Bipolar Support Forums To Share and Support One Another

Cheer Squad

Relax, catch up on old friends, enjoy each other, and whatever else comes to mind! Like having fun!!

by Pancake » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:33 pm

It seems like a lot of you are having a hard time right now, so I wonder if maybe we all set our 'achievements' bar in an achievable position, we could find something to pat ourselves (and each other) on the back for.

Feel like a shadow of your former self, still wearing your pyjamas and haven't showered in a week... but by damn you got up and made yourself a cup of tea this morning? Good for you.

I'm still in my pyjamas today, and I totally plan to have a shower this afternoon (after a nap), but last week I managed to try 2 new spinning techniques. (For those who don't know, spinning yarn is my version of meditation).

One was spinning cotton (cool and smooth), harder than wool as it doesn't catch onto it itself and the fibers are much shorter, and the other was to spin Woollen (fluffy yarn) using a technique called 'long draw'. It's also harder than the way I was taught, like trying to learn to write with your other hand. I had my first success at last, and it's very warm and squishy and smooshy.

What about you?
Totally sane mermaid-siren of Vegemiteland
Pancake

by Polrus » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:00 pm

Well done, Pan. You're rocking those fibers.

I got a little one.

In therapy today I rescued my inner child from a precarious position and brought him home with me. He'll live with me now. I'll take care of him.

Ha! Essentially what I'm saying is - I adopted a child today, and HE'S CUTE!
Stars, hide your fires; Let not light see my black and deep desires.

Macbeth
Polrus

by Lovehope » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:02 pm

I successfully used a distraction technique to help with my overwhelming thoughts. I did a word search to try to get out of my head. It helped even for that little bit of time and I'm proud of myself that I did it

Thanks for starting this thread
Lovehope

by Pancake » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:46 pm

Polrus wrote:In therapy today I rescued my inner child from a precarious position

So does that mean you worked on The Big Thing that happened this week? Well done, now just move the bar back down so I don't have to trip over it :P

Lovehope wrote:I successfully used a distraction technique to help with my overwhelming thoughts.

*shakes Pom Poms*
Do you like to cook?

Well, I couldn't snooze which is a bugger 'cos now I have many things to do and I'm not well-paced. Oh well, I've showered and I have time to sort out some things before the busy starts. -1 for the failed nap, I can worry about the consequences later. +2 for the shower 8-)

Edit: Stuff it, this is my game. -0 for the no-nap.
Pancake

by Polrus » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:56 pm

Oh yeah, the big thing - and I adopted an illusiary child!

Don't beat yourself up about the nap. It's supposed to be a positive thread, right? So look at it as you saved yourself some time. You ensured no oversleeping. You protected your face from pillow wrinkles.

:D

Macbeth
Polrus

by hal » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:56 pm

I thought of adding an extension to the Wandering thread < viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1601 >. But I don't know if that's really an achievement or backsliding. 8-)
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by AvantGarde » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:16 pm

Great idea Pancake! :D

Well, I finally have my sleep schedule settled again. I've been sleeping 8 hours a night.
I take a walk every day, sometimes two.
I beat the ants! Found something that doesn't harm mammals but kills all insects (diatomaceous earth)
Have a job waiting for me, or better yet, I'm waiting for it. I'll take care of apartment renting on airbnb, cleaning it, recieving the turists, buying stuff, decorating it, etc. It will be fun to do while I don't go back to college. :D
Genetically evolved chicken at your service

My therapist says I don't have crazy eyes

Never surrender your freedom of being to the veridict of those who are strangers to your inner workings
AvantGarde

by Polrus » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:25 pm

Awesome, AG, you've been busy. Many achievements. Excelling, you are :P

Macbeth
Polrus

by SlyPixie » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:02 pm

Good idea,

Despite my kind of dragging butt at work my boss is still working with me and training me to takeover. I'm thankful that she's understanding.

I managed to get the kids from the after school program before 6.

I even did the dishes.
Not all who wander are lost.

Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean that it's not there.
SlyPixie

by Polrus » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:11 am

That's great, pix. I love that you even got got the dishes done. Lol. XD

Macbeth
Polrus

by Spm24 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:03 am

Well for me it was making it through work without belittling myself of anything. Plus scheduling Monday off. So I can spend Sunday (her birthday) with her instead sleeping.
Think that counts...
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Pancake » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:07 am

Spm wrote:Think that counts...

Anything goes. Today, I didn't kick puppies.

I mean, I never kick puppies. But I also didn't today. +1

I like the forward planning. Is Monday recovery time? What are you planning on Sunday?

SlyPixie wrote:I managed to get the kids from the after school program before 6.

