Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

How's the Weather in Your Neck of the Woods?

Relax, catch up on old friends, enjoy each other, and whatever else comes to mind! Like having fun!!

by Mocha » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:04 am

I've heard a few of you mention cold weather/snow, etc. Since we're scattered all over the globe, what about the rest of you?

I love on the Northwest Coast of No.CA. For us it's been pretty chilly lately...frost everynight. And lots and lots of rain, and major winds. A tree blew down in our alley and crushed our neighbor's Denali.....what a bummer.

We always have wind off the bay year round, but it's been worse lately. I'm sure you guys get down in the really low temps, but fortunately not for us. 30-40s at night, and 40-50s daytime....So far anyway.

And it looks like we're in for another week of rain.....but I don't mind it. I like staying in.

Btw.....how many of you have a White Christmas?

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:13 am

Here it's raining on the weekends and sunny and warm on week days. Heavy rains this past weekend, floods everywhere, pretty usual. The river rises and the streets flood. Every year the same thing. Now it's a beautiful day, went out for coffee early in the morning and everyone was in a good mood. :lol:

No white christmas here. Last year there was this white stuff falling from the sky mid January, probably closer to hail than to snow. Climate change deniers were freaked :lol:
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Mocha » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:28 am

AG wrote:Climate change deniers were freaked :lol:

Idiots......They can deny all they want, but they probably believe in the tooth fairy too........:roll:.........They'll really be freaked out when they can't deny it any longer......Science rules!......

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:33 am

I won't dwell much on that subject so I don't trigger myself, but seriously creepy stuff. They say this winter will be the coldest in 100 years :?

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Mocha » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:41 am

Sorry Ag....didn't mean to start shit or trigger anyone......I live in CA....and you know how 'we' are....
Major environmentalists all the way......:lol:...
I'll leave it alone..... ;)

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:47 am

Most people in Europe believe in climate change, but there's a new trend saying "it's nature's natural balance", in which whatever we do we're always screwed because nature hates us. :lol:

And, no problem :D I always trigger myself, I seldom get triggered by others :lol:

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Pancake » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:09 am

Mmmpf.
At risk of increasing your distress, AG, I always wonder why the unbelievers are so determined to remain so. I mean, if they're right, so what. Nothing changes.

But why not commit to changes even if you don't believe, just in case you're wrong? I mean, only one scenario gives People a chance at survival, the planet will move on just fine once we're gone...

Same thing goes with mining of finite resources, it feels like they're in a rush to use them all up before they run out, and my brain is just wtf.

Okay, sorry for continuing the derail.

FUCK SUMMER AND THE DRAGON IT RODE IN ON I am basically living naked with a hat on.
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by AvantGarde » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:20 am

:lol: :lol: at the dragon and the hat

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Mocha » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:49 am

Pancake wrote: FUCK SUMMER AND THE DRAGON IT RODE IN ON I am basically living naked with a hat on.

What a visual....:lol:....
I'd swap with you, Pan.......Of course I'd rather be in Queensland, staying at one the beautiful resorts right on the beach....lol

Where I live, the Pacific is always cold....too cold for swimming. I'm still used to the Gulf of Mexico.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by jeffw » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:44 am

Mocha and AG - too much wet weather! @Pan - funny hearing of hot weather in Dec for me!

Weather in AZ (Phoenix) has left the 100's and 90 - daytime has been mid-50's and nights in the 40's. What kills me is the lack of daytime - sun doesnt rise til almost 7am and sets shortly after 5pm - I dont need my sunglasses as I go to work in the dark and leave in the dark - haha - well maybe not funny..
The 1,000 mile journey begins with the 1st step.
jeffw

by SlyPixie » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:14 am

I live out in Southern California in the high desert and we have already had our first frost of the season. We are supposed to get snow but we were supposed to have snow last year and it didn't happen. If it does snow I hope it only sticks around for a little while and then leaves. I like the snow from a distance....
Not all who wander are lost.

Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean that it's not there.
SlyPixie

by Mocha » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:27 am

jeffw wrote:Mocha and AG - too much wet weather! @Pan - funny hearing of hot weather in Dec for me!

