Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

How's the Weather in Your Neck of the Woods?

Relax, catch up on old friends, enjoy each other, and whatever else comes to mind! Like having fun!!

by Duckysmom » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:50 pm

About 8 F. I want the tropics!
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Mocha » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:12 am

:lol: :lol:
Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by Mocha » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:18 pm

Once again........how's your weather?

It's hasn't stopped raining yet......and very cold for our neck of the woods too. So much hail a couple of days that it looked like snow when I woke that am. And a little snow too here and there up in the hills. There have been a lot of flooding, landslides and road closures.

Right now, we're under major winter storm watch, flash flood watch, etc. The ski resorts are loving it..... It's always good for business.... :)

What about you these days?

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by Duckysmom » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:03 pm

Heat wave! I think we made it up to 30 F today and it's supposed to get to 40 F tomorrow, I think. Then it's dropping again. And we get some rainy, slushy, icy stuff along with it. Yippee! Still looking for the tropics.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by hal » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:41 pm

I hate winter. :evil:

It has warmed up some, highs now in the mid-twenties F. If it's anything like that tomorrow, I might be able to take one of my fast walks, which I enjoy. I believe I've bragged about them before here. :D
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by AvantGarde » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:22 pm

It's coldish around here, around 6ºC but sunny which feels like 10ºC. That's 42/50ºF
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Pancake » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:43 pm

Sorry Hal.

I love winter. Theae days anything over 24*C has me seeking air-conditioned shelter.

Melttingggg
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by Duckysmom » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:14 am

Yep, the rainy, slushy, icy stuff showed up! Just in time for me to fill out an accident report at work because I slipped on the ice and fell in the parking lot. I'm ok, banged up and sore. But spring can come any time now.
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Mocha » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:14 pm

I'm bringing this thread back up to see how the weather is for you guys..... :)

Mine hasn't changed much........Mucho constant and heavy rain and cold.....Lots of flooding, mudslides, etc.....Once again, I'm loving the constant heavy rain......grey skies......I like being all snug and warm in my apt....shorter days

Summertime I do not like....bleh.....even though it doesn't get that hot here. No one even has an AC......:roll:

So how is it for you?

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by Spm24 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:35 pm

Sixty degrees tomorrow then snow on Wednesday. Has been an up and down winter for me here. Think we have had a total of six inches at the most this year where twenty miles away had twelve inches one day last week.....
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Debs » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:58 pm

Snow, snow, snow & (MINUS) -30 tonight with the windchill here in Saskatchewan!!! :shock:
But we do have a very pretty white Christmas & hot summer 8-) 8-)
Every day is a new beginning
Take a deep breath & start again :)
Debs

by Mocha » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:34 pm

omg, Debs.......I'd like to play in the snow for a few days, but not at that temperature....... :shock:

It's really not all that cold here, just seems that way because of the f'ing constant wind from downtown and the bay, and dampness & rain.........

50F/10C

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by Justine41 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:48 pm

Snow and more snow. Second snowfall warning. Not looking forward to the hydro bill lol. Someone out there is enjoying the sun.
Justine41

by AvantGarde » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:26 am

Raining mixed with sunshine here. Big storms last week, beautiful sunny day yesterday, raining again today. Temperature is not winterish though, more like autumnish which is weird, only needed my winter jacket for a few days this year. The cold may come again, who knows? :?
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Mocha » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:10 pm

It's still raining.....chilly, lots of wind.....

And yes, I still love the rain and cloudy, grey days....... :)

Justine, I'm not looking forward to the heating bill either. Damn utility co. raised the prices right in the middle of winter..... :shock:

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by Debs » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:23 pm

The snow is melting fast here as we are at +6 today which is REALLY weird for February! Normally we are still in -30's & -40's. I am hoping we are not going to pay for it in March!! I would love to say Spring is arriving early but I am not confident ;)
Debs

by Mocha » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:50 pm

Debs wrote:The snow is melting fast here as we are at +6 today which is REALLY weird for February! Normally we are still in -30's & -40's.

Oh wow, Debs......that's a huge difference........but +6 is pretty damn cold for me......I can't even imagine living in -30's & -40's...... :shock:

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by Pancake » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:06 pm

Hottest part of summer here (usually).

Woke up to 4*C and FROST.
Pancake

by Mocha » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:10 pm

Pancake wrote:Hottest part of summer here (usually).

Woke up to 4*C and FROST.

At least you got a break from the heat....... :)

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by Mocha » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:30 pm

Still raining.....and cold.....at least it's cold for us. I know it wouldn't be cold for some of you.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by Debs » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:03 pm

The snow is back today!! Beautiful day though, very pretty its the dry fluffy snow, blue skies once it stopped snowing, no wind & +2 Temps :) :) :)
Debs

by Pancake » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:27 pm

Mocha wrote:Still raining.....and cold.....at least it's cold for us. I know it wouldn't be cold for some of you.

It's a very pleasant 27(81) with a nice breeze.

Going to go sit outside and study, and make the sleepover kids taco boats for a picnic dinner.
Pancake

by Debs » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:54 pm

Mmmmm I'm jealous!!! I love a white Christmas but I am so ready for summer now 8-)
Debs

by Pancake » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:15 pm

Debs wrote:Mmmmm I'm jealous!!! I love a white Christmas but I am so ready for summer now 8-)

:lol: Christmas in Australia is Santa wearing shorts and "turn the bloody oven off, would ya!"
Pancake

by Mocha » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:09 pm

Pancake wrote: :lol: Christmas in Australia is Santa wearing shorts and "turn the bloody oven off, would ya!"

:lol: :lol:
I was just thinking about the change in seasons today.......northern and southern hemispheres........

You're looking at fall and we're headed into spring......wonder how many of us will be feeling that 'spring mania'...... :shock: .... :lol:

That might be worth a thread of it's own......

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Lounge