Nice work. Do they close at 6? I used to work with unpredictable overtime. Sometimes trying to get off on time to pick kids up before the centre closed with zero backup plan could be really stressful. I have a kitchen full of dishes right now thanks to 16-year old experiments. I'm successfully ignoring it.

AvantGarde wrote:diatomaceous earth

I've heard of it as a treatment for lice on chickens. Now I need to find out more.
Pancake

by Duckysmom » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:01 am

I made it to work today instead of working from home. My boss would allow me to. He's so supportive and understanding. But I don't want to take advantage of his kindness. After yesterday's back slide into depression, I wasn't sure i I would make it in today. But here I am, in the parking lot, in my car.

Ok. Now to get my butt in the building. Working on a bit of a panic attack. But I'm going to do it. In just a minute or two.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Spm24 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:19 am

Pancake,
Yes Monday is recovery plus I work nights right now so if I didn't take it off I would sleep off and on Sunday. Breakfast in bed. Let her go back to sleep after that. Maybe clean the house while she's sleeping. Then get dressed up and take her out for a fancy dinner. Not sure where just yet.
Duckysmom,
A major step forward. Quiet an achievement!!
Snowflakes gently floating from the sky just dusting the ground. Then it picks up bigger fatter flakes cascading from space at a faster rate. From a dusting to a trace. Then the deluge comes. Oh what joy. Watching everything slow to a crawl, then a stop. Step outside and even with things moving it is quiet. It is a giant muffler the earth is wearing. Causing everything to be muted.To be calm.
Spm24

by Spm24 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:11 am

I am posting yet again :D
Just to reassure everyone I am not just in a depressed state all the time. According to Pancakes plus and minus scale right now I am up to +5 yeah.
Two from last night one for going to store. Hate going to the store people annoy me. Another one for making wife a cake the other one for going to paint boards in a few minutes..
Spm24

by Pancake » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:20 am

hal wrote:But I don't know if that's really an achievement or backsliding.
why would it be backsliding?
+ a countable infinity for the story, - the square root of -i for questioning yourself :P

I work nights right now

Gotcha. Shift work can really mess around with things. I'm glad you could get Monday off, and I hope your wife enjoys her day.

Going to the store... horrible harsh light, too much noise. Good adulting there! Anything for cake ;)

Go Ducky! Hope your workday went well.
Pancake

by hal » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:51 am

Pan... :D :D :D :D :D
. . . all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone.
-- Tennyson
hal

by Duckysmom » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:09 pm

Do I still get the pat on the back if I didn't make it the whole day? I got a really important project done and a lot of other work accomplished and then I couldn't hold off the panic anymore. Feel good about what I did accomplish. Feel bad that I didn't make it all day.
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Spm24 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:18 pm

Duckysmom,
Yes you get a pat on the back. You accomplished quite a bit.
Spm24

by jeffw » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:23 pm

I love all the replies to this thread - VERY positive. I am finding that positive thought can really be a game changer with my constant negative thoughts.

On a side note I found a tdoc this week - going to see her weekly. I have an appointment with a pdoc next Tuesday - I am quite excited to get in so soon..

Feeling pretty good.....

hope everyone is well...
The 1,000 mile journey begins with the 1st step.
jeffw

by Duckysmom » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:46 pm

JeffW, congrats on the tdoc and pdoc. Big steps! I hope it all goes well.

Spm, thank you for the response!

This thread is great. We need to remind ourselves that we do both small and great things in spite of our diagnosis. It's a great reminder that we are more than a label out of a medical book.
Bruce Lee
Duckysmom

by Polrus » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:59 pm

Positive is what it's all about, so get your happy on everyone, lol. Show how you sparkle. Demonstrate your awesomeness! :D

Macbeth
Polrus

by Lovehope » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:07 pm

I did sudoku today. Didn't finish the puzzle yet but I started. Haven't really made it out of bed after work but my therapist said to do one thing a night if I can even if it's while I'm laying in bed. So I did the sudoku. Trying to just be proud of that
Lovehope

by Polrus » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:12 pm

Be proud! Sudoko is hard for a fuzzy brain. You did good enough to attempt, even if you didn't finish.

Well done! :P

Macbeth
Polrus

by Jaivi » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:02 pm

I had court today (I'm in a mental health court program right now...was arrested earlier this year unfortunately) and the judge said that I am "doing everything they have asked of me and more", so I feel pretty decent about that :)

Recording a new song right now, perhaps I'll share it with you all when I'm done :D

Oh and I finished binge watching all 7 seasons of Parks and Rec. Pretty sure that counts as an accomplishment, correct?? :lol: :lol:

EDIT:
https://soundcloud.com/jaiviii/like-dust-and-children

it's a little out there stuff, I improvise all of it, but maybe you'll like it. <3
Enduring in the faith in my dreams and hopes: got to keep laughing :)
Jaivi

Next

Return to Lounge