Weather in AZ (Phoenix) has left the 100's and 90 - daytime has been mid-50's and nights in the 40's. What kills me is the lack of daytime - sun doesnt rise til almost 7am and sets shortly after 5pm - I dont need my sunglasses as I go to work in the dark and leave in the dark - haha - well maybe not funny..

Jeff!!!.....So good to see you..... :D

We love every drop of rain we get around here. CA is into a five year drought. Just wish So. CA was getting as much as we are.

hmm.....your sun rising and setting sounds like our's. Of course you don't have daylight savings time in AZ. I wish we didn't.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by Duckysmom » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:12 pm

Broken foot, crutches and 2 inches of snow = dangerous situation. But I managed. It's supposed to get into the 20's F next week. That means very cold toes. And I've always hated winter in the midwest. Just more so now!
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by hal » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:42 pm

Here in Ioway we had 3-4 inches of snow, now mostly melted away. Had a very warm November.

As to climate change, everybody accepts that, it's the question as to how much is due to human activities and, if any, what can be done about it. Your answer will probably be inversely proportional to your investment share in fossil fuels.
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Jemane » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:18 pm

It's a mild 21 degrees Celsius in melbourne today but on the weekend it was 32 degrees and we were all swimming in the pool. Love Australian summers. (Sorry I don't know Fahrenheit temperatures)
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by Pancake » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:09 pm

It made it to 26 up here, which is about my limit. If it weren't for the swimming, summer would turn me into a melted puddle of puddle.
Pancake

by AvantGarde » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:13 pm

I thought Australia was hotter than that. That's not very hot. We've reached 40 here in the summer. It's still early though, Autralian folks, it can get hotter :twisted:

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Jemane » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:37 pm

Avantgarde,
Oh yes, it gets way hotter than that. In January we'll have lots of over 40 degrees. Our hottest in Melbourne was 45 degrees. It's nice to start to get a taste of warmer weather as we had a much colder winter than usual.
Melbourne isn't quite as hot as further north so our summer doesn't last as long.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by AvantGarde » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:43 pm

Ah, I thought so! :) Good luck, I don't miss the summer, my meds make the heat uncomfortable for me, I prefer spring or fall.

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Pancake » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:41 am

35 today.

Help help I've melted.
Pancake

by lisastout » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:16 am

Cool and rainy here in northeast Tennessee. Been everywhere from 30 F to 50 F in the last few weeks. We welcome the rain as there were some major forest fires in many of the surrounding counties and states. It had gotten so dry, even to drought level in some places. Sadly, some of the worst fires were due to arson. Pisses me off. Anyways, my kids would love a white Christmas. I've not seen many of those, it seems like the snow usually comes January through March here.
Lisa
"I can't explain or justify what's in my mind or why I cry"
lisastout

by Mocha » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:53 am

We had a couple of halfway sunny days, but going back to rain for the next few days. Suits my mood......I prefer rainy/gray atm......lol

not too chilly.....52/11......but since I live right off the bay/coast with a constant breeze/wind, it always feels colder to me. Remember I'm not 'from' here. I haven't been warm since I got here......:lol:....

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:09 pm

It's colder today and 100% humidity so, f*ck us here all chilled to the skeleton with winter jackets that need to be humidity proof.

Apparently weather is gonna go worse, with heavy rain and wind. It's good for the crops, bad for the city folks like me. No walk in the morning for coffee and cake, best to stay at home.

Need to go to the supermarket to buy the stuff for christmas eve before it's all leftovers. Should've gone today but needed to help my mom buy a heater for her bedroom, and carry it home. Not sure how I'm going to do that with heavy rains and wind.

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Mocha » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:30 pm

AvantGarde wrote:Should've gone today but needed to help my mom buy a heater for her bedroom, and carry it home. Not sure how I'm going to do that with heavy rains and wind.

ohh.....I hate the really cold/with high humidity thing.......uck.

Now I have a visual of you trudging along the street, carrying a heavy pkg while fighting/leaning into the heavy winds/rain. Like something from a movie....of course there would be some really dramatic/great background music.......:lol:

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:35 pm

:lol: Very cinematographic indeed! I shall dance on the street and sing "I'm daaaancing in the rain, just daaaaaaaancing in the raaaaain, what a gloooorious feeling! I'm happy again!" :lol:

AvantGarde
Site Admin

Next

Return to Lounge