Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Recipes!

Relax, catch up on old friends, enjoy each other, and whatever else comes to mind! Like having fun!!

by AvantGarde » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:20 am

Simple frittata. 2 pax.

4 large eggs
half an onion, finelly chopped
mozzarella according to taste
basil according to taste
salt according to taste
pepper according to taste
1 tbsp of butter

On a bowl, mix the eggs for scrambled with the salt and the pepper.
Chop the onion and sauté it with the butter it in a frying pan (or whatever that name you call it - I REMEMBER! SKILLET!) until translucid and golden
Add the eggs and let the bottom of the frittata cook for 2 to 3 minutes until you're able to put the mozzarella without it sinking to the bottom.
Add the mozzarella.
Put a lid on it so it cooks.
Take off the heat when the mozarella is melted and the eggs cooked. (It will leave a bit of liquid from the mozarella, it's normal)
Add the basil.
Cut in half.
Eat like you've never eaten before.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Spm24 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:49 am

Monday dinner.. spaghetti chicken mushroom bake. Fail... Spaghetti was old so it tasted like wet clothes.

Tuesday dinner... Mushroom steak over noodles... Fail... Steak was tough. Noodles had no flavors..

Tonight frozen chicken noodle soup... Add plenty of pepper and it should be good...

Tomorrow something with ground beef any suggestions?
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by AvantGarde » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:05 am

Something with ground beef...

Onion, garlic, add the ground beef, after it's slightly cooked enter the mushrooms, and maybe a red bell pepper, tomato sauce, cummins, salt, pepper, a bay leaf, in a pan. A little cream in the end after everything is cooked just to smoothe the sauce.

Serve with spaghetti. Shred some parmigianno, a few basil leaves on top.

Yum.

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Spm24 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:08 am

Have all the ingredients so it is a contender... Sounds flavorful
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by AvantGarde » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:13 am

If you want a more mushroomy taste, add the mushrooms to the onion and garlic before the ground beef.

AvantGarde

by Jemane » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:38 am

500g ground beef
1 cup breadcrumbs
Egg
Chilli powder to taste
Salt and pepper
Cubes of cheese

Make meatballs with cubes of cheese inside
Brown in pan
Put in oven dish with can of crushed tomatos and some beef stock
45 mins in moderate oven

Serve with mash and veggies
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by AvantGarde » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:44 am

Ah cool Jemane, I usually do that with fetta. Nice reminder, forgot about that one!

AvantGarde

by Spm24 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:50 am

Another contender.....jemane.. love fresh meatballs
Spm24

by Pancake » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:28 am

You think we could make this a bit of a foodie thread too?

Uncomplicated dinner. Home grown eggs, baby spinach leaves, little bit of grated cheese and ham.
Yummy zucchini fresh from the garden.

Little bit of home made (not by me) cucumber pickles as a sauce.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by AvantGarde » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:31 am

Sure we can!

First off, I love eggs with stuff, so that looks heavenly.

Second off, your home lays eggs? They must be massive.

AvantGarde

by Jemane » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:24 am

Yum pan!

No recipes from me tonight, went out to have Vietnamese pho for dinner. Yum!
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by AvantGarde » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:54 am

Anyone got a good gravy recipe?

Edit: Nvm.. I got one from Jamie Oliver

AvantGarde

by AvantGarde » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:28 am

Almond blueberry cookies.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AvantGarde

by Pancake » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:05 am

Well, that's dinner covered.

Zucchinis are so prolific I can't keep up with them!

In the 10 minutes I was out to harvest this lot, wearing just a sarong (I'm home alone, and it's 306*), the weather changed so suddenly that it almost got blown away :lol:
Pancake

by AvantGarde » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:10 am

Wow Pan, those are some beautiful veggies :o

AvantGarde

by Pancake » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:29 am

Fresh off the vege tree!
I have lemons too, but they aren't pretty ones. And some oranges and stone fruits growing.
Pancake

by AvantGarde » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:50 am

Love myself all kinds of stone fruits, especially cherries and apricots.

I had a great lemon tree on the garden from a apartment where I lived, they weren't pretty but were big and tasty.
When I get the strenght to go to my family's home in the country, I'll show you the tomatoes!

AvantGarde

by Pancake » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:54 am

Cherries and blueberries are my favourite fruits. They grow really well up here, but my cherry tree is sick and only grew 2. I ate the little tomato.

All fooded, forgot I had salmon in the fridge for a treat because I'm home alone (and the kids don't like it), so had that instead of the eggs.

Kitten is *very* interested in my dinner.
Pancake

by Spm24 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:22 am

I would say yummy except I am not a fan of salmon..

I mad a pork and gravy over egg noodles. Gravy was the best I had made until it broke. From sitting around for an hour. That's a different story for another thread. It still was ok :|
Spm24

by Pancake » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:06 pm

Oreo-trufffle mini-puddings

Edit: these are divine, and made from crushed Oreos + enough sweetened condensed milk to make them sticky enough to roll into balls easily. After that, you can do anything - dip them in cocoa, sprinkles, chocolate...
Pancake

by Jemane » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:53 pm

I’ve put on enough weight. You’re tempting me pan.

My husband hid the salted caramel fudge somewhere so I wouldn’t keep eating it. :lol: I asked him to. :lol:
Jemane

by AvantGarde » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:55 pm

DAMN YOU PAN

(I would eat them all, except one that I would give to you)

AvantGarde

by Pancake » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:30 am

They don't go very far! 1 packet of Oreos doesn't make many truffles, and they are *very* popular :twisted:

So easy, too. If they're too dry add more condensed milk (or even a bit of water). To mushy, leave them to dry out little before rolling (=

Expensive in Oreos though :roll:

I lurrrrve salted caramel.
Pancake

by AvantGarde » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:15 am

Codfish faux risotto

Basically grate a cauliflower, cook it in boiling water, add some cabbage. Cook the fish separately, then shred it.
Drain the veggies, back into the pot with the fish.. some butter and creme fraiche, seasoning and cheese.. maybe some coriander or parsley but I didn't have it. Serve and delight.

Edit.. Half a medium cauliflower is good for two people.. Measure accordingly

AvantGarde

by Spm24 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:56 am

Could you add something for color besides parsley or coriander? Maybe a red pepper or would it mess up the flavor..Other than that it looks good.
Spm24

PreviousNext

Return to Lounge