Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

How's the Weather in Your Neck of the Woods?

Relax, catch up on old friends, enjoy each other, and whatever else comes to mind! Like having fun!!

by Spm24 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:32 pm

Yeah snow.. depends on the system it might just flurry or we could see over a foot of snow. Usually get five or six inches with a good system...

Beaches now that's something hard for me to imagine. Really special occasion for me to get there... Years and years...
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Jemane » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:31 pm

I wish I could send a photo to paint a picture of where I am right now but I’ll paint a word picture instead.

The bay waters are gently lapping on the shell-filled beach. My daughter is building epic sandcastles with her many buckets. There is the sound of happy children everywhere. A flock of yachts are just leaving the shore, my eldest child among them somewhere. My middle child is wet and needs a bit of help putting his yacht away. The odd seagull lands then flies away. The sun intermittently finds its way through the clouds but the air is warm and sweet and full of life. This is my Sunday. This is every Sunday for me in summer. Sunday’s are good for the soul.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by Spm24 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:43 pm

Sounds like a truly relaxing Sunday. Wonderful picture that you painted...
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by cottontail » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:06 am

It is boiling here where I am .... I hate it. Wish I had snow and cold of Europe. :cry:
cottontail

by AvantGarde » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:20 am

The cold is back. There was a big storm passing, lots of rain, strong wind knocked down a couple of trees, I didn't watch the news don't know if people are hurt or anything.

I'm wearing a polar sweater, a wool sweater, a wool jacket, scarf and the gloves and another jacket are standing by for when I go outside. If history has thought me anything, the sun will be hot after a while and I'll be melting.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Pancake » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:11 am

Many degrees, aaargh
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by Spm24 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:55 am

Four inches of snow yesterday. Beautiful sight to behold.
Spm24

by Lovehope » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:30 pm

Very cold! Snowed last night. A few inches but enough for my stepson to have a two hour delay for school
Lovehope

by AvantGarde » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:13 pm

15ºC again with a cold breeze and raining.

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Jemane » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:09 pm

After a hot 34 degree day and a balmy 20 degree night the cool change has come and its a lovely 21 degrees, sitting by the sea.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by hal » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:20 pm

Very cold: -10 F = -23 C. Even the dog wanted a short walk this morning. :lol:
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Jemane » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:51 pm

Hal, wow, that is sooo cold. Forgive my ignorance but how does one actually live in an environment like that? How do you actually go outside? (I mean, I complain and feel like I can’t handle it when the mercury hits less than 16 degrees Celsius).
Jemane

by hal » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:22 pm

I was wondering the same sort of thing when I saw in the news that some place in North Dakota was getting -40 (the same in F and C). How do people live there? I guess the answer is you just get used to it.
-- Tennyson
hal

by AvantGarde » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:23 pm

How'bout them penguins in Antartica?!

AvantGarde

by hal » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:12 am

AvantGarde wrote:How'bout them penguins in Antartica?!
:lol:
-- Tennyson
hal

by Mocha » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:58 pm

It feels yucky here......humidity is like 95%....no rain but really foggy, and I mean really foggy. Feels chilly and warm at the same time.

Currently: 49F/9C

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:27 pm

We had a weird fog last week here, lasted all day, creepy as fuck for me and my neighbours who live on top of the hill, reminded me of foggy nights in my family's country village (imagine old european, granite village, where you can't see 3 meters in front of you, kids running home to their parents and a lot of talks about ghosts).

Now, still 15ºC and not a single breeze. Just went outside for a smoke and was hot with my wool sweater and big jacket.

AvantGarde

by Mocha » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:09 pm

We haven't had our usual rain this year either. Not good.

It usually starts right after Halloween, lasts until spring. Hopefully it will start after the first of the year, otherwise we're going to go back to the droughty conditions again. Last year we had so much rain our area had gone back to normal status tg.

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Mocha
Site Admin

by Jemane » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:42 pm

42 degrees Celsius today (107.6 Fahrenheit). Hit the beach in the morning but a bit too hot to go out in the sun this afternoon.
Jemane

by hal » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:51 pm

-17 fahrenheit here = -22 celsius. The fact is, if it's extra hot somewhere in the world, somewhere else in the world has to make up for it!
-- Tennyson
hal

by AvantGarde » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:06 pm

What extreme temperatures you guys are telling us about :shock:

Here is a mild 11ºC (51.8ºF), has been raining and the temps are suppose to lower this weekend. Never to freezing though, I only remember it snowing in Lisbon once and it was for like 5 minutes. I feel that I'm repeating myself, so appologies.

AvantGarde

by hal » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:40 am

It's been very unusually cold for a couple of weeks now. But the east coast had it the worst two days ago with a "bomb cyclone." A very big cold front hit a hurricane-like low and the storm followed the coast up to the Canadian Maritimes, dumping up to 0.5 m of snow. It even snowed in Florida! :cry:
-- Tennyson
hal

by AvantGarde » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:41 am

I heard it being mentioned on the news :?

AvantGarde

by Lovehope » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:43 am

In the negatives at night not getting past the teens during the day. Wind chills feel like below zero though. The gusts of wind are around 40mph... staying inside! Headed to the movies today too
Lovehope

by Alison » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:34 am

12" of snow, everything is shut down for days still. Virginia Beach area is so not used to this. Temps in the single digits and the wind chill....I don't even know what it is but it's beyond cold. Stay warm my East Coast friends!!
Even storm clouds help the flowers grow~
Alison

PreviousNext

Return to Lounge