Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Any experts on cat behavior?

Relax, catch up on old friends, enjoy each other, and whatever else comes to mind! Like having fun!!

by AvantGarde » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:13 pm

Need help figuring this one out.

My oldest starts meawing hysterically at 5am and doesn't stop until everyone is wide awake. Including the neighbors, that always say they don't mind and don't hear it, but if I hear her on the phone they can probably hear this...

Anyway, it's not food, because I usually wake up before that and give them food. It's not water. He can calm down if I pet him, but then starts all over again or does it while I'm petting him.

If for some reason it takes 3 hours for us all to leave our beds, he won't shut up for those 3 hours. :?

Even my youngest kitty gets annoyed and paws or tries to bite his tail him :lol:

He's very anxious, and likes for us all to be near (not too close though :lol:).. so I guess it's because we aren't near? I don't even know... He does it for another round of applause after we're all awake too.
It's 6.13am now and he's been meawing for exactly 1 hour and seven minutes :?
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by cottontail » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:25 pm

Easy ... how does the saying go 'Dogs have owners and cats have staff'. He wants attention poor love. He is the boss and is reminding you. Don't forget who runs the ship.
cottontail

by AvantGarde » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:29 pm

Probably.. but he does get A LOT of attention though, he's the most demanding cat I've ever met.

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by cottontail » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:32 pm

Well he wants more ... no point in resisting he knows how to get you jumping to attention. All he has to do is utilize is vocal chords and you all come running to him. He has you around his lil paw hehehehehehehe!
cottontail

by AvantGarde » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:35 pm

:lol: I will make a video some time, when he's like this and we pet him and jumps like a penguin (any experts on peguins? can they jump?)... :lol:

He shut up now. He's standing next to the drawer that has his snacks now.. Kinda hoping for a treat for a job well done.

AvantGarde

by cottontail » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:39 pm

AvantGarde maybe you should get him some new toys to distract him. Some tunnels that you only put out at night etc. couldn't hurt.
cottontail

by AvantGarde » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:53 pm

We've tried. He doesn't give a shit to any of that. He likes petting. That's it.

And likes my kitten too, he wasn't playing at all before she arrived, occasionally he liked a ball made of alluminium foil.. go figure, none of the expensive stuff.. but now he asks her to play and she's always compliant because playing is sort of her thing.
He follows her around with her shennanigans :lol:

She has been sick, she's better now, but it's been a real problem. First we thought he didn't give a damn, but now he's become very protective of her. I accidentally stepped on her two days ago because she's always near my feet following me, and she meawed really loudly, he came running and was all big and mean to me. I had to carry her like a baby until we all calmed down :? Still feel bad about it.

He likes cardboard boxes too, there's currently four in our living room at the moment :lol:

AvantGarde

by Jemane » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:08 pm

I’d take the cat to the vet. We had a cat that started meowing all the time and ended up he had cancer. Strange that it’s just at that time of day though. Wouldn’t hurt to take to the vet though I think.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by AvantGarde » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:10 pm

Vet knows and saw him already. Healthy cat.

AvantGarde

by Jemane » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:14 pm

That sounds very odd then. Sorry, don’t have any other words of wisdom.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by AvantGarde » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:28 pm

I think it's his anxiety.

Once we're all awake he starts purring himself to sleep.

AvantGarde

by hal » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:43 am

I have a cat that yawls like that pretty regularly. He's adopted, four years old, and quite needy of attention. One thing I thought we had settled is that he would curl up on my lap when I watch TV early in the morning. But today he jumped up, stayed a minute, and went over to the other chair to sleep by himself. :roll:
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Pancake » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:05 am

AvantGarde wrote:I think it's his anxiety.

Once we're all awake he starts purring himself to sleep.

LOL. Asshole...
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by AvantGarde » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:11 am

:lol: :lol: :roll: He makes a "snacks" face. He has control over me, I just gave him snacks :lol:

AvantGarde

by AvantGarde » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:03 pm

5:03AM, he has started :(

AvantGarde

by Jemane » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:09 pm

That would drive me crazy. I don’t think I could put up with it. I’d look st finding him a new home... but that’s easy for me to say. It’s not my cat and I know when it’s your own you really love them, even if they drive you crazy.
Jemane

by AvantGarde » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:10 pm

What? :shock:

No, I'm definitely not giving him away.

AvantGarde

by Jemane » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:33 pm

Of course you’re not :lol:
That’s what I meant. :lol:
Jemane

by Jemane » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:07 am

Sorry if I offended you AG. What I meant was as a fellow cat owner I get the love you have for animal and that finding them a new home would never be a possibility.
I’ll blame the zyprexa haze for not putting it very well. Sorry. :oops:
Jemane

by AvantGarde » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:23 am

That's okay.

AvantGarde

by shandi » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:36 am

my cat never does that 0_0 she barely even meows like ever.. she does like them aluminum foil balls and cardboard boxes but she just walks up to us sits in the floor on her back legs and looks at us casualy. she knows we love her too much to not melt by her looks and walk up to her and pet her. the only annoying thing is that she connected petting to having food so when we pet her she runs to eat and she is already pretty fat
i think a very difficult thing to do is accepting that i cant promise everyone that unwell behaviors would never occur again
shandi

by AvantGarde » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:47 am

Ahah there's no retraining her now.

Mine are very communicative. :lol:

He hasn't been waking us up lately.

AvantGarde

by shandi » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:16 pm

my cat is pretty trained tbh she understands basic language in my language. words like out and come
if i tell her come she sometimes have this arguement with me where she meows as to say no but i keep on saying come and eventualy sometimes she gives up and comes
i think a very difficult thing to do is accepting that i cant promise everyone that unwell behaviors would never occur again
shandi

by AvantGarde » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:29 pm

Aw sweet :D

AvantGarde

by hal » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:48 pm

Did I ever tell you my cat leads me around? Upstairs his food is too high and crowded for him to jump up (so the dog won't get it). When he wants some he will walk in front of me, just enough so I don't step on me, guiding me to where I will take the hint and get down the bowl for him.
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

Next

Return to Lounge