Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Christmas Eve today!

Relax, catch up on old friends, enjoy each other, and whatever else comes to mind! Like having fun!!

by AvantGarde » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:45 pm

I woke up to my general sleepiness, cats on my feet meawing, coffee making, cigarette craving attitude, seems like any other day. But I just realized ITS NOT!!!!

Have a Merry Christmas everyone :)

Love you all

In a couple of hours I will proceed to blast Christmas music :D
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Jemane » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:39 pm

Merry Christmas to you too!
It’s like Christmas Day for me today as we are having my sides family Christmas party (immediate family only so around 20 people instead of 100 like the other night).
Our turkey was amazing. My husband cooked it. Winning lots of husband points today.
Kids are now swimming in the pool (cause we have a summer Christmas).

Happy Christmas to all my internet friends!
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by AvantGarde » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:55 pm

Ahah, pool sounds like I would freeze right now :shock: It's 7ºC here now :lol: Not too cold, but not warm either. And it's supposed to rain tonight.

Glad you're alright, you certainly deserve to feel stable after this last year :)
I'm still hypo, maybe you can tell from all the emojis and overexcitement over the holidays :lol:

It's funny though, I never had really good Christmases, I'm not sure why I like it so much.

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Pancake » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:20 am

*whatever*
Had to take a spawnling into town to work, and rather than go home I had a picnic in the park (alone) for dinner. It's very peaceful.

My phone is about to go flat, and I can't be bothered moving :D
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by AvantGarde » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:28 am

It's a different Christmas for sure :) Can't tell if you're sad and masking it or if you're trully at peace with it... So answers for both hypotheses:

1. Sorry Pan, Santa doesn't deliver in parks, you'll have to go find a chimney and buy some cookies and a pack of milk, squat some random strangers' house.. but you'll have to promise not to steal their presents :?

2. That's awesome, Pan! I'm glad you're enjoying a peaceful day in the park, we could all aspire to escape but none of us has the guts :lol:

AvantGarde

by Pancake » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:11 am

Lol! You're very sweet, no I'm not masking anything. The *meh, whatever* is a zen sort of whatever.

It's just me and the recently-legal lad for Christmas (and the zoo) so no elaborate plans, some nice food and a couple of cocktail/mocktail recipes for a treat. We will probably go to the river/lake somewhere for a swim during the day.

I moved, to the car so I could plug my phone in. And my windscreen was smothered in bugs, so I went to the car wash. Omg, I can see again. Now I'm parked by the river. It's bubbling away. Think I'll stick my camping chair in the shallow water and wriggle my toes.

Hopefully the guy with the van is just a guy with a van.
Pancake

by AvantGarde » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:21 am

Those are the best plans ever :D

Have fun! I'm sure you will.

(I just wrote a massive hypo text naming all the reasons I would much rather spend Christmas on a beach in August, but I'll spare you my hypo ramblings :?)

AvantGarde

by AvantGarde » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:49 am

Oh yeah, and Merry Buddhamas, Allahmas, Yahwehmas, Nothingmas, Somethingnotexactlysurewhatmas, Allthehindugodsmas, Allthetribalgodsmas, if you feel left out there's the complaint box in this link.

Ah! Fooled ya, there's no link.

AvantGarde

by Pancake » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:31 am

Pastafairymas!!!
Iworshipcatsmas
Pancake

by Pancake » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:50 am

Christmas on a beach in August,

Sometimes people here have "Christmas in July" so they can have have a proper winter one. You could do something like that...

I mean, if you're being literal (:
Pancake

by AvantGarde » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:24 am

I trully am being literal, I think it's fun to circunvent social norms. That would be awesome, I could throw sand at people and tell them it's snowing :lol:

Kitten is set on destroying the Christmas tree, I've explained it's a cliché but she isn't listening.

Went to get Christmas sweets, mom is already eating but I'm waiting for tonight. Next post will carry a pic.

AvantGarde

by Mom2dani » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:31 am

I’m working today, thank goodness. Christmas Eve was a bigger deal to us than Christmas because I don’t know, we had a tradition of opening our pjs, putting them on, unloading our stockings and each of us picking a gift for the other to open. Now it’s our first Christmas apart, I’m working woohoo. The girl is goin* to spend Christmas Eve with him and Christmas with me.

