Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Do they think I'm stupid!!!!!

Relax, catch up on old friends, enjoy each other, and whatever else comes to mind! Like having fun!!

by Spm24 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:42 am

Got a "notification" from Amex. That they had temporarily locked my account. Which to me means that I should not be able to log in correct. Well I went and logged on to my account. Hmm. I thought it was locked. One flag was that the logo was blurry. Amex is a multi gazillion dollar company they are going to make their emails crisp and clean.

Give me a break I am not going to give out my information to an obvious fake site :lol: . I am sure some people will fall for it....
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Duckysmom » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:45 am

Scams galore this time of year.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Mocha » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:57 am

I hear ya, shawn........in our area we get all kinds of phone call scams.

They wish they had never called my number before it's over with......I go off on them and then some...... :twisted: I could let it go, but it's just so much fun....... :lol:

I don't get the online stuff......I'm too paranoid about that stuff and what I click on.

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by hal » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:05 pm

I don't even open most emails. Some I do open consist of no text but only a message to click for an image. I don't touch them, because images can contain malware. Occasionally a real company will send such an email; if it's one I might expect something from, I check the email address. The scam artists can spoof telephone numbers, but as far as I know they can't spoof something like microsoft.com.
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Spm24 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:13 pm

Phone scam I screen my calls if I don't know the number it is not worth my time to answer it.

Online sometimes I get an email here and there. My email provider does a good job of recognizing what is spam... I think this is the first one in two years or more... So not to bad a record...

It made me do a double take at the email. Then I went and logged into my account on another device just to check to make sure...

It had a link to click to update info :lol: ... Only reason I checked it was because it looked to have come from them... If I don't know who it came from it goes into the spam folder no questions asked...
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Pancake » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:31 pm

Well I went and logged on to my account.

Your legit account though, right? Not the scam link?

Damn, I thought this was going to be a serious, some asshole dr or bank or whoever thread, and my blood was preparing to boil because being treated like I'm an idiot is a pet peeve. I'm bonkers, not stupid!
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by Spm24 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:38 pm

Yes Pan my legit site...actually the app is what I logged into..so it was all good.

Sorry to get your hopes up about being treated like an inferior person.... I will try to remember to name it like this if people treat me like I'm an imbecile...

I just found it funny they tried to do it... Not used to scams....
Spm24

by Mocha » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:24 pm

Spm24 wrote:Phone scam I screen my calls if I don't know the number it is not worth my time to answer it.

I always screen my calls too, but when I hear that bullshit, I can't resist picking up and letting them have it....... :lol: ........I cuss them so hard you wouldn't believe.......when I go off, I can really go off.... :twisted: ......It's just so much fun......

Then I do a search online of the phone number......it's easy to trace it back to the scammers.....

Our local PD also encourages us to report this stuff so they can be aware of the current assholes......You wouldn't believe how many elderly people fall for this shit.

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:30 pm

There's a scam here now, where you get a ring (just one) from an international number, people call them back, and they make money out of the call. It's not a very clever scam, but well.

I don't open emails from those weird places, straight to spam box.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

Return to Lounge