Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Merry Winter Solistice

Relax, catch up on old friends, enjoy each other, and whatever else comes to mind! Like having fun!!

by AvantGarde » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:50 pm

I was planning on going skiing up in the mountains, but I've never skiid (skied, skiied?) before, and snow ruins my boots, so I'll probably just stay in the city watching Die Hard, the most Christmasy film ever, over and over again until Christmas Day.

Any of you celebrate solistices and equinoxes? Or just me that am the hippie?
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Steponme » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:41 pm

My brother hiked the pacific rim trail and on the winter solstice, he hiked naked that day.
Don't let your rubber ducky convince you that the world is an illusion after spilling pickle juice in you car while speeding down the highway trying to catch up to a pack of cows.
Steponme

by Pancake » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:45 pm

Happy summer solstice from me (:

I just had a yummy, mostly home grown dinner and going to cut grass, since it's going to be light late (:

Since we broke the usual swimming spot good and proper, I might fit in a trip to the dam to see if that's a viable option....
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by AvantGarde » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:50 pm

Pancake wrote:Happy summer solstice from me (:

That's righhhhtt! Sorry, I usually remember.. blame it on the hypo and need to type, type, type! :lol:

That sounds heavenly, not the cutting grass albeit I like the smell of their "suffering" (it's what I call fresh cut grass smell, their innaudible screaaams!!!), but the dam search :) Hope you have a good swim tonight!

Steponme wrote:My brother hiked the pacific rim trail and on the winter solstice, he hiked naked that day.

That's fantastic! :) It's a beautiful trail. I can't fanthom being naked right now, you should hear me curse everything before getting in the shower. Although I'm not very smart lately, I haven't been waiting for the water to heat up, then have to stand there getting cold water on my feet, shaking.. First world problems I suppose.

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Jemane » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:43 pm

Happy summer solstice from me too. Was celebrating by having a bbq with the kids.
But now feeling quite shocked. My eldest (15 year old) was in the city and missed being hit by a SUV that ploughed into pedestrians by minutes, probably a terrorise attack. I don’t think anyone died but 15 people were injured. Hug your loved ones a bit tighter tonight.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by AvantGarde » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:45 pm

:o I'm sorry your daughter was there, but very glad she's safe!! The police say it wasn't terror related, they arrested the driver.

AvantGarde

by Jemane » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:50 pm

It’s one of the first times I’ve let her go into the city on her own (just with a friend). I don’t think it will stop me letting her go again though as I guess the probability of it happening again is low.
Our media are saying they don’t know yet whether it is terror related or not.

Anyway, sorry to dampen the mood of a happy post.

This and January are my favourite times of year. It’s light till 9.30pm or so. The weather is just beautiful and everyone lives outside. It’s the end of the year and everyone is celebrating.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by Pancake » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:54 pm

Glad your daughter is ok Jemane. 2nd time this year for this :(
Pancake

by AvantGarde » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:58 pm

Either way, attacking people on the street is a form terrorism..it's not just when the guy yells allahu akbar, or is from a different ethnicity :? I saw it on BBC.

No problem, derrail my threads all you like, like Shawn said the other day we can always go back on topic. Merry Summer Solstice for you too :)

AvantGarde

by MochaAdmin » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:07 am

omg, Jemane......that's awful. I got a news alert a little while ago about it. Lots of images, an overhead shot of the vehicle from a helo. I'm glad your daughter is safe. At least they've arrested a couple of guys.

and Happy Winter Solstice!.......Cat, our old Admin always celebrated the solstices and equinoxes. Thanks for the post/memory, AG.... :)

I love the smell of fresh mowed grass......yummy....

Not a Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
MochaAdmin
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:12 am

I'm glad to be the beared of good memories :D I would've loved Cat from what you tell me about her, for sure :)

I love solstices and equinoxes, they take me to lunar cycles, "witches" and pagan rituals :D

AvantGarde

by Pancake » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:55 am

Oops.
I got some old fencing wire wrapped around the mower deck so I haven't cut a path to the dam yet, the mower can sit in the naughty corner until I am ready to cut the wire out :evil:

Had a shower and left the kitchen door open so Kitten could play outside with Dog for a bit. Got out to find them tearing around in my bedroom.... chasing a ferret.
(the ferrets aren't allowed inside, but they're very mischievous, and an open door is obviously an invitation) :roll:

Mad house.

Going to crochet one of these for a wall hanging tonight, instead of going for a swim.

https://gracefearon.com/patterns/
Pancake

by AvantGarde » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:59 am

:lol: Mad house indeed, like a mini zoo for the insane.

Those patterns are awesome, they're considered very kitch here... old grandmas' patterns of crochet to sit on top of an old TV set kind of kitch. Both my grandmas made them :) I didn't learn it, although both of them tried to teach me.

AvantGarde

Return to Lounge