Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

How's everyone doing with the holiday season?

Relax, catch up on old friends, enjoy each other, and whatever else comes to mind! Like having fun!!

by Mocha » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:20 pm

Are you getting caught up in the frenzy or not there yet?

What are you plans if you have any?

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:43 pm

Shitty.

Not exactly mood wise, but in general.
Not feeling too excited for Christmas this year, but well.. I guess later on I will appreciate these times? I have no idea..

Nothing else to do but bake and cook.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Jemane » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:26 pm

Feeling overwhelmed by the sheer number of presents I’ve got to buy. Will get a tree tomorrow if the city doesn’t flood as predicted tonight. Will head to the beach after Christmas so looking forward to that. Getting away to the beach usually helps my mood.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by AvantGarde » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:31 pm

I'm not buying hardly any presents this year. Bought a scarf and a book for my mom, will buy another book that I know a friend of mine will love but that's about it.
Everyone else will be gifted with compotes and chutneys.

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Jemane » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:34 pm

Compotes and chutneys sounds amazing! What a great idea- do you make them yourself?
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by AvantGarde » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:52 pm

Yes I do.

I made for myself Cranberry (sweet and sour, to go with pork) and another of a mix of wild berries to go with cottage cheese or my mom's sandwiches. Going to make Raspberry today or tomorrow.

AvantGarde

by AvantGarde » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:59 pm

Here they are, the cranberry one I made about a third of the other.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AvantGarde

by ophelia12 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:07 am

part of me still refuses to believe we're in december.

I think most of it's because I've made so little progress in 2017, that I'm sort of wanting time to go a little slower.

not really coping with the holidays.. though to be fair, 1 thing I did actually do was buy myself an advent calendar- a lint chocolate one

in attempt to do at least do something
ophelia12

by ophelia12 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:08 am

the worst is yet to come.
that being new year......
ugg

and yes I am jumping ahead

but that's the way I do things
ophelia12

by Pancake » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:26 am

I just... honestly couldn't give a toss. Not up or, down, holidays just don't mean much to me. Biggest worry is the Aussie summer, I don't do too well in the heat, but I can't even be bothered worrying about that :lol:
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by ophelia12 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:36 am

I hate heat too.

probably a factor why i've not taken that trip to vegas that is on my bucket list..

that, and I can't aford the tickets
ophelia12

by Mocha » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:40 am

I still have to pick up candles for the menorah, that's about it. My goddaughter will be so disappointed if I don't. She's 9 now and has been lighting them by herself since she was five.

My sons and I don't do gifts, thank buddha. Goddaughter wants a mani-pedi and a new haircut for the holidays. She's a girlie-girl...... :)

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by Mom2dani » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:51 am

In the beginning I could give a rats ass. First year without the husband, family traditions no longer existing, Not quite stable.

But after wrapping the presents I so far got my daughter, I’m slowing getting there. She and I can make our own traditions, no more hallmark ornaments but glass ornaments we think are pretty. I even decided to throw a housewarming party, something I would never do alone without a spouse.

I know on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day emotions will be high but I’m actually looking forward to the new year.
"Today, I will trust this process and this journey that I have undertaken"
Mom2dani

by Spm24 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:20 am

Had half presents bought before October. Wife did Christmas shopping online during black Friday.

She is getting a cold brew coffee maker. That's it.

We had a disagreement about Christmas tree. I think she won :lol: .

But normal schedule Eve with my family Day with her family.

Not into it this year.
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by ophelia12 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:18 pm

my christmas present this year was the bradshaws box set

I have no one who can buy me gifts, so I treated myself to a little something.

why not
ophelia12

by Jac68 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:28 pm

I'm not usually fond of the holidays, but this year I started out pretty good. Got the tree up, started shopping & wrapping. It has ended. I'm starting to lose my temper, feel on edge.

It can only get better.
Jac68

by Duckysmom » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:17 pm

Have very little holiday spirit. Not a single gift bought. Menu not started. Then, Ducky passed away yesterday. Bill put up the Christmas decorations and it has me pissed off. He just doesn't get the whole grieving over my bird thing. If he tells me that life goes on again, I might lose it completely.

It's ok to still call me Ducky. I'm still Duckysmom and it's a nice tribute to my buddy.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Jemane » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:32 pm

Sorry to hear it ducky. **Hugs**
Jemane

by Spm24 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:47 pm

Ducky I'm sorry to hear that he passed away. It is raw when it first. It will be hard for awhile. When you love something so much the lose is hard to cope with. As long as you grieve them in the best way you can it does get better.

When we are having a tough time with the holidays it is so hard to get things in the swing. To be motivated to do any of it. Like it doesn't really matter anyways. Do what your up to. If they don't like it tell them to go jump in a lake...
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Pancake » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:20 pm

I'm so sorry for the loss of your birdie Ducky.
If he tells me that life goes on again, I might lose it completely.

:shock: what is he thinking, that's got to be one of the daftest things I've heard about death :o
Pancake

by hal » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:24 pm

Pets mean a lot, especially when they live with us a long time. So my sympathy goes out to you Ducky!
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Duckysmom » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:03 pm

Thank you all for your kind words. I didn't mean to derail the thread.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by hal » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:41 pm

Duckysmom wrote:I didn't mean to derail the thread.
WHAT?!? None of us ever do that. :lol:
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by MochaAdmin » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:19 pm

I'm so sorry about your Ducky......I know how much you loved him. I think about him every time I see your avatar.

And good lord, don't worry about going OT.......this about how you're dealing with the holidays and why yanno?......

Besides if you can't go OT here, where can ya?......love and *air hugs*, DM.....

Not a Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
MochaAdmin
Site Admin

by Pancake » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:38 pm

hal wrote:
Duckysmom wrote:I didn't mean to derail the thread.
WHAT?!? None of us ever do that. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ducky losing a pet is awful, and grief is grief. I know some people don't 'get' it, but even the normals in my family take it hard.

When the school cat at my kids' old school died, they organised a little memorial garden for him. We have something similar with little animal statues and a mosaic water dish. Do you have anything like that in mind? I know he was really special to you.
Pancake

Next

Return to Lounge