Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

How's everyone doing with the holiday season?

Relax, catch up on old friends, enjoy each other, and whatever else comes to mind! Like having fun!!

by AvantGarde » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:26 am

Christmas must be such a huge trigger for you, Jemane. I'm sorry you're not dealing well with it, but given your history I think it's to be expected. If you need to, I'll be coming online today, between cookies and compotes.

I've got all my presents, feel like fucking Santa, saw a couple of books to give my mom this year so I went and bought them just now, and got my nephews one book each from me and my mom, I have no idea if they read or not, I know my niece used to. My mom really went all out this year and already gave me a bunch of stuff already, plus the stuff stored away for Christmas Eve (we exchange presents on Christmas Eve usually after dinner), so I feel the need to give back obviously.

I wish I had a daughter this Christmas, saw a fantastic book for teenagers about feminism :)
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by AvantGarde » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:37 pm

My mom is still with the flu, so we're not going *for real* (like there was still a chance) to my sister's.. just need to call them today and let them know. Not sure if we're even going to our friends' house for Christmas lunch, she's been quite sick. She says she wants to so we'll probably go.

Not really feeling theo obligation of having to deal with family, there are two dinners and one lunch up until mid January of family get togethers. I don't think most of them will ever really look at me as regular AG, only mental illness AG, no matter how sane I look and sound.. which is annoying, it's like they're waiting for my crazy to show at any minute. Ah well... could be worse I guess.

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Mocha » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:50 am

I feel for you guys....really.....

And shawn, I especially feel for you dude. I get it. I used to be mean as hell with my 2nd husband. He always wanted to go to his mom's/family out of state for xmas. I went once.... never went again though.....oh hell no.......

I had nothing in common with those people. They didn't like me and I sure didn't like them.

From then on I stayed home for all the holidays.... told him he could go, I didn't care what he did, but I wasn't going....:lol:............
Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by Spm24 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:29 am

Mocha thank you. I have come to the realization/understanding that it is only a couple hours. I can handle it and I know where the door is when I need time away from them all. Plus it will make Tracy happy..

AG it's good not needing to lie to your family about not coming. Sucks that your mom's sick. Might make you sick. Or her friends...Enjoy it as much as you can...
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by AvantGarde » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:33 am

Great news! They weren't even expecting us :lol:

Now, the rest of the family is not as bad, I grew up with them so it's fine. I'm not big on socializing, if you haven't noticed, but I do socialize a fairly lot much many time :?

AvantGarde

by Spm24 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:57 am

At least you don't have to "feel bad" about not going. Now if you want you could make them feel bad about not inviting you guys :D .
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by AvantGarde » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:29 pm

:lol: we will still have some sort of lunch or something, in January. And they had other arrangements for Christmas day, because I said we probably couldn't make it.

AvantGarde

Previous

Return to Lounge