Hoping I make it through today without a break down. But I feel ok now, send a vibe it continues.
"Today, I will trust this process and this journey that I have undertaken"
Mom2dani

by Mom2dani » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:33 am

Ps I want to jump in a pool Christmas Day too, it’s freezing here today, booo.
"Today, I will trust this process and this journey that I have undertaken"
Mom2dani

by AvantGarde » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:34 am

Said sweets below.

Sorry it's such a rough year Mom2dani, hope you begin new traditions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AvantGarde

by Pancake » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:37 am

Ha! I recognise that cook book (: I want to make the green spaghetti.

Looks delicious. How are you going to eat all that? I think you need us to come over and help.

Mom2Dani, I hope your day flies by. You are sounding really ok, fingers crossed (:
Pancake

by AvantGarde » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:48 am

HA! I'm making the brased tuna on the 26th :D

Sure, come on over, the more the merrier

AvantGarde

by Spm24 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:44 am

AG glad you are enjoying it. All hypo and everything.. Seriously now, savor those sweets and your meal. Time together is special (even if you don't always get along with them). Tell kitten not to attack the tree. It's not good for it's health.

Pan going for a swim and relaxing sounds like a fabulous time. Have a relaxing day...

Mom2dani sometimes the best Christmases are the ones where you start new traditions and develop new memories. Hope today goes smoothly.
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by AvantGarde » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:57 am

I'm on decaf, hypo controlled :lol: Hot cocoa with spices coming up in a minute.

We rebelled against the norms and opened the presents. :lol:

(seriously, you guys, I'm so happy that I don't have to go to my sister's tomorrow :shock: )

AvantGarde

by hal » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:05 am

Pancake wrote:Hopefully the guy with the van is just a guy with a van.
We men have never understood this type of apprehension, until now, maybe. As you ladies well know.
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Spm24 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:09 am

Hypo controlled.. ok :|

Hope you got some good presents.... I am guaranteed $125 dollars beyond that it is all up for grabs.. we will wait and see.

I know how much you were dreading the prospects of going to your sisters. You can now spend it like you want to...
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Spm24 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:21 am

Pancake wrote:Hopefully the guy with the van is just a guy with a van.

I do and don't understand the apprehension.

Here's a story. Tracy had called me from work asked me to meet her with the check book at the salon. Well I went to the salon took Honey with me. We sat for about fifteen minutes till she showed up. She went in. When she got home she told me I had the women in there petrified. Afraid I was going to do something. Granted I was there for awhile. But I did not think it was a crime to sit in a parking lot. There was another parking lot directly in front of me with people driving in and out continuously. I had a dog with me. But wait here's the kicker one of there husband's showed up and they were still worried. All the had to do was send him out and ask what was going on, he is a correctional guard. Or call the cops. A lot of worrying over something that could have been avoided by a phone call. Oh forgot the locked the door too..
Spm24

by AvantGarde » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:34 am

Literally awesome Christmas playlist

I'm not usually afraid of guys in vans anymore, but before meds I was very paranoid of guys in vans.

Shawn, if it's a dangerous person you just don't walk there and ask nicely :lol:

AvantGarde

by Spm24 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:12 am

Yeah but everyone can't be dangerous. You have to be realistic :D . Plus I am sure not to many people are going to rob and pillage you after sitting there so you can get the make, model and license plate number. Plus your going to do all that destruction with a dog in your vehicle :lol: ..... I'm just a gentle big guy :)

I derailed your good vibe thread. I'll keep it happy and cheerful now 8-) .
Spm24

by AvantGarde » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:45 am

Yeah, that lady obviously overreacted. But you never know, all the creeps and abusers I met in my life were very nice people when first meeting them.

I started with the sweets already, didn't wait for tonight :lol: Half the cake is gone, plus some of the other sweets, I didn't eat that much though, I filled up on cheese.

AvantGarde

by Spm24 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:00 am

Sometimes you have to partake in things before you planned to. Especially with sweets sitting there calling your name. Love to have cheese. That's what I am going to snack on right now....
Spm24

Next

Return to Lounge