Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

How's the Weather in Your Neck of the Woods?

Relax, catch up on old friends, enjoy each other, and whatever else comes to mind! Like having fun!!

by Pancake » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:55 am

HallowJack wrote:It's currently seventeen degrees celsius here, and I'm honestly so cold. Seventeen probably sounds like nothing to some people here, but I'm Australian, and we ... we just don't know how to deal with a temperature that's less than melt-your-face-off hot.

Alpine Vic here. My car is covered with ice every morning and its heater is broken. I love the cold. Summer, on the other hand.... Uck. It's only redeeming quality is swimming.
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by Duckysmom » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:41 am

In the flooded midwest, water in the basement, a leaking window in the family room, trees doen and so many detours I wasn't sure if I would actually get to work. Roads are flooded from overflowing lakes and rivers. Been seeing fish in the middle of the road on FB. We needed the rain, but not this much!
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by HallowJack » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:26 pm

Pancake wrote:
HallowJack wrote:It's currently seventeen degrees celsius here, and I'm honestly so cold. Seventeen probably sounds like nothing to some people here, but I'm Australian, and we ... we just don't know how to deal with a temperature that's less than melt-your-face-off hot.

Alpine Vic here. My car is covered with ice every morning and its heater is broken. I love the cold. Summer, on the other hand.... Uck. It's only redeeming quality is swimming.

Nope! Can't deal!
HallowJack

by AvantGarde » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:48 am

Hot. Just one more month and a half until the fresh seasons begin.

A cab driver told me yesterday "The ancients used to say that Winter begins in the 1st of August" I loved those prophetic words.
Genetically evolved chicken at your service &
Shawn's part-time mind disrupter

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Mocha » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:24 am

Ducky, i've been keeping up with the flooding in your neck of the woods....damn.

Been seeing fish in the middle of the road on FB.

holy shit.......maybe it's time to get out your rod & reel.....you guys could just sit on your porch.....lol

it's about 55F here atm......quite a bit of humidity. the rest of CA is having a major heat wave, but here on the coast it's ok...thank buddha.

Not A Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by jmangum80 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:59 am

HOT!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
"On this Path effort never goes to waste, and there is no failure."
The Bhagavad Gita
jmangum80

by Spm24 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:31 am

The weather here is beautiful. The mid seventies here with a slight breeze. So nothing to complain about....
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by AvantGarde » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:55 am

Still hot. 38ºC today all day, had to work dripping sweat. Blah.

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by MochaAdmin » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:56 am

For a while we didn't think we were going to have our 'Indian Summer' here. That's what we call the end of August and September. That's when we have our most beautiful weather. Warm for us, all sunny days. Usually when all the tourists come to town..North Coast.

We haven't had one in a couple of years......gone right into fall, so it's nice to see..... :) Our one time of year when we can actually wear shorts......:lol:

Our summers are always cloudy, dreary and chilly, windy, so we're enjoying this...... :)

Not a Professional of Any Kind ~ Just Your Garden Variety Nutjob

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
MochaAdmin
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:08 am

It's been three months of intense heat. Finally, since yesterday, a fresh breeze started for much of all of our reliefs (except my neighbour who said and I quote "Shit, it's cold", I assure you its not).

It's supposed to rain today, might help end some wildfires that are devastating my country. Keeping positive.

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Mocha » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:13 am

It's Sept 13 and kinda felt like fall this morning for the first time this year. Just a little.

Cloudy etc. Although now the sun is coming out, supposed to be sunny the rest of the day. We'll see, never know here on the coast. High is supposed to be around 56F/13C......Low 51F/around 10C.

I love fall and winter so it's about time...... :)

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:29 am

Temp will drop almost 10ºC tomorrow! YAY! It might even rain a bit :D :D :D FALL!

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Mocha » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:24 am

nice....... :)

Yeah, it's already rained here 2-3 times. A sure sign fall is on the way.....

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by Spm24 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:42 am

Seventies and damp.... Sleeping weather
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by AvantGarde » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:17 am

Temp did not go down and no rain. :evil: stupid inaccurate weather channel for getting my hopes up.

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by hal » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:46 am

Dry... getting to be a problem.
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by AvantGarde » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:49 am

Dry here too.

Temperature did lower today, the air is finally not melting hot. There's fresh wind, but lots of wind.

AvantGarde
Site Admin

by Mocha » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:50 pm

absolutely beautiful here for the past few days, just the right temperature during the daytime/evening. The locals are running around in tshirts/shorts, but being from the deep south I wear a light weight hoodie/jacket at night. I've never gotten used to the local climate after all these years. And as many of you know I live on the North Coast, Northern CA. An absolutely beautiful part of the world.

We have a constant wind/breeze from the bay, so it's always a little chilly. During the winter it feels like we live in a wind tunnel.... :shock: .....

Plus it rains from Halloween to spring......which I love of course......Again, why I love fall and winter. I love being all safe, snug and warm in my apt...... :) Not a time for depression for me. Of course I'm kinda of a loner anyway..... ;) In a very healthy way, of course......I'm very satisfied with my own company...... :P

Temps for today: 64°F /49°F.....temperature for tomorrow 62°F /50°F .....I've been outside most of the day......too beautiful to stay inside..... :)

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by Jemane » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:53 pm

That sounds glorious mocha. I think your Fahrenheit Celsius conversion isn't quite right though at you said 49 and 50 degrees celsius. That's as hot as it gets in our very hot dessert here is Australia! The hottest it's ever been in my city is 46 degree Celsius.
I'm over our prolonged winter that has no sign of giving up yet. Just need this cold and rain to stop!!!!
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by Spm24 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:38 pm

jemane I think Mocha was saying that the temp for her was 49 and 50 degrees Fahrenheit at night for her.. :lol: no conversion for Celsius...
Spm24

by Jemane » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:37 pm

:oops:
That makes more sense!
:lol: :lol:
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Jemane

by Mocha » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:09 pm

sorry Jemane....My bad.... :oops: ....I usually do the conversion for you guys, but got lazy in my last post.....lol......

~Martin Luther King~
Mocha
Site Admin

by AvantGarde » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:01 pm

That sounds wonderful Mocha :D Temp is going to rise to 28/29ºC here in a few days again... Then it will go down for good I think. Tonight was the first night I actually got cold and needed an extra blanket on the bed :D

And I can't wait for my Christmas time hypomania :D lol

AvantGarde
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Lounge