going to try a very culturally misappropriated version using pulled beef. My mouth is watering, I hope it isn't disappointed.
Pancake

by AvantGarde » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:46 pm

Pancake wrote:And ants... :evil: :o :evil:

I know right? They infested my mom's sugar holding thingy, so I got a big jar with vaccuum to put the sugar in, they don't know it's there yet.

I'll be around today too, there's not much to do except eat and I don't feel too well to eat too much. We're not going anywhere, mom's friend is stressed over having too many people and me and my mom don't feel well, either physically or with causing more stress to him.

Shawn you can spend the day on your phone talking to us and just ignore everyone there :)

AvantGarde

by Pancake » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:16 am

I very dislike ants.

The kittenthing has discovered trees. The dog didn't wipe his bum this morning, so he's been locked outside all day and just got an overdue clipping. Now he needs a nice cleansing bath, and some... airing out. Guess he's going to need crutching regularly D:

Also, hair cut = instant weight loss. He's gone from looking like a pudgy, waddling over-indulged (he's not) puppy, to as sleek as anything.

Dinner was DELICIOUS.
I turned the oven on to cook, that's not very Aussie of me... >.>
Pancake

by AvantGarde » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:27 am

:lol: Stray cats here in the neighbourhood are always on top of trees, they escape from each other that way too, very not clever of them because the other one just waits it out :lol:

Kittens discovering things is always awesome, not Christmas trees though (ornaments broken and one clothy mushroom missing - I decorated my tree with hallucinogenic mushrooms :lol:

I'd ask for you to share your dinner, but food is the furthest thing from my mind at the moment. There are still lots of sweets, they're in a closed box inside a bag inside another bag on the dinning table, feel free to come on over. Can't pick you up from the airport because massive headache *auch*

AvantGarde

by AvantGarde » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:31 am

And the nonstop feeding begins again, oh dear heavens almighty dog.

AvantGarde

by Pancake » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:37 am

You know you don't *have* to eat all that sticky heavy stuff, right?

I can't encourage you, I feel like I've overeaten just looking at your photo :lol:

How's the headache?
Pancake

by AvantGarde » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:49 am

I took an iboprufen.. it was really aching, all good now. Might've been sugar overdose, given I no longer eat sugar and this is an exception of course.

Don't worry though, my mom is eating most of it. I just ate a slice of cake. Thing is, we're sitting by the table, food is right there, takes an enormous amount of self control just not to pick a piece here and there. By the end of the day, you're 4kg heavier :lol: I weighed myself before eating now and actually only gained half a kilo from yesterday (1lb for you outkast nonmetric folks).

AvantGarde

by AvantGarde » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:36 am

Set a plate for you, Pan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AvantGarde

by Pancake » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:10 am

Oh! Am I late?

I'm so happy to be included, would it be rude if I'm not very hungry, and just nibble at the edges?

I'm going to go and find some nice crostoli tomorrow (they look just like one of your fried pastry things, but they're Italian) just so I can pretend I was there :P
Pancake

by AvantGarde » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:23 am

Ahah sure :) eat just a bite of each.

Ok that's it. I can't eat anything else, feel like I'm overdosing on food. My mom wants to have lunch and dinner, for fuck sake :cry: hunger strike

AvantGarde

by Pancake » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:35 am

My mom wants to have lunch and dinner, for fuck sake :cry: hunger strike

:lol:

Oh dear. She must be feeling better? Perhaps her appetite is recuperative.
Pancake

by AvantGarde » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:40 am

Obviously!!! As we all know, sugar cures the flu :? It's all good though, she says I don't have to eat.

AvantGarde

by Pancake » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:58 am

AvantGarde wrote:Obviously!!! As we all know, sugar cures the flu :? It's all good though, she says I don't have to eat.

:lol:
I thought her appetite might be recuperative, not her diet. It's not her body's fault if she's going to poison it instead of feed it.

Don't eat. Drink water. Have a noice day. Time for lights out here <3
Pancake

by AvantGarde » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:17 am

Sorry I didn't read it right, blame it on all the sugar :?

Sleep well :) <3

AvantGarde

by Spm24 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:56 am

I made it through last night only wanted to walk out for about fifteen minutes but I didn't and I survived in one piece. Now comes the hard one people in my house.. yippee. Took my anxiety pill so hope that helps today..Took one last night maybe that's why it went ok. Only half an hour left. Should get dressed and start cooking soon...

Everyone have a good day....
Spm24

PreviousNext

Return to Lounge